Chapter 2

Removing The Mask

Hearing bells jingle, I looked up from my menu. I saw Hyeri waving at me. I smiled I pointed at the booth. Tossing her purse down, she flopped down across form me. "Minah! Why are you always so pretty!" Sighing she propped her head on her hands at stared with her big eyes. Looking at her from over my glasses I raised an eyebrow. "Aish I'm so jealous. Your hair is so pretty and different." Shaking my head, I laughed quietly. "Hyeri you're the only one jealous of this mess." Scoffing she opened the menu. "You're crazy. When you step into a room, everyone turns around" I scoffed. "Yes that's because I don't fit in," Hyeri flipper her hair. "Pft who wants to fit in." Smiling I asked "So what color will your hair be next month?" She pondered for a bit. "Well I'm thinking magenta. That'll be new." She said as she played with the electric blue strands of her hair. "See normal is boring. But anyway, what are you getting? She said as she closed the menu and pushed it away. "Kimchi fried rice with spicy rice cakes" I said with a grin. "Yah how can you eat all of that and now blow up!" She whined. Glancing at my chest she grinned. "Never mind. obviously it all goes to one space." My retort was ended by the waiters taking our orders. 

"It's music videos!" The TV shouted. Turning around I glance at the screen. Of course it would be  B2ST. "Seobbie is just so cute. If he ever called me beautiful or my girl I'd just die!" Mutter under my breath from disgust. "He didn't actually look that bad when he was dancing." There was sincerity in it that reminded me of yesterday morning when he called me by my real name. The arrival of our food distracted me from my thoughts. God damn I loved spicy rice cakes.

 

"Hyeri! Change the channel!" I yelled from the kitchen as I filled the popcorn bowls. "If I miss Shut up Flower Boy Band, I'm dying your hair black while you sleep!" "Blah blah you're not that brave. Hey someone's at the door. "Grabbing the drinks I shouted back. "Check who it is first!" A sudden scream from the door way had me sprinting into the living room. "Hyeri?!" Looking at the door and sighed. "Yoseob get in the damn apartment and close the door!" I scolded. "Minah! Yoseob's at the door!" She squealed from the floor. He bowed down and held out a hand for her. "Well hello Hyeri." Flashing those famous dimples he helped her up. "Oh god" I muttered. Glancing at me Yoseob asked "Were you going to defend this beautiful girl with a wooden spoon?" He asked winking. Blushing I tossed it in the sofa and yanked my sweater below my shorts. "Oh shut up. You're so soft I could have beaten you up with it."  I scoffed  as I went to get the popcorn. "Minah let me help you." She squealed as she yanked me into the kitchen and slammed the door.

"Son Minah. Why is Yang Yoseob from B2ST standing in your living room?!"  She squealed loudly. Wincing I grabbed an extra drink. "Hyeri if you screamed at that pitch we will have dogs outside." She just sputtered at me. "I'm her neighbor" A voice said cheerfully from the door way. Hyeri squealed and turned around. Shaking my head I just walked past and put the food down. Hyeri collapsed in the sofa looking star struck. Before she could recover, Yoseob leaned over and held her hand. "Hyeri it would just be awful if people knew I was living here. Can I trust you to keep this quiet? Our little secret?" He whispered. He was pouring it on thick. Hyeri just nodded mutely. Scoffing I sat down across from the TV. Yoseob walked towards me. Pulling my hair out of the clip again. "You shouldn't hide such beautiful curls Marissa." Shocked by his sudden use of my name I didn't' stop him when he kneeled in front of me and played with my curls. His face was serious as he started at my hair sliding between his fingers."I'm sorry I missed breakfast this morning. The manager called an early morning meeting. I was worried you'd miss me." Before I could sputter out a response, he tucked my hair behind one of my ears. "I'll see you tomorrow and I'll try to find a cake that's as sweet you." The sincerity in his eyes belied the cheesiness of what he was saying. Standing suddenly with his signature smile he walked towards the door. "Bye ladies. Have a nice night" The apartment was silent after the door clicked closed.

Marissa?! Something as sweet as you?! BREAKFAST?! Hyeri managed to say at a decibel I'm sure the whole compound heard. Sighing I put my hair back up. It was going to be a long night.