Chapter Ten

Daylight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The amiss had to be on the right path.

 

10:01 pm 

 

 

Silence yet not. 

 

Chaos yet so silent. 

 

A smell of soil after the gone rain; a breeze, and a shade of darkness above him, and in his heart, and ahead of him as his lost eyes stared at the cityscape, and the river of Han-river in front him while his lost trance played the whole scene in his head from earlier like a piercing pain in his heart; squeezing it like an unbearable pain. 

 

His eyes blurred; his fingers played more with the silver lighter in his hands. 

 

The pain felt familiar from nine years ago and it felt twice hurtful after the confrontation; a shaky breath left his lips, as the moments related to his father played in his mind like a heart-wrenching feeling and the particular moment with her crossed his mind years back, and a moment earlier. 

 

Still painful. Still resentful. Still piercing his heart but something was different this time; a confusion, and questions in his mind. 

 

“Here.”

 

Baekhyun turned to Kang-min; his back leaned against his car as his messed up hair brushed his forehead to glance at Kang-min's hands forwarding the can of soda for Baekhyun to give him a look and Kang-min seemed to understand it. “You can't get drunk.”

 

“I don't get drunk with one can of beer.”

 

“You hardly drink alcohol, Baekhyun-ah.”

 

“I want to drink tonight, Kang-min.”

 

Baekhyun mumbled; his head tilting down to glance at the lighter being played through his fingers while his hair brushing his forehead with a gulp of his lump as he cleared his throat to find the beer being extended to him as with a glance towards Kang-min, he found a gentle and empathic look on his face while his black hair in a soft brush. “Just for tonight.”

 

“I'm so thankful, Lee.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled; it was a forced one, he wasn't in the mood to be playful, or in his usual sarcasm as Kang-min leaned against the car beside him while both of them opening the cans together as with a silent cling, both of them had taken a sip while looking ahead but Baekhyun took a few more gulps; the alcohol burned his throat, yet ironically, his heart burning more to target his body. 

 

“Life is just so ty.”

 

Kang-min heard him with a groan; his tone painful as he stared at him silently, wanting him to talk, he was his friend to listen to him, something he had been keeping in his heart for nine years holding so much pain besides the tragedy of his parents where Baekhyun sighed; his eyes glancing at the silver ring on his hand with another pierce followed by the earlier scene again. 

 

Her teary eyes. Her resentment. Her anger. Her pain and a piercing in his heart. 

 

“Damn it.”

 

Another gulp down his throat; he shouldn't be feeling like this, not after that moment, and he looked at Kang-min with a tired expression. 

 

“Am I that distrustful?” 

 

“No.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed to himself; looking ahead at the river wavering with the water reflecting the cityscape. “She would think otherwise.”

 

“She wasn't left with another choice, Baekhyun.”

 

“You think I did it too?” 

 

“That's where you're getting wrong, Baekhyun-ah,” Kang-min sighed; meeting Baekhyun's confused eyes. “I heard everything; if I look at it from Iseul's perspective, she only had you to question because apparently she discussed it with you.”

 

“She didn't question.” Baekhyun shook his head; swallowing harshly. “I saw an accusation in her eyes, Lee; she should have at least trusted me,” He trailed off, with a scoff. “Questions? I would have answered her every damn question but I already saw it,” He paused, feeling another tightness in his heart. “She wouldn't believe me and she didn't.”

 

Her words were etched like a painful piercing in his heart and mind; unable to forget it like she was in it like a mind freaking chant. 

 

“Have you thought about it from her perspective?” Kang-min questioned. “She told you; it was your hideout, no one else was aware of it except for Ji-eun and I, she had no one but you to question; it was about her father.”

 

Baekhyun took Kang-min's words in his mind; the same question for himself. “Are you trying to say that someone made me a target?” 

 

“Probably.” Kang-min frowned. “It's like someone deliberately did it.”

 

“But no one else was aware of my hideout.”

 

“That's what Iseul must have thought too.”

 

Baekhyun understood his words but the moment their moments from nine years back crossed his head; a pang of pain pierce through his heart. “I didn't think her trust for me was this fragile,” He trailed off, his eyes blurry. “I thought our bond was stronger than those obstacles but I was wrong; she said I was like how people had described me,” He paused, swallowing another lump. “I don't want to know anymore; I don't want to have anything to do with her.”

 

Kang-min understood his pain as he sighed a deep breath. “I just know one thing; Iseul was the only one who had defended you without thinking about her outcome when everyone was accusing you; I don't think it's just that, maybe there's something else you don't know.”

 

Yet she was the one accusing him painfully. 

 

It pains him; her resentment, and words puts another resentment in his heart and a feeling so familiar; somewhere, something was wrong and he didn't want to deal with these emotions anymore, he needed to get away from it. 

 

He hated it. 

 

This side had a silent cry in his heart, and the other side had another silent cry in her heart yet somehow together. 

 

Silent. 

 

Blank. 

 

A piercing pain in her head; her bloodshot eyes staring blankly at the space behind her blurry vision, her hands fisted, digging her nails into her flesh on her lap, and the moments from earlier going through her head yet was felt like a painful piercing in her heart as Iseul blinked for the pooling warm tears to flow but she was quick to wipe it off; she hated crying like this. 

 

She hated giving in to her emotions. 

 

She had gotten a hold of it yet he had to be the one whom she was unable to do so; he had to be the reason for it. 

 

The confrontation gave another reason; the moment from nine years back crossed her head with him, the way she had let him in, the way he had made her think that he was her safe, but he wasn't? Was she wrong? But what should she even believe? Or trust? The happenings before her eyes or the emotions? 

 

Emotions have always put her down. 

 

She could never forget the moment of her parents shattering the picture of her admirable parents in pieces; the moment her mother called her a mistake, the moment she had seen her parents in a sight she had never thought of; the trust, and their facade was shattered right there. 

 

She couldn't trust anyone or anything; the one she thought she could let her down too. 

 

He says he's not but he doesn't have an answer for it; there was a part that believed that he wouldn't do it but she couldn't hold it; her own people had made a facade and she had believed it only to be a lie. 

 

“Iseul.”

 

Iseul felt a weight beside her on the couch; a second after she felt Ji-eun wiping her lone tear for Iseul to look at her with a jolt, and Ji-eun stared at her in an empathy. “It's me.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

A whisper of Iseul, where she discerned Se-Ju's standing figure by the doorway of his room and Ji-eun caressed her back gently. “Do you want to talk about it?” 

 

“About what?” 

 

Iseul could feel her tears threatening in; her nails dug more to hold it in, as she had taken the glass of water from Ji-eun to gulp with a few quick gulps, her dry and lumping throat felt a coldness but her heart still in a burning sensation unpleasantly. 

 

“Why didn't you ever tell me?”

 

Iseul tightened her grip on the glass as she stared at her reflection. “It wasn't something to brag; I didn't even want to remember it.”

 

Yet she couldn't forget it. 

 

“You must think I'm wrong about it, right?” 

 

Ji-eun heard her; her heart paining at her pained expression, “All I know is that there's always two sides of stories; Baekhyun wasn't someone who could do it,” She paused, as Iseul's teary eyes met hers. “I also thought it too; after whatever happened, I wanted to believe it but how can I just ignore the things before me?” She paused, gulping as tears rolled down her cheeks. “I still remember the words of people about dad; so brutal, and painful and he wasn't any of it but only because I heard it, and I told him and everything went wrong.”

 

“Do you have any answer for it?” 

 

Ji-eun was confused; she had no answer to it, the hideout was his, and only the four of them were aware of it, and she couldn't question Iseul about her doubts either but something crossed her mind. “Iseul, you used to defend him from the people; he used to take your side, how come you stopped your trust and faith in a moment?” 

 

“Because I didn't know whom to trust; everyone was lying to me all the time.”

 

“What?” Ji-eun frowned, and Iseul's breath hitched with a flinch, and Ji-eun was quick to make her face her. “Did something else happen?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Iseul.” Ji-eun's tone was stern; her eyes softened. “What happened?”

 

Iseul felt her heartbeat quickening; piercing and welling up as she gulped the lump in while looking down, “The week before graduation,”

 

“Your ballet performance.”

 

Iseul nodded. “Mom got to know about it.”

 

“And?” Ji-eun caressed her arms as Iseul took a pause; the latter could tell it was something serious and Iseul's eyes blurred her vision towards her lap. “Mom was angry; she scolded me, dad and she had a fight.”

 

“Married couples do fight.”

 

“They were forced.” Iseul met her eyes with a silent sob; her grip tightened. “They lied; they were lying all along, even if they were, they shouldn't have disclosed it and I wouldn't have been this messed up.” She took a deep breath as her eyes went into a trance of that painful moment. “It was all a facade; mom thought dad had been cheating,” She paused, her lips trembling as she bit it with a sniffle. “I was a mistake.”

 

Ji-eun's heart stopped. “What?” 

 

Iseul reached out, rubbing her eyes with another sob as she sighed deeply; her chest tightening unpleasantly. “She said she didn't want me,” Another sob and a brush of her hair with another deep breath since she was feeling it hard to breath for Ji-eun to caress her back and a sad smile on Iseul's face as she met Ji-eun's teary eyes. “I guess we can see why she never has been soft to me.”

 

“Don't say it like that.”

 

“It's the truth and the lies I was surrounded by; I don't know want to believe anymore.” Iseul's tone downed in a whisper; leaning forward she had held her paining head while her whole system was in a burning sensation and exhausted, until Ji-eun's one sentence had her break out in cries completely. “It must have been hard on you, Iseul.”

 

Iseul met her eyes; tears rolled down her face she nodded. “It was.”

 

“Does he know?” 

 

“No.”

 

“Why didn't you tell me?” 

 

“I couldn't find the strength to do it.”

 

Ji-eun had pulled her in a hug; Iseul cried silently in her arms, warm, and empathic, but why was her heart not feeling as safe as she should be? Why was she feeling that somewhere, something was amiss, and his teary eyes flashed in her head for her to lean away with a jolt; why was he in her mind again? 

 

She shouldn't be thinking about it; him, yet her mind could never win against her emotions. 

 

She hated it. 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________

 

 

 

 

11:08 pm 

 

 

Another familiar silence yet different. 

 

Iseul opened the door of the penthouse; the one getting familiar along with the man whom she had nothing to do with was becoming it without her accord as her heeled feet walked inside to greet another silence and her eyes looked around to find nothing but an echo of silence with a dim golden light of chandelier beaming in the living room. 

 

He was nowhere to be seen. 

 

Before she could let her mind take over another thought, she had walked in further towards the staircase only to hear a soft thud of door closing from upstairs; her steps halted on the first step, her hand gripping the railing while her head tilted up with a sudden thud behind her chest as standing on the start of the steps was standing Baekhyun. 

 

A pin drop silence; their eyes in a long stare at the happenings earlier. 

 

He was in his nightwear; his silver hair in a mess before he was descending down the steps and the more he got closer, the more Iseul's heart paced, but her eyes didn't break the gaze with his silent yet intensive one, the one reminding her of their moment earlier; the chaos, and the sorrow and the resentment and the confusing questions. 

 

Until he was standing just one step above her; closer yet not, and his head tilted down while his hand holding the railing close to her hand yet not brushing while a certain silence between them behind the bore of their eyes and a chaos happening in their hearts. 

 

A certain pain. A certain resentment. A certain emotion yet unable to hold it and hated to hold it. 

