Mj loves K's Eyes

Karina's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love looking at Karina’s eyes.

 

I mean, have you seen them? If your answer is no, what a shame because you’re missing out on a lot.

 

I, myself, tend to get lost in them a lot. Looking her in the eyes.. Ah, what a sight. It’s as if I was a sailor being enchanted by a siren’s voice. And indeed, I am.

 

“Jeong-ah,” she called out to me. I chuckled, I must have stared at her too long once more.

 

“Sorry, what were you saying again?” She playfully rolled her eyes, pretending she was annoyed even when her cheeks flushed with the way I stared at her too long.



 

I love looking at Karina’s eyes.

 

The way they twinkle when she talks about something she genuinely likes. It feels like it can tell you just how much she likes it if you stare at it long enough.

 

I often look her in the eyes to gauge her emotions when something unusual happens. Just like right now…

 

“-so, can I join your group, Minjeong?” I looked at Karina and saw the hesitation in her eyes. I get it, Minju is just too burdensome to be part of our group. Knowing Karina, she would probably carry all the workload herself, not that I’d let her, but still… I’m sure she wouldn’t even ask for Minju’s help.

 

“Karina?” Minju asked her instead when I didn’t answer. I looked around before looking at Minju again, “sorry, our group’s already full, Ju.”



 

I love looking at Karina’s eyes.

 

It speaks of love without needing words to convey them. She didn’t have to say it, I can see it in her eyes ever so clearly.

 

“I love you, Karina,” I told her one Sunday night. We were just playing a mobile game as we played Disney songs on her TV. 

 

She looked at me and smiled, “I love you more, Jeong-ah.” I pulled her towards me and kissed  her cheek. “That won’t distract me, Jeong-ah,” she then looked back to her phone and finished me off with one critical move. It made her giggle and I didn’t care that I lost.

 

Being with Karina was enough to make me feel like a winner. 



 

I love looking at Karina’s eyes.

 

I love them, but I also hate it when they’re covered with tears. How can anyone dare hurt her? Karina loves them all so much, so how can they do something like this? 

 

Karina looked up to me, her eyes b with tears, “what am I going to do now, Jeong-ah? She left me.” I immediately wrapped her in my embrace. Oh, Karina… if you would only look my way, you wouldn’t have to feel this way.



 

I love looking at Karina’s eyes.

 

I loved it so much I’d walk through hell if it meant I could see it again.

 

It’s been months since she last opened her eyes. Karina, everyone says I should stop coming here. They said your condition won’t get any better, but I don’t believe them. Because you’re Karina, the girl who hates losing on anything. You wouldn’t let your disease take over, right? Don’t. I still have a lot to say. I still haven’t said that I love you, not in the way you think, but more.

 

“Minjeong-ah, why don’t you freshen up a bit? I’ll stay here with her so don’t hesitate to sneak an hour nap or two. Karina and I have a lot to catch up to, anyways, right, Karina?” Giselle said one day when she visited Karina in the hospital. 

 

Giselle’s eyes can speak too, and I can clearly see her pity. I get it. I know how much of a mess I look right now. I spent all my hours staying by Karina’s side, afraid that she would wake up without me. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want her to think that I, too, gave up on her like everyone else.

 

“Ning-ie, can you go with her, please?”

 

Yizhuo nodded and grabbed me by my wrist. “Let’s go, Minjeong. You know you can’t say no to her.” I pulled my wrist away from her and looked at Giselle. “Call me if something changes,” she nodded, even though I can see in her eyes that she doesn't think something ever will.

 

The ride back home was long. In fact, I didn’t even notice that we'd arrived. I headed to my room and fell asleep eventually. I imme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter