Chapter 2: Wow. Just Wow.

Glitch
Please log in to read the full chapter

I heaved the groceries up onto Quackity's desk, he looked up at me and nodded

 

“thank you,” He sighed and shooed them away. 

 

“put them up,” He was writing something down on a piece of paper. I groaned, even though I knew I was going to comply no matter how bizarre his demands were.

 

“I'm not putting your ING groceries up!” I rubbed my forehead.

 

“I already dragged them all the way here. I'm tired, let me go home,” I run my hand through my hair. he looked up at me and cocked his head. his only visible eye screamed ‘Don’t test me, Soot ’ 

 

“with that tone, it almost sounds like you want to go back to living on the streets,” Quackity said. now he was just trying to get on my nerves. I groaned and pounded my fist on the table. He jumps and his visible eye shot back up to my face.

 

“Soot,” he said sternly once he collected his bearings. me pounding my fist on the table scared him a whole lot more than it should've. he sounded like he was scolding me, which I didn't like. I didn't like that he was more powerful and successful than me and yet he was almost 10 years younger than me.

 

“if you want to get anywhere in life you need to learn to control your temper.” his right eye was cold and disapproving. Oh, what I would give to see what was hiding under that mask. 

 

“if you want to be a good person you wouldn't bring up my past homelessness.”

Please log in to read the full chapter