 

Baekhyun noticed it; her eyes, swollen, and bloodshot and a familiar yet hated one squeeze in his heart as his jaw clenched, and his eyes sharpened, just hers did, but he was quick to walk past her figure unconsciously brushing his knuckles against hers as Iseul pulled her hand to her chest at the sudden action unaware of his own hand at it before looking over her shoulder to find him closing the door behind ignoring her. 

 

Iseul glared at the door; the man inside as with a deep breath, she had ascended upstairs loud enough to be echoed in the silence yet heard by the one familiar man inside the room. 

 

The drizzle of the rain had begun yet again; the pairs had left in the silence and a turmoil, and a known resentment but this rain had brought something different; something that felt amiss. 

 

The one that had to be on the right path for the ones under the amiss. 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________

 

 

 

 

10:36 am 

 

 

The morning had arrived; the usual, and the usual tension was wrapped in the building of The One, the whispers and nervousness of the employees had begun again who had thought that the sour and angry boss could change her behavior in a soft way after her marriage yet were in a huge delusion. 

 

Jeon Iseul was in a heated rage yet again. 

 

“Mr. Jung, arrange their termination letters beforehand; I wouldn't have to think twice before firing each of you later.”

 

Iseul glared one last time at their employees before standing up; a flinch to them, and she had opened the door with a loud sound before Hae-Jin could have done it as the next thing they were watching her mighty back in their sights leaving them with a sigh of relief and nervousness of being kicked out. 

 

“She's awfully angry.”

 

“When is she not?” 

 

“Today is different; maybe had a conflict with her husband.”

 

“No,” Ms. Moon interrupted. “They looked happy yesterday.”

 

“Stop gossiping about Mrs. Jeon and her husband; do your work properly.”

 

Hae-Jin deadpanned as they nodded; before he had left the meeting room to her boss's cabin and Iseul was seated on her head chair clad in her silk green ribbon top paired up with high-waisted black pants while her matching blazer hanging behind her chair with her leg over another and a frown of anger on her face not because of the meeting alone but another reason; the reason that happen to be her man of a darling husband, the annoying scum doing things without informing her after avoiding her since two days had angered her more.

 

They were hardly exchanging glimpses of each other; the uncomfortable silence was around the whole house and Iseul couldn't care less about it. 

 

Yet deep down she was; her emotions were awakening because of him, and after that confrontation had it more, the confusions, and fighting against her beliefs where her mind kept drifting towards him. 

 

A knock on the door and without averting her eyes from the table, she had let Hae-Jin inside as she felt him standing in front of her table. 

 

“Yes, Mr. Jung.”

 

“The minutes from the meeting,” He placed the USB and another file. “The people who have invested in the shares and sold it.”

 

Iseul had opened the file to check after wearing her black frames; a halt on the page, “Ms. Song is no longer a shareholder for Choi Myung-Soo's company?” She frowned, and heard Mr. Jung speaking up. “Yes, apparently she sold it to Mr. Byun,” He abruptly stopped the moment Iseul shot him a sharp gaze. “Is that so?” 

 

Hae-Jin cleared his throat; flinching. “Yes.”

 

“That's idiotic of her.”

 

“Yes?” 

 

Iseul had her elbows on the table as she led her interlocked hands to her chin. “She's still forgetting that she's invested her shares in my husband's name; technically ours since it's our shared business now.” Iseul shook her head with a sigh. “Who let her in the business? Right, talking about business, how's her gallery business going?” 

 

“She's been preparing for it; purchasing paintings from overseas and from famous artists.”

 

“Interesting.” Iseul had her lips in an upside-down curve; her eyes in an observation. “Keep getting the information and keep your watch on Gu Hyun-shik; have his termination letter ready.”

 

“And the other employees?”

 

“Do it.” 

 

“Sorry?” 

 

Iseul gave him a sharp look and Hae-Jin nodded. “Yes, ma'am.”

 

A knock on the door and Iseul turned to it with a confused frown, “Come in,” The next moment, a familiar man, Lee Kang-min in his formal suit had stood opening the door with a smile but looking at Iseul's not interested poker face had his smile dropped. “Can I come in?”

 

“Leave us alone, Mr. Jung.”

 

“Yes, ma'am.”

 

Kang-min had shared a smile with Hae-Jin who had walked out; a silence of awkwardness fell in between as Kang-min walked in further with his eyes roaming around Iseul's cabin and a sudden chill through his system with a shudder as he immediately met Iseul's sharpened eyes; leaned back on her chair with a tilt of her head, her forehead creased. “Are you here to sightsee, Lee?” 

 

Damn, he really found a glimpse of his boss here; typical husband and wife. 

 

“Or you're here to give excuses for your boss's unprofessional behavior?” 

 

Kang-min smiled hesitantly. “Both.”

 

Iseul stared at him silently and Kang-min had sighed; getting closer as with a permission to sit on the chair that she gave with a nod, he had taken a seat, “The thing is,” He trailed off, straightening himself as Iseul kept her sharp eyes on him with her crossed arms for him to chuckle nervously. “Can you not look at me like that, it's scary, lady boss?” 

 

“Where is he?” Iseul questioned. “Why didn't he show up at the shareholder meeting? We have been getting shares to start the business and he should have been presented there,” She paused, leaning forward with her arms on the table; an anger. “Why am I getting the message from you about his sudden health issues and not from him? Who do you think I am? And who does he think I am? And what does he think of himself?” 

 

“Calm down.”

 

“Do I look like I'm in a mood to calm down, Kang-min? He should know how to keep personal and professional issues separate.” 

 

Iseul's voice barely raised yet her eyes spoke louder; Kang-min gulped, damn, he was really cursing Baekhyun for throwing him in the hell fire instead of himself, he should really be grateful for having him as his friend and secretary before he sighed. “He does have a reason for it.”

 

Iseul blinked. “Enlighten me.”

 

“It's his parents' memorial today.”

 

Iseul's heart thudd; a strange sinking feeling right through her heart, and Kang-min continued with a sullen look. “He really keeps himself busy; doesn't like meeting anyone and he's mostly drained out so he didn't think of coming in case it ruins the mood or the meeting.”

 

Iseul heard him attentively; somehow feeling a familiar sinking in feeling in her heart and unknowingly, her eyes softened yet sullen until something kicked in again; she shouldn't let her emotions take over and her eyes sharpened again to meet Kang-min's observant ones who had noticed her change of expression. 

 

“Has his phone stopped working? If he has any problem; he should message me beforehand instead of treating me with such unprofessional behavior,” Iseul deadpanned, her jaw hardened. “Tell your boss that I won't tolerate this again or I will exclude him from the merge business.”

 

Kang-min blinked. “But he has equal shares.”

 

“And I have been in this business industry for four years; I know every businessman here and it wouldn't take much time for me to get the shares in my hold.”

 

Kang-min heard her; it was her professionalism speaking through her confident posture with facts and he couldn't deny it because she's been in this industry in Korea for years while Baekhyun was holding his authority abroad and it could be said that she really had an upper hand again. 

 

“Alright.”

 

Iseul gave him a look at his still seated figure for Kang-min to frown. “At least, offer me some drinks, lady boss.”

 

“Are you here to party, Lee?” 

 

“I'm still a friend; it's hot outside.”

 

The next moment, Iseul had called Hae-Jin inside as he was standing with a confused look likewise for Kang-min until Iseul ordered, “Mr. Jung, give Mr. Lee, a very cold drink that he doesn't feel hot anymore,” Her eyes sharp and threatening as both males gulped before Kang-min stood up, gesturing to Hae-Jin to take him out with a pleading face for him to nod as he gave a quick bow to Iseul. “Yes, ma'am.”

 

Iseul found the males out of her cabin; a deep sigh from her lips as she leaned back with a trance of her thoughts towards Baekhyun, she was unaware of his reason, where she had felt a sorrow within her since she had lost her father while his memorial kept reminding her of her regrets, and guilt, and sorrows and somewhere she could feel his too because it was familiar and similar. 

