THE END

SECRET : Third Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica noticed that Yoong wasn’t himself that day. He was quiet and daydreamed quite a few times. They were then at a bridal shop, looking for their dresses and suits. Jessica signalled the bridal adviser to leave the room. Yoong was still staring into nothing when Jessica sat beside him. She kissed his cheek.

“Something happened?” Jessica kissed Yoong’s cheek again.

Yoong shook his head, smiling to Jessica and kissed her lips instead. They shared a deep kiss.

“You are not you today.” Jessica wiped off the lipstick stain on Yoong’s lips.

“I’m not?”

Jessica didn’t retaliate as she stared at her fiancé.

“I’m not, huh…” Yoong heaved a sigh.

“It’s my father and your sister.” Yoong said.

“What did they do now? She woke up?” Jessica was heated.

“No, she did not. That’s the issue…he’s going crazy over her, talking to her as if she’s awake…”

Jessica listened.

“The other day, he even read the newspaper to her. Article by article. Imagine that!” Yoong remembered.

“I know what can help.” Jessica leaned to Yoong’s ear and whispered something.

Yoong has long knew Jessica would suggested that. He glanced at the woman when she pulled away. He stared at Jessica and smiled at her while Jessica’s was in confusion as to why Yoong didn’t say anything but smiled at her.

“I love you Jessica. I really do. And everything I did was for you.” Yoong caressed Jessica’s cheek lovingly.

“But that’s not it. That’s beyond me. How could you even think of that?” 

Jessica was bewildered by Yoong’s words.

“I try and try to be at the same level as you but you just too much for me, Jess. I am spoiled brat too. I’m a bastard at that. But even I know when enough is enough. We should at least have a tiny spec of gratitude to the people who have helped us. It won’t affect us even a bit to be grateful.”

“What are you yapping for?!” Jessica yelled, feeling angry toward Yoong.

“I don’t think I can accept such attitude. You know what you said was wrong. Reflect on that.” Yoong stood and left the room to Jessica.

Jessica couldn’t believe Yoong just broke up with her because she suggested ending Sooyeon’s life. Sooyeon is in coma anyway. Shutting the life support machine is not that hard. In fact, it would help Sooyeon to go to the light easier! She cackled to herself before the adviser came back and waited on Jessica who hasn’t stopped laughing.

//

Yul awoken from his sleep when he heard the thunder. His neck hurt by sleeping on his study table. He sat up straight and looked at Sooyeon. In the dim room that only light up when the thunder roared, Yul stood slowly. He went to Sooyeon and watched she flinched just a bit every time the thunder came. Yul waited. He looked at the window, praying for another thunder. 

“Boom!” Yul was startled too but he kept his eyes on Sooyeon who opened her eyes in shock and fear.

“Sooyeon?” Yul called softly.

Sooyeon looked on her left. hurt.

“Mr. Kwon…?" Sooyeon's voice was weak, struggling to form words after her prolonged unconsciousness.

"Yes, it's me," Yul replied, his voice filled with overwhelming relief.

With a trembling hand, Yul reached out and gently grasped Sooyeon's, offering a comforting squeeze. He stayed by her side, crying silently while he made a call to the doctor.

//

Yul watched the doctor doing some test on Sooyeon. She was still weak even after 12 hours of waking up. Yul didn’t leave the room ever since. He let his mother hugged his side as they watched the doctor. Yoong came too. The skinny Sooyeon resembled Jessica so much. Yoong stood at the door, didn’t bother to enter the room.

As the doctor approached Yul and explained to him about Sooyeon’s status and whatnot, Yoong tried to listen but his head was occupied with Jessica. It had been 3 days that he has ignored her. He didn’t call or messaged her at all. He was really disappointed with her attitude. 

Yoong sometimes felt like he went overboard but when he thought of it again, Jessica was too much. To suggest such thing to Sooyeon who has sacrificed a piece of herself to Jessica, Yoong couldn’t fathom. What else could she suggest later if something wrong happened to them later? Yoong thought the surgery, all that happened would change Jessica but…

Yoong thanked the doctor and accompanied her to the door while Yul stayed with Sooyeon.

//

Yoong looked at his phone when it buzzed. He answered the call.

“Yo.” He said to Taecyeon on the other line.

“Yo, man. Jessica is here in the club.”

“Club where?” Yoong stood.

He was worried and angry. That woman must have started drinking again. It was only 5 in the evening. Jessica is crazy!

“The usual place! She’s chugging everything.”

“! Wait for me.” Yoong made a run to the elevator and hoped he wouldn’t be too late.

//

Jessica was drunk. She had drunk everything. Each liquor that she missed. She saw Taecyeon earlier and knew the man will call Yoong. She wanted Yoong to see her like that. How dare he breaks up with her when their wedding is around the corner. He intentionally wanted to humiliate her and her family. Jessica took a bottle and walked left and right to the exit. She exited the club and went to her car. Jessica stayed in her car, fiddling with with her keys.

“Jessica!” Yoong appeared, shouting at her.

Jessica locked the door immediately and Yoong banged on the window shouting at her.

“Open the damn door! You are not going to drive like that!” Yoong shouted.

Jessica looked at Yul.

“Watch me.” Jessica started her engine and drove away whilst Yoong tried to chase her.

Yoong ran back to his car and drove as fast as he could.

//

Yul stood behind Sooyeon while the woman sat on a wheelchair. as they spent the evening at the garden. Yul wanted Sooyeon to have some fresh air. 

“Nice weather, don’t you think?” Yul said and Sooyeon nodded.

Yul knelt beside Sooyeon and smiled at her as she too smiled at him.

“Let’s stay together happily. Can we?” Yul asked and Sooyeon nodded.

They shared a smile and Yul kissed Sooyeon hand.

“Vroom!” A sudden screeched of car tires surprised Yul and Sooyeon.

Yul used all of his might to drag Sooyeon’s wheelchair away from the sudden incoming black car towards them.

“Mr. Kwon!” Sooyeon screamed w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter