3-1 Just Like That

Professor Kang is Getting Married and I Want to Know with Whom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

"KANG SEULGI."

Joohyun called the girl beside her with an unreadable smile on her face. Seulgi, who was holding her hand, turned to her with a tight-lipped, happy smile. "Yes, Hyunie? Do you feel better now?"

Seulgi was talking about Joohyun's fear of heights. The two were already on their way to Jeju-do and Seulgi had to hold Joohyun's hand to calm her down. It's a normal thing for both of them.

"Eung, I feel better now." Joohyun answered, still smiling. "It's okay to let go of my hand now."

"How about no?" Seulgi also answered with that unfaltering smile. "I can't let you go."

"And why not?" The other girl tried to free her right hand but Seulgi just won't let her go especially knowing that the right is her dominant hand. "Let go of me. Right now."

"Hyunie~" Seulgi sweetly called as if trying to calm Joohyun down. This time it's not about her fear of heights. "There's no need for violence~"

"Violence?" Joohyun was still smiling but you could see an angry vein on her forehead. "I am not going to resort to violence. Who told you that?"

"Hyunie~ I can feel anger in your aura, baby~"

"Don't call me 'baby'!" Joohyun managed to free herself in one swift swaying of her arm. The same hand held Seulgi's face by squeezing her cheeks. "Who told you that you can call me like that, huh?"

"H-Hyun..."

"Now, Kang Seulgi..." Joohyun's eyes widened in a very scary way as she looked down at the other professor. "Why didn't you tell me that we're not going to be alone!?"

After that question, the camera zoomed out and revealed all the participants to that Jeju-do trip. Just a few rows before Joohyun and Seulgi, Minjoo and Yujin were seated together but weren't even talking with each other. On the row opposite to them, Seungwan together with Minjeong and Jimin can be seen. Also, seated on the opposite aisle as Seulgi, Kim Yerim can be seen devouring the pudding that she just ordered. She was having fun watching Joohyun erupt in disappointment. 

The trip to Jeju-do was actually decided after the basketball match, during the time Seulgi and Yujin went to drink with Yerim. Yujin was in shock with how hardcore the two are when it comes to drinking. She remembered passing out in the middle of drinking but when she woke up, the two were still on it as if the restaurant owner himself had given up on them. 

They were driven away and Yujin was dragged by Seulgi to her place. Yerim also came with them, sticking to Seulgi like a koala. The drinking session continued and Yujin knew her internal organs were already melting so she had to fake passing out. The professor could only shake her head in disappointment and let Yujin sleep in her coach, making sure that she was sleeping to her side in case she throws up in her sleep. 

Yujin didn't regret faking her sleep because she heard very important information that would further her investigation about Seulgi's bride. The new woman with them is a candidate anyway. 

"Let's go to Jeju this weekend so you can have a change of scenery." Yujin heard Yerim say in between chuckles. "Let's go with that best friend of yours."

It was indeed a surprise. Yujin couldn't believe that Yerim actually suggested to take Joohyun with them. 'Don't she see Prof. Bae as a rival? Just the way she acts before Prof. Kang proves that she still has feelings for her.'

"RIght." She heard Seulgi answer. "I should really take Hyunie somewhere. I failed to stop that date."

Yerim just chuckled. “You should’ve just challenged that coach into a drinking match. You will surely win.”

“Nah, he’s a sports guy. Too much alcohol would be bad for him.”

“How considerate~ Just say that you want to look cool to that woman that’s why you challenged him in basketball.”

Yujin then heard movements and she felt another person leaned by the couch. "Aren't you so disappointed seeing your best friend go on a date? Are you sure there’s really nothing between the two of you?”

The professor just scoffed. “There’s a lot of things in between us.”

Yerim just smiled with that answer and then hugged Seulgi’s arm again. She placed her head by the taller girl’s shoulder and leaned comfortably to her. “Is she the reason why you broke up with me?”

“Come on…” Seulgi sighed. “You are the one who broke up with me.”

Yerim gave out a chuckle. “Right~ I was the one who called it quits. I forgot.”

“You’re still young, Yerimie. How can you forget about it?”

Yerim poured Seulgi more wine. “I am not that young anymore, you know? But do I still own the title of being your youngest girlfriend?”

“Yeah.” Seulgi made a toast with the other girl. “And you’re still the wildest.”

“I got two titles?” Yerim cheekily laughed before draining her wine glass in one go. She then leaned back to Seulgi. “Unnie…”

“Hm?” 

“What if I tell you that I regret breaking up with you?”

There was silence. Yujin felt so curious to the point that she felt itchy. She was cheering internally for Professor Kang to give an answer but the silence was long and awkward. She then slowly opened her eyes to take a small peek but she was shocked when Yerim suddenly gave Seulgi a kiss on the lips. 

Seulgi quickly pushed her away but Yerim was still trying. “Come on… If you continue acting like this then I don’t have any choice but to put you in the list of people banned from drinking with me.”

“But Unnie, I want to kiss you~” Yerim tried to reach Seulgi but the professor’s long arm kept her away.

