Prologue

Daylight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❝To be known of the unknown daylight in their chaos of darkness❞

_____

 

 

2015

 

 

Madrid, Spain. 

 

The footfalls of the rapid steps echoed in the silent tunnel; a tunnel named as a dungeon of a palace, the injured yet determined woman had ran in the mazy dark place as the fire torch on the walls had beamed a beacon of light for her eyes to be out of the darkness; the hell of the maze.

 

Her ears could listen to the roars of the men echoing; the men after her life.

 

And a relief had washed over the second her eyes had found the door; the next moment her heaved up figure had exited the dungeon, the door left opened behind but she had left the dark behind her as her figure jogged away, in hopes, in blood, in broken arms, and a scar of her cheekbone.

 

She had run past the open gate; the open gate of the enchanting palace.

 

A shriek left her lips the second her arm was grabbed in a hold, and a quick pull as her arm hurt, but her system panicked more as she tried to kick her strong move on the person only to find herself being against the nearby wall; in a firm press of a rough palm.

 

"It's me, Ms. Lee."

 

And a relief had washed over her at the familiar man standing in front of her; a panic in his eyes, and a relief in contrast but so was she and within a few minutes, they had left the place together and in hopes for getting back home and reveal the truth she had come to know during the days she had been trapped in that dark dungeon.

 

The truth that had been fed to the people in the facade of lies and trapping the wrong people in it while the real criminals were still out there.

 

Her bloody fingers had dialed a specific number; the only one who came to her mind while the car was being driven in a speed but another car was behind them; the heartbeat was in a speed of fear where within a few rings, the call was answered and the man spoke behind the phone.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Tae-ha."

 

"Lee Eunbi."

 

Before she could have said anything with a relief, a gunshot was shot in the tire and the car screeched to the other side in a jolt yet the man driving had kept going on like he had pledged to save themselves till their last breath.

 

"What's happening?! Where were you?!"

 

"I don't have time for this," She looked back to find the car approaching them as she continued; her eyes in tears that met the pair of panicking ones and knew one thing; it was the end and her chapped trembling lips could utter only this,

 

"You were right, Tae-ha, everyone is connected together. Byun Beom-Seok and Isabella Alvarado had not died in the accident and he was not the traitor but our closest one is the traitor."

 

Another gunshot to the other tire and their car turned another way.

 

"You have to do this alone now."

 

And the last thing seen was the car going down the cliff in a rush, and a blast, leaving the smoke in the aches and light into the darkness. 

 

 

___________________

 

2023

 

Seoul, South Korea.

 

8:13 pm

 

 

The jingling of the car keys stopped after they were claimed in a palm securely as if holding it gave a sense of safety to the figure, and soon the front door of an apartment opened, a building located in the secured area because that's what the person preferred.

 

The safety and the security.

 

And unfortunately, it never came to her from the only people she thought she'd get but got the much opposite of it.

 

Her heavy footsteps walked through the front door leaving the heavy sounds of the heels claiming her feet but it wasn't desirable, because her only desire was something else to be claimed by her feet yet it got taken away from her.

 

Placing the purse, and her phone along with the car keys on the side table of her bedroom which she entered into, she was quick to withdraw the heels out of her feet, and a sigh left her lips, a sigh of relief it was after the heaviness slipped through her feet, yet a hidden gratefulness was there but too neglected to be seen by her.

 

Reaching out, her hand had quickly slid the hairband off from her hair, letting her black long hair behind her lower back which rested beautifully in smooth curls, the only thing which has given her a peace, the only thing which she was grateful for not losing it.

 

Her peace. Her comfort. Her happiness.

 

One was lost, but another one was being taken care of, being treasured and there was something else, or someone who was lost in the chaos of her mind.

 

The someone who was lost in that chaos was yet to be found.

 

As she kept settled herself on the edge of her bed, her fingers ran through her smooth curls softly to get up with an urge to get rid of the tiredness by taking a warm shower as she had immediately walked into the bathroom without even switching on the lights of her room or grabbing the pair of clothes with her.

 

Because all she needed was to get rid of the long day of tiredness.

 

Soon after, her figure was walking around in the kitchen, clad in a black bathrobe, her hair still wet behind her lower back in pearly drops like her name, dew.

 

Morning dew.

 

Yet, she didn't feel it.

 

The black mug was filled with her everyday drink, espresso, something she hated to even taste it because of the bitterness but now the bitterness didn't even taste bitter in because she had seen, been and tasted the chaos of bitterness in her life to feel any sourness from the liquid going through like a hot burn.

 

The black slippers walked to the living room, the dim light around had beamed its brightness enough for her to walk around, and her figure settled on the comfy couch with her right leg over her other as she leaned back comfortably while her forefinger tracing the rim of her mug in a circular motion.

 

While doing so, her elbow had brushed over her knee, and the corner of the bathrobe covering her leg was removed in a brush but she didn't flinch, yet her eyes were quick to glance at the certain spot of her knee.

 

A scar.

 

A stitched scar.

 

Her almond shaped eyes kept staring at the scar, her black pupils were blank, neutral to be precise, because it has been a long time to feel any empathy towards it, she had been doing it all those years but now the empathy was gone.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter