Chapter 1

Removing The Mask

 

“Ahh!” I scrunched my eyes trying to drown out he screams. “Kyopta!” Ugh “kyopta” my backside. I glanced at the screen. The fangirls were having miniature heart attacks of Yoseob. Of course he was making those cute faces. Looking at the fangirls, I shook my head. Did they really believe he was that cute? Sighing I grabbed my purse and tossed my money on the table. I was a fan but I don’t think I ever scremad at that decibel. As the door to the café closed behind me, I relaxed into the silence Tonight was the perfect night for some popcorn and a horror movie. Hiking my purse on my shoulder I started humming as I walked home.

 

“Stupid girl! You never run upstairs! Where are you going to go?!” I yelled at the tv, my voice muffled by the popcorn I shoved in my mouth. Just as the ghost was going to catch her a loud hump from next door distracted me. Seriously? Checking the clock. It was 11:30. What were they doing so late. Reversing the movie I began to play the part over. “Come on, come on! Look beh-“ Thump! “Seriously”

Grabing my robe I stomped to my door and threw it open. There were boxes everywhere. What the hell? Who moves in at 12 am? Yanking my robe closed, I banged on the door. “Hello!” I heard cussing from inside and banged again. “I can hear you. Hell the whole floor can hea-“ The door flung open silencing me in mid sentence. “Oh gosh I’m here!” in my breath to rim him a new one I finally noticed who it was. I bent over choking on all that air. “Wait what’s happening?” Don’t die!” He shouted as he pat my back. Yanking back I looked at him again. No. ing. Way. He looked at me worriedly with black bangs in his face. “Yang Yoseob!!!” I squeaked out.

 “Aish!” He muttered as he yanked me inside. Squealing” Let me go!” as I managed to free myself. He slammed the door behind himself and sighed exasperatedly before smiling at me. “Ah you recognized me.” Hs dimples flashed as he rummaged through his bag” Well it would be so, so sad if everyone knew so how about oppa gives you an autograph” He turned the cute factor all the way up. Looking at him smiling as cute as he cut “Hm?” He asked and shrugged his shoulders. Gagging I put my hand up “Please stop.” The voltage of his smile faltered for a second before he turned it back up. “Oh my. Would you like a picture with me too?” I looked at him in disbelief. “Does that crap really work?” His face finally fell before transforming into a sad puppy face. I walked past him. “Oh god, please don’t start that. Opening the door I turned around. “Don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone you live here. The screaming fangirls will shatter my windows. “ He stuck his lips out in a pout. Scoffing I shook my head “See that fake cute thing? Does no work for me. I slammed the door shut before he could put another mask on. What a mess. Walking back inside I ran my hands through my curls. Yang Yoseob, next door? Why couldn’t it be Hyunseung or Junhyung? Sighing I flopped down in the sofa. At least I probably wouldn’t see him that much.

 

Knock knock! Groaning I slapped my alarm off the table. Knock knock knock!!! Ugh what the was that. Dragging my curls out of my face I tried to search for my fallen alarm. Squealing I tried to catch myself as I fell flat on the floor. Knock knock!!!! “Mother ! Growling I clambered to my feet and stumbled to the door and yanked open. “What the fu-“ “Morning neighbor!” Oh god what was he doing at my door at 7am. “Neighbor?” I asked while blinking at me. Maybe it was a dream. Yanking his arm I hissed. “Jesus Christ, will you shut up!” Looking down the hallway to make sure no on noticed him there. Slamming the door I sagged against it. I looked up at him as he just stood there with his stupid puppy smile and two coffees. Grunting I grabbed on of the coffees and shuffled into the living room. “What do you want Mr Yang” I asked as I curled up in my favorite armchair. He flopped down in the sofa. “You can just call me Yoseob or Seobbie.” I snorted into my coffee. Hm he was as fake as plastic fruit but he could pick coffee. No way in hell was I calling him Seobbie though. “You can call me Minah” I said as I polished off the sugary caffeinated drink. Looking surprised he leaned forward as he asked. “You’re Korean?” Glaring at him I pulled my curls into a mom on my head. “What gave it away? My obviously curly hair or my skin?” I asked sarcastically. “Omo well that’s a touchy subject.” He said while pouting. Standing up I tossed the cup in the trash. “Do you think cute faces will help you get away with being so rude?” His pout just increased. “For heavens sake. You’re a 22-year-old man not a child. Stop pouting!” It fell a little more. “What do you want Yoseob. You bang on my door at 7am and bring up my race. I might have forgiven you for waking me up with the coffee but that’s it.” 

He leaned back and crossed his arms. “Why doesn’t it work on you?” I leaned against the wall and answered simply. “Because it’s fake” He looked at me oddly. Standing slowly he stalked toward me, dropping the act. For once I was seeing the real Yoseob. He unclipped my hair and wrapped a curl around his finger. “So tell me. What’s your real name?” Shocked I just watched him wrap the curl around his finger, mesmerized by hi fingers and whispered, “Marissa. No one’s really asked that before.” He smiled and suddenly was back to normal. “Well Marissa. I’ll see you tomorrow with coffee.” As he walked to the door I managed to sputter out. “How did you know how I like my coffee?” He flashed a dimpled grin over his shoulder “I just made it as sweet as you looked. “I just stood there flustered as he closed the door. “What? Tomorrow?!” Shaking my head I headed back to bed. He was so full of it. I chuckled at his persistence. Maybe I’d bake some muffins. Harrumphing I pulled my covers around me. Still think he's fake but he was at least a little fun