 

A thought towards him again; was he alright? 

 

“Stop it, Iseul.”

 

She mumbled; shaking her head from her thoughts because the emotions softened her and she had stopped doing it; she hated doing it. 

 

“Is your marriage like this, Hae-Jin?” 

 

Kang-min questioned; taking a sip of his iced tea where Hae-Jin chuckled. “It's love marriage; things like that are normal for me.”

 

Kang-min nodded; unable to say if his boss and boss lady were connected to love, or hate, but how their emotions are towards each other screamed latter while their behavior appeared to be former and a sigh left his lips. “Should I get married or not?” 

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” 

 

“No, but the one I want doesn't seem possible yet.”

 

Kang-min mused, Ji-eun's face flashing in his mind, before he heard Hae-Jin. “If it's meant to be for you, it will happen; nothing goes against fate.”

 

Kang-min smiled at his words; a sudden whisper from the outside of the break room had gotten their attention to find a few female employees peeking in, and out, and Hae-Jin sighed. “Why are they acting like they haven't seen a handsome man before?”

 

Kang-min's dimples intact. “I am.”

 

“They were like this for, Mr. Byun too.”

 

Kang-min gave him a look. “Am I not?” 

 

“Yes.”

 

“I thought we were friends, Hae-Jin.”

 

Hae-Jin chuckled. “We are.”

 

Kang-min made a face before sipping again to watch Hae-soo excusing himself outside before his phone buzzed; fishing it out, he had answered it in a second. “Hey, boss.”

 

“Are you still there?” 

 

“Where?” 

 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue; rounding the corner. “At my wife's office, Lee.” And he closed his eyes for a second at his words, the wife word had been etched to his tongue like a freaking chant that without wanting to say it, he was voicing it out, before he heard Kang-min's chuckle; punk was enjoying his condition, and he calls himself his friend. 

 

“I am having an iced coffee at her office break room.” 

 

Baekhyun had his lips in an upside-down curve, “At least, she's not throwing you out,” He halted his speech at Kang-min's abrupt interruption. “Throw? I am back from playing with a hell fire, I'm back from a battle and you're talking about being thrown out? It's all because of your husband and wife quarrel; she threatened to throw you out of the business merge project.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed. “As if.”

 

“She can; she has an upper hand.” 

 

“I know.” Baekhyun pressed the brake; the car stopped by the familiar place. “But I'm not less than it; she knows it too.”

 

“Where are you?” 

 

“Graveyard; I'll talk to you later.”

 

Baekhyun let out a deep breath; his heart already in a sorrowful sink, and after parking the car, he had stepped out in his black suit, and his drained eyes stared at the familiar gate for a moment with a silence; a gulp down his throat as his head tilted up to take a glimpse of the blue sky shading in gray clouds and his already sinking heart felt another unpleasant sink; it had to rain again, on this day, and that day too. 

 

The next thing he was crossing through the gate; stood before the graveyard of his parents again, for the first time after nine years of their memorial day, he was paying the visit, last time he had visited was the start of his purpose and this time, he was getting closer to it; his heart still welled up because even if he gets it done, his loved ones wouldn't be with him. 

 

He'd still be all alone in the end; lost and in pain. 

 

Yet not and he didn't have to know it yet. 

 

He should utter something but nothing came out; he was confused, and blank but only her face flashed in his mind, Iseul, the one whom he had been avoiding yet was on his mind like a chant just like he couldn't get her out from the past nine years; the same reason, her same hurtful words, her same hatred filled eyes for him, and his heart in a piercing pain. 

 

Yet why was she on his mind? 

 

There was resentment for her fragile trust in him. A hatred of her words in his heart. His broken shattered heart of love. 

 

Until that night's moment crossed his mind again; Kang-min's words, and his mind trying to question them. 

 

There was no one except him about the awareness of the hideout; he was the one letting Iseul be aware of it, and there was no one else but them as his frown deepened in the focus of his thoughts; someone had tried to make him a target. 

 

Why? For what? 

 

He was targeted just like his father; his frown eased but his eyes held an anger as his jaw clenched with his heart pacing at the thought, a huge strategy was planned against him but who? 

 

He had to know but he still couldn't forget her words; the fragile trust of hers and hatred of her words in his heart. 

 

Yet her resentful teary eyes squeezed his heart in another guilt; he couldn't get her out of it, foremost, Jeon Iseul. 

 

He shook his head; his lips, he had to get away from it, and with a bow towards the graveyards, he was about to walk away but something held him back; a confusion, and his eyes looked over his shoulder to frown as the place down a step felt familiar to him, a woman was standing there who had reminded him of Iseul the first time he had stepped here, and without any thoughts, he had walked to the direction to the graveyard. 

 

His eyes widened; it was Jeon Tae-ha's grave and his heart thud, as his lips parted at the realization that it was really Jeon Iseul that time and his eyes stared at the graveyard with a silence; a feeling so familiar of losing a loved one, the moment of her telling him about her sorrows to him and her teary painful eyes accusing him of disclosing it and how guilty she felt while screaming at him. 

 

He didn't do it; she doesn't trust him. 

 

He felt hurt, betrayed, yet her teary eyes were sinking his heart unpleasantly and he didn't want to deal with her anymore to be hurt again but he had to know the actual truth. 

 

As with a bow to his grave, Baekhyun had begun to walk away on the green grass but the lost within him was opted to be found; the pain within him was to be healed, and love to bloom like it was meant to be. 

 

Like fate had already started to do it; his everything was around him only to be embraced. 

 

The morning descended into the afternoon; the gray clouds were emerged overtaking the blue shade in a darkness where another familiar car had stopped by the graveyard; stepping out of it was Iseul as her heeled feet stood on the ground with her hair open behind her back, and a black blazer over her top. 

 

“Why am I here?” 

 

Iseul bit her lip; she couldn't stay still after hearing about it from Kang-min, she was unaware of it because Baekhyun never really told her about himself back then; he was like a mysterious boy but she couldn't stop herself from paying a visit to his parents. 

 

Was it because they were in a faithful cooperation? Was it because she could understand losing a loved one? Was it because after that night's confrontation her mind had gotten a turmoil? 

 

Yet she couldn't hold it; when everything around her was a lie, she couldn't believe anything before her eyes, especially relying on her emotions was the last thing she wanted to do; guilt, and regret towards her father still haunts her. 

 

Swallowing down the sinking feeling; she had paced inside as the next thing she was standing before his parents’ graves, and the sinking emotion had rushed into her thudding heart unpleasantly as a lost memory of him crying on her shoulder had crossed her mind, and the confrontation of that night's, and the moment of her father's news disclosing in the whole campus and his hurtful teary eyes looking at her in resentment. 

 

He says he didn't but he didn't have an answer either. 

 

Was she supposed to believe it? It was his hideout; no one else knew about it, so was she supposed to turn a blind eye to her surroundings? After every facade of lie she was tied up with, the fact that the facade had her be distant to her only father and her distance couldn't let her apologize properly for her behavior. 

 

She couldn't mourn his death nor fulfill her dream; she really was feeling punished. 

 

Her eyes burned and blinking away they sharpened; her mind crossed Ji-eun's words of having two sides of stories so should she look for it? Why? Because there might be something else other than the facade? 

 

Her mind and emotions were in a huge turmoil again; she couldn't let her emotions take over to be broken again. 

 

But why couldn't she let go of it?

 

“Gosh, something is wrong with me.”

 

She mumbled, before putting the flowers on their graves as with a greeting bow, she had turned around only to get a sudden glimpse and familiarity of the spot; her eyes looking at the direction with a confusion until she was standing before her father's grave to look back at the direction of Baekhyun's parents’ grave where the sudden glimpse of her father's memorial afternoon crossed her min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter