The gift

Is twelve my lucky number?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-YI visited Wheein backstage of a TV station on the day of her comeback as the brunette usually did.

The younger girl hugged her dear friend and they ate together while chatting.

After a while, the younger one teared up and confessed she struggled a lot to prepare that album.

Wheein also mentioned she missed working with each Mamamoo member.

The older one smiled and suggested:

__ You should have a unit with Hyejin-ie. It will be fun.

__ Moomoos want you and I doing one too. By the way, Byul-ah. I still can't believe you and Yongsun unnie keep working together nonstop. Instead of ending that weird vibe between you too.

The black-haired one asked:

__ Which weird vibe, Wheein-ah? We rarely argue nowadays.

__ All that . Too much bottled for 84 years. Unnie, when did you last someone?

The The 30-year-old laughed before responding:

__ First of all, the ended ages ago. When I finally understood that Yong will never see me that way, I set myself free. I'm like a younger sister to her. Stopped focusing my energy on her.

__ Huh? Can you hear yourself? You two live for each other.__ Wheein rolled her eyes.

Sighing, the artist confessed:

__ It's different now. I don't go to her place every day. And she can handle many things without me. Let's say we have the clingy season and the distant one. All of them as best buddies. Back in the day, after the legendary fight, I believed she would accept my feelings. But I guess Yong is a straight woman who loves working as much as I do. We are the old aunts who seem a married couple. Well...married people don't have . So it may be accurate.

The blonde's facial expression got sad.

__ Well, if you're sure about her lack of interest, you should move on. It's so easy for you to get , Moonstar.

Byul-YI smiled but a tear rolled down her face.

__ Isn't it ironic? I want none. There was a time I used to cry for destroying a past relationship, as you know. I met Yong 13 years ago and 1 year later, I fell hard. It took me 3 years to break her walls. Then we became inseparable. No matter how I look at the situation, I don't feel like staying with anyone romantically. And since the pandemic, I don't have the urge for . Not even self-pleasure.

The 27-year-old patted her friend's leg and murmured:

__ I'm the drunk loner aunt who will show up at the parties and give inappropriate gifts to the kids. You are Moon Byul-YI, the charming lesbian who will be successfully married and have 3 kids and 10 dogs. Snap out of it. You're at the peak of your life. Go get laid. If you don't feel like it, try it and the desire will show up anyway.

Those words made the black-haired female laugh out loud.

__ Wheein-ah, I love you so much! I wish you and I had fallen in love. I feel that we would be perfect for each other.

Frowning while thinking, the younger one declared:

__ We might. But we are better this way. I would get jealous 24 times a day. You know what? Maybe that's Yong unnie's problem. She can't handle your 200 people's contact numbers.

__ Nah. She finds me unattractive. Yong is hetero.

Wheein laughed so much that her belly hurt and she had to hold it.

__ If she is, then I am an elf.

__ Well...__ The rapper smirked and received a slap on her arm.

__ x __

__ Why are you dressed to kill? Going somewhere special?__ Yonghee asked her younger sister.

Despite moving out once she got married, the duo didn't stop hanging out.

The singer met the older Kim at her office and they dropped at a Cafe for juice.

Smiling shyly, the brunette replied:

__ Not really. Just the usual. Byul-YI and I decided to do the Christmas shopping together.

Yonghee smiled and said:

__ The typical old married couple. When are you two gonna make it official?

The famous one blushed and stuttered:

__ Wh...why are y...ou sa...saying that?

__ Come on, Yong! Byul-YI and you are a couple. Just do it, bloody hell!

Looking around with anxious eyes, Yongsun whispered:

__ I don't think Byul-YI wants me. She stopped trying 3 or 4 years ago.

Rolling her eyes, the designer exclaimed:

__ Are you even surprised? That girl chased you like a puppy for a decade! Now it's about time you make a move. A REAL GOOD ONE! Be the top. Don't leave room for doubt. I know she still loves you. It's in her lingering eyes. It's also about time you stop acting like an awkward , which you are not.

The 32-year-old gulped and sipped her juice to take the chance to think.

__ I don't know, unnie. What if she rejects me and our relationship gets all weird? I don't wanna lose her.

__ So you do love her, right?__ The older one winked.

Yongsun pouted:

__ Shut up...

__ Kid, just listen to your heart. I doubt Byul-YI will ever let things go bad between you too. Seriously. Trust me on this one.__ The designer patted her sister's back.

Although she was not fully convinced, the dark-haired artist nodded and they finished their drink.

The sisters parted ways on the sidewalk because Yongsun's Uber arrived.

As soon as she sat inside the vehicle, the female sent her best friend a message to inform her she was on her way.

As usual, the younger one by responding that she was already late.

The duo met at the mall 25 minutes later and Byul-YI looked at the older one with a puzzled expression.

__ What? Are you gonna start to trash my outfit?__ The brunette rolled her eyes.

Slowly shaking her head, the skinny female declared:

__ No. Why would I? It's pretty nice. You look gorgeous.

Yongsun blushed and couldn't remember the proper words to say a simple thank you.

Suddenly, Byul-YI got shy too, and avoided eye contact.

__ Let's go, Yong. We have too many gifts to buy.

__ x __

They were inside the rapper's car and she was driving the older one home.

__ Hey, you haven't told me what you want for your birthday this year.__ Yongsun broke the silence after 10 minutes.

__ Anything you wanna give me is fine, Yong.__ The black-haired female kept her focus on the road.

Surprised, the 32-year-old commented:

__ You always ask something. Either directly or by throwing hints. What's going on, Byul-ah. You seem different since we came back from our last concert as Mamamoo Plus.

Sighing, the handsome female thought about the question for a few minutes.

__ I guess I'm getting old. Suddenly some things don't have the same weight for me. Besides, I'm not like you. I can't keep reinventing myself professionally. I neither have the stamina nor the talent.

__ Bull! You're the most creative and innovative person I've ever met. Who made you lose confidence again? Tell me and I'll kick their .__ The dark-haired one exclaimed.

Byul-YI smiled and her friend could see her Indian dimples.

__ Oh, Kim Yongsun. Doesn't it hurt? Being so open about your admiration regarding my work? It's kinda y that you want to defend me. You usually wanna kick my .

The singer pouted and mumbled:

__ Pabu! Only when you piss me off. But I'm always on your side.

Glancing at the gorgeous woman sitting beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter