Chapter Seven: The Perfect First Date

Our Shining Days (with Jake from ENHYPEN)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Early in the morning, Jake arrived at Miriam’s house. He was carrying a gift. It was a weekend. He had planned something special: a first date.

He walked up to the door and knocked, feeling a little nervous, knowing he was going to talk to her for the first time…again.

Mrs. Hammington answered the door and said with a warm smile, “Hello there, Jake! What a surprise!”

“Morning, Mrs. Hammington,” said Jake, smiling at her in return, “I’ve actually come to check on Miriam. If she still is sleeping at this hour.”

Mrs. Hammington stepped aside to let him in.

“Oh, no, Miriam accepted guests while sleeping in at this hour. Trust me, it was the same thing with her family back in Genovia. Please! Do come in!”

She led him in the house and towards Miriam’s big- sized bedroom.

“I’ll leave you to it, then.” she whispered, trying not to wake her daughter up.

She left him alone to chat with Miriam. Jake quietly entered her room and found Miriam herself, sleeping in her warm bed peacefully. Miriam knew he was at present and she turned away, trying to avoid communicating with him. He placed the gift next to the little table. He then sat down beside her and caressed her head.

“I just came to tell you that I’m sorry,” he said in a whisper, “In my honesty, I don’t know why I said what I said on Thursday. I guess I was so caught up with Yeji, that I had forgotten I had a band and a girl that I really liked. I didn’t mean to hurt you so much. So…instead of breaking free and reciprocating your feelings…I said that I thought the exact opposite of you. But just so you know, I truly think that you are one of the coolest girls in school and in my world. I know you are hating on me, but I wanted you to know. I really accept your feelings.”

Please log in to read the full chapter