fin

A Bedtime Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung finds that she can't get to sleep. She has been talking to Yerim for nearly one and a half hours starting with the time when they got into bed together, and she can tell that her lover starts to feel sleepy because now, Yerim speaks a bit slower than she did earlier, and her eyes are half-shut at times. It's understandable because it's gone midnight.

They are in their pajamas — Sooyoung's are in dark green while Yeri's are in black — and Sooyoung is lying on the inner side of the bed. They always have small talks before they sleep. Normally, they get sleepy almost at the same time, but obviously, tonight is an exception, and Sooyoung can't figure out why. She doesn't have anything that she really worries about, which usually stops her from sleeping at night. Moonlight is penetrating the curtains, but it doesn't affect her. She just can't sleep. It's true that she suffered from insomnia a lot in the past, but after living with Yerim, she rarely experiences it.

She notices that Yerim suddenly gets quiet. Her lover also closes her eyes for a moment and suddenly opens them and realizes that she almost fell asleep right now.

"Sorry," Yerim can't help but yawns, "What were we talking about earlier?"

Instead of saying anything, Sooyoung reaches out her hand and wipes Yerim's tears caused by her sleepiness with the back of her index finger bit by bit. While she's doing this, Yerim is quite because the younger woman feels the other wave of tiredness hits her, and she doesn't have much strength to talk. 

"Yerim-ah, it's okay." Sooyoung then brushes Yerim's cheek with a thumb, "You're sleepy. It's okay if you want to go to sleep, and we can talk about those things tomorrow."

"But you still can't sleep." Yerim murmurs, forcing herself to open her eyes, "I don't want you to stare at the ceiling for the whole night."

Sooyoung smiles. She pecks Yerim on the cheek, which makes the other woman flush, "It's okay. You already did a lot for me."

But Yerim doesn't listen to her. She's looking somewhere while trying to come up with a solution, so Sooyoung pokes her lover's cheeks with her finger to kill time. When Sooyoung moves her index finger to the right corner of Yerim's mouth, the latter finally speaks. 

"Do you want some milk?" Yerim grabs Sooyoung's wrist to stop her while looking into her eyes, "They say drinking some warm milk makes you sleepy. Maybe it works."

She knew this since she was a kid, but she never tried it before. She rarely suffers from insomnia, so she doesn't need it. After living with Sooyoung, just talking to Sooyoung before they sleep can sooth her lover, so she never thought about trying any other method (and of course, she loves and enjoys talking to Sooyoung with her whole heart. That's why she did it in the first place).

"Okay." Sooyoung's smile boardens, putting her and Yerim's arms on the quilt, "That sounds good."

"Wait for me for a while." Planting a kiss on Sooyoung's forehead, Yerim sits up, "I'll go back here as soon as I finish heating the milk."

She then jumps out of the bed. When Yerim is wearing her slippers, a hand grabs the tail of her pajama shirt, and Yerim turns her head to look at her lover.

"Yerim-ah, I want to go with you." The elder woman blinks fast on purpose, "It's cold here."

Sooyoung gets sick easily. Spring is coming, but it's still cold at night. Yerim wants Sooyoung to stay in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter