Encounter

Run!

Tuesday, March 7th 2023, 20.08

                “We should focus on from the high building then continuously go to the road, okay?” Dong Hae giving the instruction to the cameraman. “Okay, ready, start!”

Every crew become silent, not making any noises, let the sound from all vehicles being recorded beautifully. 15 minutes passed by, Dong Hae hasn’t said anything about finishing the record. The cameraman still focusing on the road. Maybe this why he is so popular in this industry, there are lots of footage that can be used which the bad side also means that there are lots of things that need to be edited.  It takes ages for him to make a video.

Dong Hae watching the shoot from his monitor looking somehow not satisfied. From his headphones came out all of the noise from the busy road. This project will be Epik High’s new music video, the theme is lonely. Tablo dan Dong Hae has the same idea about capturing the loneliness in the middle of the crowd. When the road is busiest, they hope can capture realistic situation that giving them the ‘lonely’ feeling. Dong Hae tapping his finger in the table, searching from something, he hasn’t find that ‘realistic situation’. He stood up, looking at that big road directly, not from his monitor. He scans the roadside from right to left and ‘what is it?’. He titled his head a bit, showing some interest. He walked to the camera and moving it smoothly to capture the bus stop at the left side of the road. He tells the cameraman to focus on the woman who is sitting alone in that bus stop. She wears light green suits with a white blouse inside matched with her white heels. Sitting alone isn’t the reason that make Dong Hae curious, the way she doesn’t stop staring her heels is.

She still staring at her own heels, sometimes moving her feet a bit, tapping her index finger on the bench which feels like she is in the middle of considering something. ‘What is it? What happened to her heels? Did she break it until she can’t use it? Did it so expensive? Does she steal those heels? Why does she looks like in dilemma.

37  minutes passed by, there are 2 buses already passed her, but she doesn’t move an inch and yes.. still staring at those heels. He has to talk to her.

                “Cut!” Dong Hae finally stop the recording. “We can wrap up for today, thank you for the work” Dong Hae continue giving instruction.

                “I will go the her, you can give me all the documents she needs to sign.” He stopped on of his crew who has to get the woman’s agreement to be in the video.

                “Oh, okay.. Do you know her?” that crew asked.

                “No..” Dong Hae answered and taking the documents from the crew hands, start walking to her.

 

                “Excuse me..” Dong Hae said, getting closer to the woman.

She directly look at him, bit startled.

                “Hi, my name is Dong Hae, you can call me Hae if you want. I just finished some shooting there, and can we use your footages for the project?” Dong Hae explained.

She just stared at him and nodded.

Dong Hae isn’t sure with the nodding, “Do you want to see it first?” He asked.

                “Just use it.. gwenchana..” She finally said something

                “You will get some appearance’s fee, even tho it isn’t a lot. Will you mind to fill this documents?”

She sighed, showing that she just doesn’t want to have this kind of interaction.

                “I’m okay, You can just use it.” She said while looking at him in the eye.

Dong Hae stare at her, his head still questioning all of the heels thingy and this simple, easy agreement making him uncomfortable. Why does it so easy for her to say yes? Why does it feels like she just doesn’t care about her own footage?

                “Do you mind if I ask you something?” Dong Hae asked.

                “I do mind it.”

                “Why did you stare at your heels that way?” He keep asking even though she minds it.

She start staring at her heels again.

                “If I run with it, I’m gonna ruin it right?”

                “Of course, I don’t think you can run with that”

She smiled a bit, “So, can I just run barefoot?” She asked and looking at Dong Hae excitedly. “I really want to run”

                “Then run. Run as much as you want” He answered.