“Don’t be like this, Yerimie. You’re the only one who can match up with my drinking capabilities.” Seulgi gave her one final push before crossing her arms so Yerim won’t be able to cling on her again. “Don’t make me regret that I agreed to drink with you.”

“But you loved my kisses.” Yerim whined with a pout. “You were crazy for my kisses.”

Seulgi just looked at Yerim with those doubting eyes. She just shook her head and sighed. “That’s what you’ve always thought, right? That I was only after the heat.”

“It’s because you—”

The doorbell suddenly rang giving Seulgi the chance to escape from the awkward atmosphere. Yujin quickly closed her eyes when Seulgi left her place and took a look at whoever was ringing her doorbell. 

“Hm? It’s Jimin and Minjoo?” 

Yujin’s ears twitched when she heard even Minjoo’s name. As far as she could remember, she only sent the SOS to Jimin. After everything that happened, Yujin couldn’t face Minjoo at all. It was the other girl’s turn to reach out to her but Yujin returned the same cold treatment that Minjoo gave to her before and during the match. She just couldn’t believe that she sided with that guy.

Minjoo was the last person she would like to see that time. Suddenly, she’s drunk again and couldn’t open her eyes.

Seulgi opened the main entrance for the two and soon after they came knocking at her door. 

“Professor.” Jimin greeted the moment the door opened. “Sorry for coming at this time. Yujin hasn’t—”

“Yujin’s inside~~” Seulgi cheerfully told them before pulling them inside. The two just found themselves in a hell called Professor Kang’s house. The professor didn’t let them go, saying that she won’t be able to drink with Yerim all alone. She didn’t push them to drink but only asked for their company. They couldn’t go home anyway since Yujin continued to pretend that she was sleeping despite how Jimin and Minjoo tried to wake her up.

Yerim asked them if they could go to Jeju with them and Seulgi was happy about the idea. She even told Minjoo that it would be a great opportunity to have a good talk with Yujin. With her hunch being proven, Jimin immediately agreed to go with them, telling herself that she would ensure that whatever conflict the two best friends have will be mended. 

Jimin was the one who invited Minjeong and Minjeong didn’t miss the chance to relay the news to her cousin who told her manager right away about the Jeju trip. Yujin was left with no chance but to go and so was Minjoo.

The rebellion of Seulgi continued as the drinking session went on. The three would take turns in accompanying the drinking buddies. In fact, when Seulgi sneaked down to Joohyun’s room, all of them were still in her flat. All of them were knocked down while Yerim finally reached her limit as well and went home, getting picked up by her driver. 

All of them ended up taking the same plane and Joohyun was so dumbfounded when she saw them entering the plane one by one. Seulgi avoided her questions until the plane took off, making sure that she wouldn't run away.

And now that the take off turbulence has subsided, it’s time for Joohyun’s violence pursuit of an answer. She continued squeezing Seulgi’s cheeks with her shaking hand. “Why didn’t you tell me that it will be a group trip!?”

“I-Ish becosh you won’t be coming iv I told you—”

“So you had to make it look like it would only be the two of us!?”

Joohyun felt like crying. She was really looking forward to that trip especially because of what Seulgi said about kisses while she was drunk. She was surprised that Seulgi rented a villa, her heart raced thinking that Seulgi was really preparing all of this for her but all of her expectations crumbled after finding out that a huge place was rented because they have more company.

‘Who would like to join this trip, you idiot!? Your exes are here! What did you invite me for? Babysit these kids!?’ 

Joohyun pushed Seulgi away and looked the other way with her arms crossed. “You’ll be the death of me, Seulgi!”

“Hyunie…” Seulgi called with teary eyes, massaging her abused cheeks. “I’m sorry, okay? I also want you to have a change of scenery. I want to make up about that date–”

“Shut up. Don’t talk to me.” Joohyun put on her earphones and closed her eyes.

“Hyunie-ya…” Seulgi’s shoulders dropped. Without any music playing, Joohyun heard Yerim snickering at the other side. 

“I don’t think she wants to be with you, Seulgi-unnie~” Yerim said with a hint of mischief. “Why don’t you just sit here beside me? I am all alone here, you know?”

Joohyun’s frown deepened and Yerim was pleased with her reaction.

“Sorry, Yerimie. Changing seats in the plane is not allowed.” The professor scratched the back of her head. “Anyway, did you bring the cards you were talking about?”

“Yes! I brought them~ Let’s play with everyone later!” 

“Great!”

‘Stupid Kang Seulgi. How can you remain friends with your exes? Is this your specialty!?’ Joohyun bit her lower lip in frustration. ‘Does she not really care about how I would feel? Does she think I don’t get jealous? Does she think too shallow about my feelings for her!?’

Joohyun just tried to sleep her disappointment and irritation away. Little did she know that Seulgi actually lifted up the armrest in between them and had her sleep on her shoulder.

On the other hand, Seungwan was already planning on how she could have time with Seulgi. Now that there's another challenger in this love game, she knew she had to step her game up. 

“What are you e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter