Chapter 1

The Idol and the Chaebol
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

The cold morning air blew across the tarmac of Gimpo airport, greeting the men and women working with a cold, chilly reception to start the day.

Despite the early hour, the ground crew worked feverishly to prepare passenger aircraft for flight, both commercial and private.

Commercial passenger jet airliners hogged most of the glory, being the poster children of travel, but amongst them sat the unsung heroes that made life in the modern world possible, cargo freight aircraft.

Without them, the world would practically ceased to function.

Small, regional aircraft transporting people from one part of the country to the other or to nearby nations too sat dwarfed by their more famous cousins.

But yet there were more aircraft hidden away from most prying eyes, gems that rarely caught the attention of even flight enthusiasts.

Enter the world of private chartered flights.

Associated with the rich and famous, private chartered flights were actually used by companies needing to bring both large and small numbers of staff to a location, a fact not many people knew about.

While of course it would cost them, private chartered flights had niche advantages that a company might need, like keeping the movement of filming staff for a singer's new MV a secret.

That was who Maddox Choi's clients were this day and he shifted nervously as he stood on the tarmac, a cold shiver running through him.

It wasn't the morning chill that had gotten to him, for he was used to it. It was the artist who would be boarding his flight.

Red Velvet's Wendy.

His ultimate bias from his favourite group.

Maddox was concerned that he would fumble today and appear unprofessional in front of her and he hoped that things would go smoothly. Already the artiste's staff were walking over towards him and his co-pilot.

"Relax Maddox," said his fellow pilot, Taesong beside him.

Maddox turned to look at his friend as he merely smirked, knowing his little secret.

They had been friends since university and had ended up together in the same airline company.

Maddox had filled in for the co-pilot slot as he was headed to Jeju anyway and by coincidence, he would be flying his favourite artiste from his favourite idol group to the exact same location.

His eyes scanned for Wendy, knowing full well tha

Please log in to read the full chapter