Music in Me

Chaelisa One-Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Music in Me [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 

We've met in school, but never really knew each other. She didn't know my name was Lisa and I didn't know her name was Rosé. We just passed by each other and greeted each other. I knew she sang well and always carried her guitar. But nobody ever knew she could sing sad songs, she played her guitar and sang on our afternoon free period. I knew because I was in the opposite room, she strummed her guitar and sang sad songs. Stopping from time to time to maybe eat her lunch. I guess. I was always dancing in the opposite room. Creating Choreography for our class, since our class was known as Dance Champions and that is thanks to me. Whenever we had dance contests within the school me and my classmates joins the dance contests.

Today was like no other day, I was creating a choreography for the class as she sang another sad song. This time her voice sounded shaky and it seemed like she was crying. I heard her heave and then continued singing, until she no longer played or sang. I quickly got out of the opposite room and rushed inside her room for the fear of her killing herself. I found her face down on the armrest of a lefty chair. There she was with her black long hair covering her face.

"Excuse me... I-I hope you don't mind, I heard you sang really sad today, mind if joined you? I'm a great listener." I called out to her.

She lifts her head up and looks at me shyly.

"Hi, I'm Lisa. I dance at the opposite room on our free period." I introduced myself and held out my hand for a shake.

"Yeah, I know who you are." She replied hesitating to shake my hand for a few seconds before taking my hand and shaking it.

"I'm Rosé." She said as she looks behind her and fixes herself.

"Hi Rosé. So, can I hear your problem?" I replied to her as I sat beside her.

"It's nothing." Rosé replied and looked elsewhere.

"Come on, Your secret is safe with me. No one will know. I promise." I said to her in reply.

She looks at me her eyes are a little swollen and shakes her head.

"It's nothing Lisa. Nothing you should worry about." She smiled sadly.

"I'm not worried about you, but I know how hard it is to keep things to yourself, so I'm just offering an ear to you." I replied to her.

I stayed silent waiting for her to respond but she didn't say a word. She looks at the window, eyes threatening to spill another round of tears.

"Just cry it out. Wait for me here. I'll be right back." I said to her and quickly vanished from her room.

I ran to the canteen and bought two ice cream cones. I rushed back to her room and saw her still facing the window.

"Here." I handed her one of the cones.

I sat next to her again as I started to my ice cream.

"Thanks. You know you didn't have to right?" Rosé said to me as she took her cone.

"I know, but I wanted to." I replied.

We both grew silent as we ate the ice cream cone. She was smiling already, it was visible from my peripheral view. She looked more beautiful when she's smiling, but of course, I can't tell her that.

"Thank you, Lisa." Rosé said again.

"No biggie, Rosé." I replied to her.

The afternoon free period was done, but Rosé and I decided to skip classes and stayed at the back of the school, were no student or teacher goes. We sat at one of the benches secluded from the rest of the school. We talked about our childhood, dreams and everything in between but avoided the reason behind what made her cry earlier. I respected Rosé's privacy, after all, I am a stranger to her.

She loves music and thinks she can't live a day with out singing and playing her guitar. She is smart and her humor was witty and savage. Her laughs sounded like her singing, gentle and like honey to the ears. We opened up about ourselves, until it was getting dark. We continued to talk as we walked towards a mall near our school. We agreed to have dinner before parting ways. It was Friday, so we weren't in a hurry to get home. If I have it my way, I'll invite her to go star gazing. But it was hard to see stars in Seoul. The place is surrounded by lights and have tall buildings.

I live near the school, I don't know where Rosé lives, because she's not an immediate friend. We only got acquainted with each other recently. After dinner we chose to walk some more leading us to an empty park, we sat at the park clearly not wanting to part ways yet. She looks to the horizon and lets out a sigh. 

"Thank you, Lisa. I had fun and has somewhat forgotten my worries." She said smiling.

"You're welcome, Rosé. Do you want me to walk you home? It's getting late already. Where do you live?" I asked her.

She pointed at a building behind me and I looked at it and was surprised to find out that she lived in the same building as I am.

"I live in that building." She replied.

"Cool, let's walk home, I live in that building too." I said smiling back at her.

"Why didn't I know you lived there too?" Rosé wondered.

"I used to live in Dobong-Gu and I recently transferred in that building." I replied.

"And a social butterfly like you haven't made friends yet in the building?" Rosé asked me.

I shook my head no and answered.

"I don't like befriending people, except when I want to." I said.

She looks at her watch and said.

"Let's go home now." She replied to me and stood up from the swing.

I followed her home, walking silently behind her. She never looked back to see if I was following her. She just up and went walking home. She stopped mid-way and turned to face me.

"Thank you for wanting to be my friend. For listening to all the things I said and for Ice cream and for dinner. I don't know how will I ever repay you." She said breathlessly, tears on her face were falling down incessantly with out a pause.

"I think it's unfair. I really think life is not fair." She followed up before I could tell her something.

I reached for her and enveloped her in a hug. I held her frail frame into that hug without knowing what's going on. Without any realization of what's happening. Without knowing it was the first and last goodbye.

"Shhhhh... Rosé. Stop crying please. Stay strong, whate

Please log in to read the full chapter