The Unspoken Longing (Yong's Side)

Songs of Solace and Sorrow
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Solar zipped up her jacket, she couldn't contain her excitement for Wheein's concert. She had been waiting for this moment ever since Wheein announced her world tour plans in their group kakao chat.

Despite missing the first date due to her commitment to playing Esmeralda in her new musical, Solar was determined not to miss this one for anything in the world.

The anticipation had been building within her, fueled by Wheein's enthusiasm and the knowledge that Hwasa was making every effort to attend despite her return from her Italian schedule. 

Solar has been intentionally avoiding every social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok to ensure she wouldn't stumble upon any spoilers. She wanted to experience the concert with fresh eyes and ears, soaking in every moment of Whee's performance.

With a skip in her step and a smile on her face, the leader eagerly headed out to the door, her heart b with excitement for the evening ahead. Nothing could dampen her spirits as she looked forward to supporting her Wheeinie, in what promised to be an unforgettable concert experience.

But as Solar was about to step out of the door, her phone rang. Seeing it was a call from her manager, she hesitated for a moment before answering.

The voice on the other end explained the situation - one of the producers judging the weekly trainee competition was missing, and they were desperately in need of a replacement.

RBW needed her, and as much as she wanted to prioritize Wheein's concert, she couldn't ignore her responsibilities. The weight of guilt settled heavily on her shoulders as Yong realized she was going to miss another important event of Wheein.

Torn between her duty and her desire to support Wheein, Solar struggled to make a decision.

She knew how much Wheein had poured her heart and soul into her concert preparations, and the thought of not being there for her weighed heavily on Solar's conscience.

She couldn't shake the image of Wheein on stage, dancing and singing, while she was stuck fulfilling her obligations elsewhere. The vibrant energy of the concert, the cheers of the crowd, and the electric atmosphere all seemed to taunt Solar, reminding her of what she was going to miss out.

Every fiber of her being longed to be there for Wheein, to cheer her on from the audience, to share in the excitement and joy of her success. But the harsh reality of duty and responsibility tugged at her conscience, pulling her in the opposite direction.

Memories of missed events flooded her mind - the promotions she couldn't attend, the moments she had to sacrifice for Mamamoo's career and her own career.

But duty called, and she knew she couldn't let her RBW Team down. With a heavy sigh, she made the difficult choice to prioritize the trainee competition, even though it meant missing another milestone in Wheein's career.

Quickly, she rearranged her plans, letting go of the excitement she had built up for the concert. It was disappointing, but Solar was a professional, and she understood the importance of fulfilling her commitments.

She was going to miss Wheein's concert, but she knew there would be other opportunities to show her support. 

However, she found comfort in knowing that Wheein, her sweet dongsaeng, would understand. Their bond was strong, built on mutual understanding and support. Wheein was Solar's "Comanie," always able to comprehend her thoughts and feelings even without words. Their relationship transcended words. 

And though it offered some solace, it did little to ease the ache in the leader's heart as she reluctantly accepted her fate, knowing that she would carry the torment of missing Wheein's concert with her for a long time to come.

With a long sigh, Solar made peace with her decision but for now, she had a job to do, and she was determined to do it well. 

Adjusting her jacket with a determined resolve, she headed out the door, ready to fulfill her duties while carrying Wheein in her mind. 

Yongsun hastily hailed the first taxi she could find. She didn't want to burden her manager on his day off, and the company wasn't too far from her house, so she decided to take matters into her own hands.

In her rush, Solar completely forgot to send a message to Wheein or Hwasa, informing them of h

Please log in to read the full chapter