fin.

Ask
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaejin was currently studying in the university's cafe when her sister, Chaewon, joined her.

"Hey." Chaewon greeted her sister in a sweet tone while setting a bag of treats in front of her.

"Dear sister of mine."

However, Chaejin ignored the tone and responded, but didn't look at Chaewon or notice the bag of goodies in her hand.

"What's up?"

"Could you do me a favor?"

"Depends."

"Well..." Chaewon trailed off and Chaejin glanced up at her sister.

"Well what?"

"Could you join me and a few others for a group date tonight?"

Chaejin scoffed, focusing on her school materials again.

"No thanks."

"Oh, c'mon. Please?" Chaewon begged.

"No."

"But Lee Heeseung will be there." Chaewon reasoned as Chaejin shifted her eyes onto Chaewon, puzzled.

"Who?"

"Seriously?"

Chaewon gave her sister a look as Chaejin nodded in a nonchalant manner.

"Yeah."

"He's like in all of your classes."

"So?"

"How do you not know him?"

"Because I really don't care."

"Well, he seems to care about you." Chaewon remarked with an amused look.

However, Chaejin rolled her eyes, returning to her studying materials once again. She didn't really care at all about this Lee Heeseung guy despite actually knowing who he was as they never ran in the same circle and she wanted to keep it that way. Chaejin was already annoyed with how her classmates and friends swooned over the guy despite being paired up with him for projects and assignments. She wanted to keep their interactions to just school related. Chaejin didn't need the distraction.

"And that concerns me, how, Chaewon?" Chaejin inquired, scanning her study materials and hoping her sister would drop the subject.

"He keeps checking you out." Chaewon stated, but Chaejin remained indifferent.

"Yeah, it still doesn't concern me."

"You really don't know who he is?"

"I dunno. Maybe? Maybe not. Why?"

Chaejin gave up on studying and focused her attention on her younger sister.

"Does it matter?"

However, she didn't really wait for a response upon noticing the items in front of her.

"Ooh, is this for me?"

Her face brightened upon the snacks as Chaejin tried to grab the bag, but Chaewon pulled the goodies away from out of her sister's reach.

"Hold on." Chaewon responded, chuckling.

"Not so fast."

Chaejin made a face.

"Ugh, what now?"

"Do me the favor."

"No."

Chaewon sighed as she pulled out a small package of pastry bread. This piqued Chaejin's interest and Chaewon knew she got her sister's attention a bit.

"Okay, then. I'll give you this one if you just at least hear me out."

"Ugh, fine." Chaejin agreed, holding out her hand.

"What is it?"

Chaewon placed the package into sister's hand as Chaejin happily opened the treat and began eating while her little sister spoke.

"So, I'm sure you know that Lee Heeseung is like one of the heartthrobs of Hybe University, right?"

"I do. Go on."

"He's the star player of our basketball team."

"Mmhmm."

Chaewon eyed her sister as Chaejin finished the bread and looked at her sister boredly.

"I'm sorry, but you make it sound like any of that should be important to me about this guy."

"Well, it kinda should."

"Why?"

Chaewon sighed.

"You're so infuriating."

"I know."

Chaejin smiled, holding out her hand again for another treat.

"But I'll continue listening to whatever it is you want to talk to me about for another one."

"Fine."

Chaewon pulled out another baked good package and gave it to Chaejin who happily took it.

"So, as you were saying, dear little sister of mine."

Chaewon rolled her eyes, but continued speaking.

"Anyway, Lee Heeseung has been checking you out and has been keeping his eyes on you all semester, too."

"Jung Chaewon. There's way more important things to think about besides boys."

Chaejin gave her sister a firm look as Chaewon clicked her tongue.

"That's what you always say, but have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"Yes, but that didn't work out and why I'm not really looking either ever since my breakup with that jerk."

"But you shouldn't let that affect your pursuit with Lee Heeseung though."

"Why would I even pursue him when I never really thought of him as a romantic interest, but as a classmate."

"So, you do know who he is."

Chaewon gave her a look as Chaejin shrugged, smiling after finishing her second treat. Still, Chaejin gave her sister a look.

"Besides, what makes you think this is possible?" She questioned, aloof about the whole thing.

"Why would a heartthrob like this Lee Heeseung guy even be checking out someone like me who has never really interacted with him outside of school and class?"

Chaewon eyed her sister suspiciously.

"How do I know that y'all have never interacted outside of classes and school in general, hmm?"

"Beats me."

Chaejin shot her sister with an amused smile.

"But I really don't think it matters though."

"Yes it does and it would be great to find out if you would come to the group date with me."

Chaejin gave her sister a knowing look.

"There's someone that he's friends with that you like, huh, Jung Chaewon?" She cooed in a playful tone.

"And he's gonna be at the group date, too, right?"

"Maybe." Chaewon answered with a giggle following afterwards before giving her sister another pleading look.

"So, could you please just come along and you can leave after being there for like an hour."

"Why do you want me to come so badly?"

"Because there's not enough of us to match because a few girls dropped out."

"So, what does that have to do with me?"

"Just be a nice sister and agree."

"Yeah, I'll think about it."

Chaejin began packing her belongings as Chaewon eyed her.

"No, you're not. You're already gonna reject me."

Chaejin chuckled, but continued packing her things.

"How'd you know?"

"Because we're alike than you think. Anyway, please, just this one favor?"

"Give me the bag then."

"Not until you help me out."

"Why is it so important for you?" Chaejin inquired with a sigh.

"Why is this group date so important that you need a favor from your anti-social homebody-of-a-sister?"

"Because Lee Heeseung will be there." Chaewon responded once again as Chaejin gave her sister a suspicious look.

"Do you know something that I don't or what? What's so important about Lee Heeseung anyway?"

Chaewon sighed, exasperated.

"I already told you. He's one of the campus' heartthrobs and he keeps checking you out."

"How do you know if he's not checking you out, Chaewon?" Chaejin reasoned with a wry smile.

"It might be you that he's interested in."

Chaewon scoffed with a shake of her head.

"No way. He has always asked me about you since late last year."

Chaejin narrowed her eyes at her sister as Chaewon nervously chuckled while changing topics.

"Anyway, I think you should ask him out instead and come as an official couple to the group date tonight."

Chaejin just eyed her sister with a

Please log in to read the full chapter