Three

Roommates.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaewon stared at Hyejoo expectantly, waiting for her to try it before even touching her own plate. Hyejoo twirled her fork in the pasta then took a bite, nodding her head in satisfaction. Chaewon's eyes lit up and she couldn't fight the large grin. It was kind of salty but seeing Chaewon's reaction, Hyejoo didn't want to ruin it so she didn't say anything about that. "Wow. You're pretty good in the kitchen, Chae." Chaewon's smile grew and she shrugged like it was no big deal even though she'd never felt so accomplished.

Of course while they ate, Chaewon yelled at the tv and Hyejoo just put up with it. Once they were finished eating, Hyejoo offered to do the dishes but Chaewon said she didn't mind helping. So Hyejoo washed the dishes and Chaewon wiped them dry with a towel. "You know, we make such a great team." Hyejoo admitted which made the blonde grin and shrug. "Yeah, a little bit. Mostly me though." The younger let out a scoffing laugh and nodded her head. "Yeah, alright. Whatever you say, blondie. I'm heading to sleep now. Goodnight."

Hyejoo turned to head to her room but Chaewon called her name which made her stop in her tracks. "You're off on Thursday, right?" "Mhm." "I was wondering if you'd want to go to the skating rink with me." Silence engulfed the room for a few moments before Hyejoo hummed in agreement. "Of course. Goodnight, Chae." "Thank you! Goodnight, Hyejoo!" Chaewon exclaimed. Hyejoo chuckled quietly and shook her head, going into her room and closing the door behind her. 

Chaewon turned the tv off and headed to her room as well, smiling as hard as ever until she fell asleep.

Thursday morning.

Chaewon got up at around nine in the morning and was feeling ecstatic despite the fact that she had to work because she knew her and Hyejoo were going skating that afternoon. She sang to herself as she got ready and even danced a little in the mirror, laughing softly at herself. After she finished getting ready, she went to Hyejoo's room and knocked softly. She didn't get a reply so she slowly opened the door ever so slightly to see Hyejoo still fast asleep.

She smiled and quietly closed the door back before grabbing her keys and heading out to go to work. Chaewon's demeanor was more bubbly than usual and everyone in the office could tell. "What's got you all smiley, Chaewon? Looks like you won the lottery or something." One of her only friends in the office, Wendy, asked upon seeing the large grin on her face. "If that was the case, I'd never step foot in this place again. Just me and Hyejoo are going skating when I get off is all." Wendy smirked at the mention of Hyejoo's name because Chaewon talked about her so often.

Please log in to read the full chapter