A second chance

Love Came Around Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jaejoong turned away from the rain stained car window before looking at the file. Or more specifically at the picture in the file.

She looked just the same. His Dee. Long brown hair. Brown eyes. The same eyes that looked at him with love years ago. The same eyes that looked at him with hatred, with tears of pain the last time he saw them nine years ago.

His Sandara. She looked just the same. But even more beautiful if that was possible. Maybe because of the smile on her face in the picture. He used to be one of the reason for that smile on her face. Used to be. Not anymore. Because of his stupidity. Because he was a coward. But he had no other choice.

________________________________________

A very familiar pair of brown eyes sparkling with unshed tears, looked at him with hatred.

"So that's it? You've decided to throw what we had for 7 years under the bus?" The words were said evenly but he could still detect the slight quiver in them.

Jaejoong looked at the tree behind her. He couldn't meet her eyes.

"What is the reason? Why have you suddenly made this decision? Am I not enough for you anymore?" Sandara said with a little less fight in her voice but still looked straight at his eyes that avoided hers.

Jaejoong heart gave a painful thud at the last question. But he only gave a vague answer to the first one. "I don't think that's necessary for you to know."

"Oh!" Sandara let out a short sarcastic laugh at that. "I'm not even deserving enough to know the reason about why you are breaking up with me. All of a sudden. Okay."

Jaejoong looked at her fleetingly when he saw Sandara look down from the corner of his eyes.

A lone tear escaped her which was wiped away swiftly by her delicate wrist.

Sandara looked back up and Jaejoong looked away. "Guess that's what I was to you. Just a fun during student life. Guess Zico was right about you. You were just playing with me."

Jaejoong's heart gave another thud when Sandara's ex's name reached his ear. "No."

Sandara looked at him expectantly. But he didn't speak up.

A soft sigh reached Jaejoong's ear and then footsteps.

The next time he looked, Sandara was gone.

That was the last time Jaejoong saw her.

Sandara did not come to the graduation ceremony on the next day.

A dreadful feeling settled in his chest.

Jaejoong knew Sandara looked forward to this day. He remembers the golden dress she showed him. She planned to wear that to their graduation ceremony. She had it ready for about two months before the actual day.

Jaejoong remembers the excitement on her sweet face.

But Sandara is not here on the main day. On her main day.
Because I ruined it for her.

________________________________________


Jaejoong blinked the tears away. "Why did I have to do that? Why didn't I just trust you more? We could have worked out a long distance relationship. It was no big deal. Why did I make it one." He whispered to himself before focusing back on her smiling face in the picture.

Sandara stood on the right of her dad and her mom stood on his left. Her arm was linked with her dad with a happy smile on her face.

"It's fate that's bringing us together again, Dara..." Jaejoong muttered to himself, "I'll bring you back to my arms again and this time I will not let you go."

________________________________________


Jaejoong was greeted by a worried Kim Sook as soon he entered the hospital.

"Dr. Kim! Your assigned patient's father, Mr. Park Teddy is trying to set up a temporary office in his daughter's ward!"

Jaejoong just looked at her with a blank expression but spoke up when the distressed nurse lightly slapped his left arm. "Don't worry nurse Sook, I'll talk to him."

The first thing he saw was a desk table being lifted in to the room. Nurse Sook sighed beside him and said, "the person standing beside the bed is Park Teddy and the one reclining on the bed is his daughter Sandara. Please talk some sense into the man, Mr. Kim." Another very familiar voice reached his ears soon after nurse Sook finished.

"Is this really necessary, Dad?"

Jaejoong's heart picked up pace as he slowly turned towards the door and spotted her through the open door. She looked just the same in person. A cough from his right forced him into motion.

A pair glaring eyes and a pair of surprised eyes looked towards Jaejoong as soon as he entered the room. The person who was the owner of the glaring eyes spoke up first, "you must be Dr. Kim Jaejoong. Let me tell you boy, a temporary office will be set in here whether you like it or not. I'm not leaving my daughter in a hospital for a whole week."

Jaejoong took a deep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter