T A E Y E O N

When Love begins

"I can't believe you forced me into this umma! Why are you even doing this to me?!"

 

Ever since they left their house, Taeyeon kept on whining and blaming her mother for getting her married. They were in her mother's car, driving their way towards the condominium where Taeyeon will be moving in with her new wife. Taeyeon's mother tightened her grip on the steering wheel and focused her eyes on driving. While Taeyeon was busy sulking on her seat as she fumbled with the seatbelt.

"Umma! Are you even listening to me?"

"Taeyeon, would you please shut up for a minute? Can't you see I'm driving? Sheesh."

Taeyeon folded her arms over her chest and glared at the view in front of her. She was in a really bad mood today, especially due to the fact that she'll be living in a new home with a person she disliked her whole life. Taeyeon didn't want or expect this marriage to happen at all. It was if her parents arranged the whole marriage thing behind her back and with a blink of an eye, poof! She just found herself engaged to this girl.

Finally after ten minutes of driving in silence, they arrived at their destination. Taeyeon's mom parked her car at the underground parking lot of the building. She got out of the car and motioned Taeyeon to follow, but Taeyeon remained glued on her position.

"Taeng, will you please get out and help me carry your luggages?"

"No. I'm not moving a finger. I won't be moving in that place."

"Hey, stop being a baby and get your off that seat! Do you want me to get a baseball bat and hit you on the head just to get you out of there?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and cursed under her breath. Angrily, she hopped of the car and trudged towards her mother who handed her the largest luggage. Taeyeon's petite arms struggled to carry the heavy bag.

"Now, bring that up to your unit."

"What floor?" Taeyeon asked in between heavy breaths, her knees wobbling due to the heaviness of the luggage.

"20th floor."

"What the fu-" Taeyeon was about to cuss, but her mother placed a finger on her lips.

"I already told you a thousand times Taeng, do not ever say bad words. And by the way, the manager of this condominium told me that the elevator's broken. So that's why you'll have to take the stairs."

Taeyeon's jaw dropped to the ground.

"Jinjja?"

Her mother let out a loud ajhumma laugh similar to hers. "No. I was just kidding. Now move your and get your things up there!"

 

===

 

"Oh my God."

 

Taeyeon's mouth was left ajar once she and her mother stepped inside her new home. The place was decorated with a lot of stylish and luxurious furnitures and appliances. It was more than anything could ever wish for of her dream house. Taeyeon placed the luggage near the couch before exploring the place. She hopped on the couch, played with the hundred thousand dollar worth flat screen tv, and stared at the expensive paintings hanging on the wall.

"Umma.."

"I know. Your place looks amazing right? Your father and I bought the condominium unit, but Tiffany's father provided all of the furnitures and other things. He's really rich huh?"

Taeyeon could only nod in approvement, still opened in awe. She hurried dashed towards the bedroom door. Once she opened it, she could only let out a shriek once she saw the king-sized bed that lay on the center of the room. Taeyeon plopped herself on the bed and began playing around and wrapping herself with the bedsheets and comforters. Her mother smiled as she watched her daughter moving around in amusement.

"So, you like the place?"

Taeyeon was all-smiling, but when she looked at her mother her expression turned grim.

"Yeah it's great. But that doesn't mean I'm agreeing on staying here."

"You are gonna stay here whether you like it or not."

"But umma! You already forced me on the marriage! Why are you still forcing me to live with her? That's unfair!"

"What's the point of marrying her if you're not going to live under one roof anyway? Sigh, if you want to live, obey my words."

"But umma-"

"Shut. I don't want to hear another word from you. Do you understand?"

Taeyeon could only nod before cursing under her breath. She decided to ignore her mother and went to see the beautiful window at the end of the bedroom. Taeyeon peeked outside and saw the beautiful view of the city of Seoul. She smiled. But just then, her smile turned into a frown once she heard a familiar voice enter the room.

"Mrs. Kim! I'm here!"

"Tiffany!" Taeyeon's mother exclaimed.

Taeyeon turned her head and saw her mother giving a hug to her 'wife'. She rolled her eyes in disgust as she quickly shifted her gaze back to the window. Tiffany seemed to notice Taeyeon's presence, so annoyance boiled up inside of her. But she immediately turned to Taeyeon's mother with a smile on her face.

"You look very beautiful today!"

"Thank you Mrs. Kim." Tiffany said as she slightly blushed at the complement. "I didn't notice that your daughter is also here." She said as she nodded towards the direction of Taeyeon, her eyes expressing a look of disgust and irritability.

"Oh yes. Taeyeon was waiting for you. She was really excited of moving here with you."

"Umma!" Taeyeon yelled. "Don't say that! Stop lying!"

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and faked out a sweet smile. "The truth is Mrs. Kim, I was also looking forward in staying with Taeyeon in under one roof. It'll be a great chance for us to get to know more about each other!"

Taeyeon scoffed. She knew well that all of those words coming out of Tiffany's mouth were just plain lies. Lies that Taeyeon could not bear to hear.

"And I can't wait to do my part as her lovely wife." Tiffany ended, a mischievous devilish smirk forming at the corner of her lips as she winked towards Taeyeon.

Taeyeon could not do anything but gulp. This is the start of her living nightmare.

 

 

to be continued.