110400

Would it be enough if I could never give you peace? (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A gentle click of the door and Minjeong doesn’t startle.

 

Sitting at her piano, her laptop screen lighting up her face, a scatter of papers around her, and a pair of arms on her shoulders.

 

A kiss, light like a feather on her cheek.

 

“Why are you here?” Minjeong doesn’t look.

“Why haven’t you changed your code?” Jimin asks, taking a seat beside Minjeong at the piano. 

 

110400

 

Minjeong watches her silently. The taller girl reaches under the piano and slips off her heels. She shrugs off her coat and pulls down her hood before leaning on Minjeong. Minjeong doesn’t change her ways and she only continues to figure out the lyrics for her new song.

 

“What should I write?”

“Aren’t you always writing about me?” A quick response paired with a lazy smirk earns a scoff. “I’m not wrong, am I?”

“I wish you were.”

 

Jimin’s humming softly and Minjeong’s scribbling on her music sheets.

 

“You should write about the movie we watched.” Jimin says, her chin on Minjeong’s shoulder.

“Which one? Doona or past lives?”

“Why not both?”

“Okay.”


 

When it’s past midnight and almost early in the morning, skin-to-skin and an everlasting chill run through the room again. Minjeong swallows and doesn’t turn around from the wall as she lays in her bed.

 

Jimin is slipping on her heels and pulling her coat over her.

 

“Lock the door.” Minjeong says.

“You should change your code.” Jimin whispers, her voice tickling Minjeong’s ear as the bed dips and she presses a kiss on Minjeong’s ear.

 

Minjeong thinks as the door closes— you know I won’t.

 

Isn’t that why she always comes back?


 


 

The next time Minjeong sees her is at a company meeting, and Minjeong doesn't usually work here, but she was called in as a lyricist.

 

Actress Yu Jimin has decided to go back to her roots of creating music and Minjeong pretends that her presence doesn’t take up the whole room.

 

It’s a blind test for the tracklist and it’s by chance that three of Minjeong’s songs get chosen.

 

Jimin stares right at her and Minjeong wishes she couldn’t recognise her music style.

 

She’s packing up, almost at the door, when she’s called back.

 

“Minjeong-ssi?” It sounds so foreign yet familiar.

“Yes? Jimin-ssi?” Minjeong turns back around and Jimin smirks.

“I’d like to know more about you and your songs.”

 

When they're tangled together on the couch in Minjeong’s recording studio, she thinks:

 

You already know everything about me.



 



 

“How long are we doing this for?” Minjeong asks.

 

They’re sitting across from each other in Minjeong’s apartment. Candlelit dinner and cooked steak to perfection. Jimin had wanted to eat steak after her dance practice and Minjeong could only say yes.

 

“When you change your code,” Jimin giggles and Minjeong sighs.

“I’m serious.”

“I know.” Jimin smiles resignedly.

 

She exhales deeply, taking a sip of her wine.

 

“I don’t know what to do, Min…” Jimin swallows, reaching over to hold Minjeong’s hand and Minjeong lets her. “I’m still scared.”

“I…” Minjeong holds her tongue.

 

She’s always held her tongue.

 

“I miss you.” I want more.

“I’m right here." Jimin smiles softly and Minjeong nods.

“I know.” I want it all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter