Chapter 2

Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Taemin arrived home, he immediately regretted for rejecting Jinki’s offer. It was not easy at all to walk Choi Minho to his room. Taemin just let him fall and sleep on the couch for the rest of the night.

 

Taemin finally could rest after showering and checking on Minho for the last time. 

 

The next day Minho woke up and found a note on the table:

 

“I’m working early and flying to Japan tonight. will be back in a week. Please take care of Kkoongie. Taemin.”

 

Minho was supposed to be happy that he has the house for himself. But it was kind of weird. He didn’t know what was weird about that. He just knew that it was oddly weird.

 

Minho fed the cat as soon as he read the note. 

“I feed you just because he told me to, you know. I still don’t like you.” Minho told the busy eating cat. 

 

Kkoongie looked up and growled to Minho. They locked eyes for a few seconds and Minho was sure he saw hatred in that cat’s eyes.

 

Minho scoffed, then he got ready to go to the gym. No matter how tired, he never missed work out. 

 

That day Minho had to deal with so much troubles in the office. Things just didn’t work the way he wanted to. His whole body felt sore and he didn’t have energy to do anything else after work. He just went straight to bed.

 

The next day he repeated the routine, except that he felt somewhat lonely that he brought home a random y girl from the club. They kissed hungrily even before they reached bedroom. The girl pushed Minho to the bed and started to his shirt while giggling. 

 

“Like what you see?” Minho smirked.

“I guess I hit the jackpot.” The girl touched and kissed and Minho’s abs. It was hot. She was impatient and tried to slip his hand inside Minho’s pants. 

 

But suddenly Minho stopped her hand with a strong grip.

 

“What’s wrong?” The girl asked, confused.

“Everything.” Minho replied, pushed her gently from his lap. “Sorry I have to send you home.” 

 

The girl left with an annoyed face. Minho groaned to the pillow. 

 

“What was that?”

He couldn’t explain what he just experienced while he had that hot session with the girl. Was it Taemin’s voice? He suddenly heard how Taemin told Jinki to respect him as a husband. A husband. Yes, a ing husband.

 

Minho needed to ask Taemin, what the hell did he mean? He went through his phone and realized that he didn’t have Taemin’s phone number. For as long as he remembered, he and Taemin never communicated by phone. If something urgent came up, they only contacted each other’s secretary. Minho then chuckled to himself, remembering how this whole thing was not real in the first place.

 

Taemin would come back in a few days but he couldn’t wait that long to ask the very important thing. So he contacted his secretary to ask Taemin’s number from Taemin’s secretary. Asking his parents would only draw suspicion.

 

Call him crazy but he only stared at the number he received from his secretary for almost an hour. He was not sure if calling or sending text was a good idea. He also needed a reasonable excuse.  

 

Because of thinking too much, Minho fell asleep eventually. Funny that he accidentally pressed the calling button.

 

“Hello.” It was Taemin. But Minho already deep in his sleep and Taemin didn’t know who it was. “Hello?” No answer. Taemin disconnected the call.

 

Minho has always been someone who confidently made the first move, knowing that he would never get rejection. But this time was different. He couldn’t call him. Just couldn’t.

 

After checking the date, Minho was sure that today was the day Taemin fly back to Korea. So, he called Taemin’s secretary only to be notified that Taemin was already in his office and will be having meeting after meeting after meeting. 

 

Taemin didn’t even rest properly and has been working like crazy. Minho never understood that kind of logic. 

 

***

 

Taemin massaging his scalp, his brows furrowed. The first meeting was totally exhausting, yet he still has more meetings today. He then used his hand as a pillow on a table. He closed his eyes, when he heard a knock on the door.

 

“Yes?”

“Ummm sir.” The girl hesitantly tried to get Taemin’s attention, who was still  in his position.

“I’ll be there in five minutes.” Taemin said with tired voice.

“Hmm Sir, someone is here.” The secretary glanced at Minho beside him. “It’s your husband.”

 

Taemin opened his eyes and got up to sit properly. He was surprised to hear that name. He put on his glasses and bloody hell, Minho was really there, standing in that room, staring at him.

 

Taemin motioning his secretary to leave. 

 

“Minho? Why are you here?” Taemin asked, still very much confused. What kind of urgent thing that brought the man here?

 

Minho walked towards Taemin’s table with unreadable face, but he looked kind of mad. When he suddenly gripped Taemin’s wrist, Taemin was startled.

 

“Let’s go.” Minho’s tone was scolding.

“Where?”

“We are going home.”

 

They felt people whispering and eyeing and gasping behind their back. They couldn’t care any less.

 

Minho guided the confused Taemin to get in the car. Minho drove the car after taking care of Taemin’s seatbelt. 

 

“Did you have breakfast?” Minho asked, eyes looking straight at the street.

 

“Not yet.” Taemin glanced at Minho, waiting for some explanation.

 

“There is sandwich, milk, and some snacks inside that plastic bag in the back. You should eat.” 

 

Taemin was still confused but he took the foods from the backseat. His hair kept on poking his face, so he fixed the tie and made a higher ponytail. What he didn’t know, Minho thought he was just effortlessly attractive. But Minho threw away the strange thought inside his brain. 

 

“So what is this about, Minho?” Taemin’s mouth was full and Minho barely understoon what he said.

 

“Just eat your food, Tae.” 

“This is so not you.” Taemin shoved another sandwich to his mouth.

 

Taemin’s secretary sent him so many texts. But Minho called her and told her to cancel all Taemin’s schedule today. And Taemin choked on his food. 

 

“What the hell, Choi?” Taemin raised his voice.

“I told her to reschedule. You still have tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the day after.” 

 

Taemin’s mouth wide opened, he couldn’t believe what he just heard. Minho laughing inside. 

 

They were finally home. Taemin followed Minho, still needed some explanation. Taemin sipped his milk and went to his bedroom.

 

“Where are you going?” Minho had to stop him from locking himself in the bedroom like he usually does.

 

“Just give me a break, will you?” Taemin sighed and then carried Kkoongie on the way. “How are you doing, princess?” 

 

In a few minutes Taemin came out again, wearing his usual plain t shirt and baggy pants, with the cat in his arms. Taemin fed the cat, then opened the fridge. Minho expected Taemin to join him on the sofa, but Taemin was about to grill some meat instead. He was still hungry. So Minho walked lazily to the kitchen. 

 

“What is it, Minho?” Taemin sprinkled some salt and pepper to his meat.

 

Minho sat on the stool, unsure how to start.

 

“You didn’t ruin my work plan for the day just to watch me like that, did you?” Taemin scoffed.

 

“Well, Tae.” Minho cleared his throat. “I have a question. What did you mean, you respect me as a husband?” The sentence came out in a slow motion, like Minho really spelled the word one by one.

 

“What?” Taemin coughed, surprised by the question. 

 

“You ok?” Minho gave Taemin a bottle of water. Taemin gulped his water. Minho looked worried.

 

“So you heard.” Taemin sighed loudly, still grilling his meat. “That’s exactly what I said. I respect you, Minho, as my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter