Silly Minjeong...

Karina's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong is so silly. She looks at me like I'm gonna disappear any moment. 

 

I just laugh at the absurdity. We’re pretty much inseparable! This day wasn’t an exception, I was trying to tell her how to solve this one Physics problem she can’t figure out, but there she goes… 

 

“Jeong-ah,” I called. Still with that mesmerizing gaze, she chuckled. 

 

“Sorry, what were you saying again?” I rolled my eyes in an attempt to get rid of this growing feeling in my chest. I can feel my cheeks heating up. Hmp, Minjeong is so silly! Does she not consider the effect her stare has on me?

 

 

 

Minjeong is so silly. She looks at me before deciding about something.

 

I just laugh at her absurdity. It’s not like it’s only my feelings that matter here! Today, she does it again.

 

“I was absent yesterday and can’t join my friends, so, can I join your group, Minjeong?” Minju, Minjeong’s elementary crush, suddenly approached us while the teacher was outside. I know I shouldn’t but… I don’t want her in our group. 

 

But hey! It’s not because she’s Minjeong’s former crush… or at least it’s not just that.

 

Minjeong still hasn’t responded so Minju turned to look at me. “Karina?” Before I could say anything, Minjeong unconsciously put her arm on my arm rest, causing our arms to touch a little. “Sorry, our group’s already full, Ju.” 

 

I think they talked some more after that. I wouldn’t know though… I was busy thinking about her arm brushing against mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minjeong is so silly. She looks at me as if hearts would come rushing out of her eyes.

 

“I love you, Karina,” she nonchalantly said one Sunday night. We were playing a mobile game as we played Disney songs on my TV. My head is on her shoulder, thank God, so she couldn’t see how flustered I was. After calming myself down, I looked at her and smiled, “I love you more, Jeong-ah.”

 

My heart was beating so loudly I was afraid she’d hear it even with the music still playing in the background. And as if it wasn’t enough, she pulled me closer by my waist and kissed my cheek. Ha! The things she does to win the games! I pulled away, “that won’t distract me, Jeong-ah,” I said, even when my fingers were slightly trembling after what she just did to me. I ended up winning though so I guess that was worth it, at least.

 

Minjeong is so silly. She always acts like this as if I won’t purposely lose to her if she asks me to!

 

 

 

 

Minjeong is so silly. She doesn’t like sharing her umbrella with me. She thinks she’s a good liar, but I know her really well.

 

“Jeong-ah, I forgot to bring my umbrella. Do you have one with you?” It was raining so hard that day but I knew exactly how she’ll react to my question. She looked at me, hesitant, then she shook her head. “I don’t have one.”

 

I fought the urge to laugh. She must’ve forgotten that she asked me to get her notes from her bag earlier that day. I clearly saw an umbrella hidden under all her stuff.

 

Still, I let her be. I enjoy running under the rain with her anyway.

 

“Rina-yah, hurry!” she called out to me with a smile so wide it almost took my breath away. Her hair was starting to get wet and she was playfully running away from me.

 

I think that was when it started. At first, I thought it was a joke. That rainy day, she was grinning so wide and I couldn’t help but laugh with her too. Then, she went back to me and held my hand to pull me with her. Then, like my hand, she took my breath away.

 

My world came crashing down since that day and it has never been the same.

 

 

 

 

“Rina-yah,” Minjeong softly called for me from outside my bathroom door. I locked myself inside as I stared at the mess I made.

 

“I’m alright, Jeong-ah. Just give me a few minutes,” I said, with tears in my eyes as I tried to clean up the flowers I just coughed up. It’s getting harder and harder to keep my condition from her. Especially when it surfaces whenever I’m with her.

 

“Okay, I’ll play the movie if you don’t come out in five minutes, okay?”

 

Minjeong is silly. I know she neither left nor meant the words she just said. She must think I couldn’t see her shadow from under the door. Still, I let her be and just leaned against the door too. 

 

Minjeong-ah, what am I gonna do now when loving you hurts this much? The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter