T I F F A N Y

When Love begins

 

A/N: Here's the update! I hope you guys enjoy the story as it goes along! :)

 

 

 

"If only I got the chance to commit suicide. I'd rather die than live the rest of my life with an annoying danshin."

 

Tiffany grumbled before taking a sip of her expresso. In front of her sat her bestfriend, looking at her with sympathetic eyes. It was Kwon Yuri, Tiffany's best buddy ever since they became seatmates during junior highschool. Tiffany didn't have true friends before because of her icy attitude, and Yuri was the only one patient enough to stay by her side.

"Tiff, I think you're overreacting. Your wife isn't all that bad."

Tiffany slightly choked as she heard the term Yuri used for Taeyeon. "My wife? Oh please Yuri, call her anything but that."

The tan girl just rolled her eyes as she leaned her back on the chair. She raised an eyebrow when Tiffany suddenly giggled as she fiddled with her cellphone.

"What are you doing?"

"Isn't obvious? I'm texting Kikwang."

Yuri's face grimaced. Kikwang was Tiffany's boyfriend, although they weren't serious about their relationship. It was clear that Tiffany and Kikwang liked each other, but that was it. They were just dating, but nothing more than that. But what bothered Yuri is that this guy only likes Tiffany for her physical appearance, and is somehow trying to find a way to get under her pants. Although Yuri tried reminding Tiffany that Kikwang was big , she wouldn't listen.

"You're still texting him? Fany, you're already married. You have to break off your relationship with him."

"Are you kidding me? I get it that I'm married, but it doesn't mean that I give all my commitment to it. I still like Kikwang and I don't take Taeyeon as my wife. Period."

Yuri sighed. "Will you quit being stubborn and just listen to me for once?"

"Will you stop nagging and just let me do what I want? This is my life."

"Tiff, you know I'm only 'nagging' just because I care for you. It's my duty to look out for you. I'm your bestfriend remember?"

These are one of those moments when Tiffany's heart tends to soften. She glanced up at her bestfriend and sighed. Sometimes she could feel annoyed and irritated by Yuri's occasional scolding and constant nags, but she can't help but admit that she was one of the closest people in her heart. She could not even imagine a life without Yuri.

"Yuri, you know how much I like Kikwang. It already hurt him when I broke the news about me getting engaged. I don't think he'll like it when I end up things between us."

"Tiff, Kikwang's a jerk. I already told you a million times that he's only using you. He doesn't really care about you. He just wants to get you in bed and then he'll leave you for good when he finally gets what he wants!"

Tiffany slammed both of her fists onto the table. "Yuri! How could you say that?! You don't even know him well! Stop accusing him of things like that! He's not like Taecyeon, that idiot ex-boyfriend of yours!"

Once she saw the expression of hurt on Yuri's face, Tiffany knew that she went too far. She sighed and rubbed her temples. She looked at Yuri, who's head was facing the floor. Tiffany hated herself a lot right now, and she felt guilty for yelling at her friend like that. Especially now that she has mentioned Taecyeon's name again.

"Yuri..I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." Yuri sounded crestfallen. "You don't have to apologize. I understand why you said that."

"But still, I shouldn't have brought him up."

"No." Yuri's voice sounded both angry and hurt at the same time. "It's okay. I got over him now."

But Tiffany knew she was lying. Tiffany looked at her friend, guilt starting to overwhelm in her. She placed her hand above Yuri's. But sadly, Yuri removed her hand away. She got up from her seat and avoided to look at Tiffany's eyes.

"I..I better leave. I have to go to work."

Tiffany was about to stand up, but Yuri already walked to the door and left. The Korean-American girl just sighed and lowered her head. She really messed up big time.

 

===

 

Tiffany arrived in front of their condo unit. She stood in front of the door, her trembling hand reaching out for the doorknob. Just as she was to grab it, the door suddenly swinged opened, revealing Taeyeon on the other side. Taeyeon was on her pajamas, which were designed with bunnies and hearts. Tiffany muffled with her hand to prevent herself from bursting out in laughter.

"Haha, very funny now huh?" Taeyeon said sarcastically as she raised an eyebrow. Tiffany ignored her and entered their home, throwing off her sandals somewhere across the room.

"Yah." Taeyeon called out.

Tiffany continued to ignore her and was walking towards the bedroom. But she stopped in her tracks when Taeyeon pulled on her shoulder.

Tiffany shot her a look. "What?" She snapped.

"Your shoes." Taeyeon pointed towards Tiffany's sandals scattered on the living room floor. "Put them somewhere else. You can't just leave them scattered there."

"You have no right to tell me where to put my things."

"I'm just telling you the right thing to do."

"You don't have to."

"Stop acting like a spoiled brat and get your shoes off my living room floor!"

"Wait- what? Did you just say your living room? Hey, my daddy paid for this place too!"

"Yes I know that, but it doesn't mean that you can be messy in this house anytime you want!"

"Stop lecturing me!"

"Stop being so hard-headed!"

Their argument was disturbed by a knock on the door. Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh before walking towards it. When she opened, a tall handsome-looking guy was standing right outside the door.

"Do you need something?" Taeyeon asked a little harsh since she got pissed off with her and Tiffany's fight.

The guy let out a smug smile as he ignored Taeyeon's question and waved towards Tiffany who was standing behind Taeyeon. Tiffany pushed Taeyeon aside before walking towards the guy and giving him a kiss on the lips. Taeyeon was disgusted at the sight that she could have puked right there and then.

"Oh, I'm sorry for being rude. Taeyeon, this is my boyfriend, Kikwang."

The guy flashed a smile which seemed annoying to Taeyeon. "Hi." He greeted.

He wrapped his arms around Tiffany's waist and leaned down to capture her lips. Tiffany kissed back, but she sensed that Taeyeon was watching so she decided to pull away. Kikwang looked dissappointed, but he smiled when Taeyeon was watching them with wide open.

"Hey, do you mind if I borrow Tiffany for a while?" He asked.

Taeyeon scoffed. "You don't even have to ask."

"Well, you are her wife."

"I'm not proud that I am." Taeyeon responded with a scoff. "Go and take her with you for all I care."

With that, Taeyeon slammed the door in front of their faces. She trudged towards the couch and plopped herself down on it. She was about to turn the tv on, when she heard a knock on the door. Taeyeon smirked, she thought Tiffany decided to stay after all. But when she opened the door, a new familiar face popped up in front of her.

"H-Hi?"

Taeyeon was taken aback by the beautiful girl in front of her. Her long hair was dark brown and it curled on its tips. She was taller than Taeyeon, and had a darker skin. Her eyes glimmered under the light and her lips were perfectly pink.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to disturb but does Tiffany Hwang live here?"

"Erm." Taeyeon wasn't able to hear her question since she was too busy staring at the girl in awe.

"Uhh hello?" The girl began waving her hand in front of Taeyeon's face.

"Oh, uhh, yeah she lives here."

The girl examined her from head to foot.

"Do you happen to be her wife then? Are you Kim Taeyeon"

Taeyeon felt irritated at the term 'wife' but she just smiled.

"Yes that's me." She responded, flashing her adorable dorky smile, showing off her white teeth.

The girl immediately grabbed her hand and shook it firmly.

"I'm so glad to finally meet you! By the way, I'm Tiffany's bestfriend. My name is Kwon Yuri."

 

 

 

to be continued.