Chapter 8

The babysitter (Gtae AU)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I want to be a doctor when I grow up.”

“A doctor?”

“Yes. Why do you want to be a doctor?”

“Because I want to help mommies.”

“Ah, just like the doctor when we first see baby girl?”

“Yes.”

 

Good thing Hera is having her class today and later they will eat lunch at Hera’s favorite noodles shop. As for Jiyong, he is extremely busy with work and barely have the time for his daughter.

 

“You know… You know I have something to give you later. Teacher said it is a surprise.”

“A surprise for me?”

“Yes. And can we also go to the supermarket later?”

“We have to ask your Daddy.”

 

Taeyeon observed Hera’s reaction upon answering her question. Hera is always so curious about anything. She promised herself not to think too much of Jiyong and focus onto Hera. She’s been asking her countless of questions since they arrived at school, but she is constantly spacing out. And the little girl kisses her lips whenever Taeyeon will be blank. And those sweet kisses brought her back to reality. Questions about animals, food, occupation and difficult question like ‘how babies are made?’, Taeyeon feels like she is in a quiz bee.

 

“Can I go inside now?”

“Do you want me to go with you inside your classroom?”

“No. I am a big girl.”

“Okay, Hera. I will just be here in the waiting area.”

 

But Hera didn’t go yet. She stays still and look fondly at Taeyeon. Showing her bright and cheerful smile. Anyone will fall for her cute smile and mesmerizing eyes.

 

“Why baby?”

“You forgot something.”

“What is it, Hera?”

“Kiss.”

 

She attacks Hera with kisses all over her face and embrace her too. The little girl giggles a lot when Taeyeon lightly tickles her tummy. Hera did not forget to kiss Taeyeon’s tummy too. She cares a lot about the hyperactive baby girl inside Taeyeon’s tummy.

 

“You have to go now, baby. The teacher might be waiting for you.”

“Okay. See you later.”

“See you, Hera.”

 

Taeyeon arranges her stuff and she’s thankful that she was able to get the book ‘what to expect when you’re expecting’ because it’s a good companion while waiting for Hera because she prefer books rather than browsing the social media. She’s in the middle of learning the proper feeding techniques when Hera’s assistant teacher approaches her.

 

“Excuse me, are you the guardian of Kwon Hera?”

“Yes.”

“I’m sorry to inform you, Kwon Hera is currently in the clinic. She fell down while playing in the playground.”

 

 

Her whole heart sinks. She cannot even digest what the lady is explaining when she went inside to search for the school clinic. The assistant teacher did her best in assuring Taeyeon that the injury isn’t bad, but her mind can’t stop thinking about the worst. When she enters the clinic, the nurse ushered her into the small pink and white bed in the corner. Her little girl is lying there with a bandage in her left arm. The moment she saw her Nanny Taeyeon, tears came running down her eyes.

 

“Hera?”

 

It broke Taeyeon’s heart to see Hera in tears. She’s perfectly fine a while ago and now here she is, with a bandaged arm and bruised legs. The little girl is crying while embracing her with her uninjured arm.

 

“It hurts.”

“Oh, my poor Hera.”

“Am I going to die?”

“No, baby! Of course not! How can you say that? Of course not. I am here now and few minutes later, for sure your father will be here too.”

“It hurt so much.”

 

Taeyeon felt like crying too. She keeps on patting Hera’s back to at least let her know that she is out of danger, that everything will be okay. She tried calming her by softly patting her back while she is still in her arms. The nurse informed Taeyeon that they called Hera’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter