Last

EXO is My Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

 

The first thing I see when I wake up is Lu Han’s face  inches away from me, yelping in surprise, I sink myself deeper onto the couch, he smiles, “Good morning.” He greets, unlike me, he doesn’t seem embarrassed or anything upon getting caught doing…

Well maybe he wasn’t trying to do anything, maybe he was just checking my temperature with his forehead. Oh God here we go again with me feeling depressed over nothing.

This is so unfair, he looks so handsome, his hair is still messy, even him with half-lidded eyes is handsome as hell, I don’t understand this human. “Ji?” He calls, “I need to go down for a bit, I prepare breakfast for you. Are you okay to be left alone?”

I nod, “I’m fine.” He’s worrying too much, I mean, what can happen during that short time? He frowns, eyebrows meeting together in the middle of his forehead, “I’m seriously starting to hate the words ‘I’m fine’.”

I laugh, “Why?”

“You always lie using those words.”

I blink, “Am I too obvious?”

“A little bit.” He shrugs, “Or it’s just me that always had my attention on you.”

No lie, my heart thumps when he said it, it’s nothing special, he always seem to have my heart skip a beat whenever he’s around. “I’ll be back.” He smiles before pulling the door close.

I smile before averting my gaze to my dad, approaching him, I grab his hand, lacing his fingers with mine, “Good morning.” I greet, smiling at him. “Hey.” To my surprise, he replies, slowly, his eyes go wide open. My eyes freeze upon seeing his eyes, it looks different.

“Ji. This might be… the last time I talk to you.” He says in one breath, his hand gripping on mine tightly, “I love you, my daughter… I love you, Ji Hyun and mom…” He coughs, “I’m sorry… I can’t be with you all…”

“Dad, what are you saying? You’re getting better! You can speak!! You will be cured from this illness!!” I quickly interfere.

“No, Ji Kyung…” He shakes his head. “I know my body best… I want to go home… I want to go back… I want to rest… It hurts…”

My heart drops at his words, “I want you, my angels to live happily… even when I’m not by your side... I want you, my angels… to let me go with happy hearts…”

“Don’t cry... I want your smiling face to be my last memory here…”

I feel his hand leaving mine, my body can’t move, I see him… taking out all the IV, the needles, he’s taking them out one by one, “I want you… to take this off…” He says, it’s his source of oxygen, “Take this off with a smile…”

“I… I’m going to call the doctor-“ I stammer over my words, I can’t let that happen, I won’t let him die. A warm chest greets me, “Ji.” Lu Han’s soothing voice takes over, “Take that off.”

I can’t believe this, why does Lu Han say it? Why? “He’s hurting, Ji. It’s his last wish.” He whispers, wiping my tears away with his thumbs, he turns me over, towards my father.

It’s his last wish.

My hands tremble, I can’t do this, I feel a pair of strong arms guiding mine, I take a deep breath, smile, smile Ji Kyung. I force out a smile, my father is looking right at me, “Take care, Papa.” I lean in and kiss his forehead, “I love you.” I whisper, and lift the cable from his nose.

“Me, too.”

It’s his last words, it sounds so clear, and from that moment on, everything goes in slow motion, I hear the doctor and nurses coming inside the room, I feel Lu Han’s arms around my body, I see the waves and beeping sound of my father’s heartbeat, disappears, together with my consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

The boys’ schedule that day was fortunately free, so they can be by Ji Kyung’s side, because they knew she needed them the most that time. Kris and Lay were fetching Ji Hyun and her mom at the airport, meanwhile the rest stayed with Ji Kyung.

Both Lu Han and Ji Kyung kept quiet about the whole thing. Lu Han knew her feeling, after all, he had done the exact same thing to his grandpa. He used to think that he murdered his own grandpa, but thinking of it now, it was his grandpa wish, and now, he didn’t regret it the slightest bit. And he hoped Ji Kyung felt the same way, too.

Ji Kyung hadn’t cried a single tear after she woke up. She thought it wasn’t the right time when the only one who could take care of the funeral was her, Ji Hyun and her mom hadn’t arrived, yet.

She sighed and looked down, just then, a warm big hand slip into hers, she hoped it was Lu Han, but the one she saw instead was Se Hun. He didn’t say anything, he didn’t say the ‘I’m sorry for your lost’ courtesy, he didn’t ask if she was okay or not, and she was glad. Because she didn’t want to talk.

But his presence was enough for her. She felt him squeezing her hand, trying to say that everything was gonna be okay. She smiled at him, though she wasn’t sure.

If everything would ever be okay for her anymore.

 

 

Ji Hyun and her mom arrived, they both cried, and that day, Ji Hyun didn’t bother hiding it anymore, “What happened?”

Ji Kyung looked at her sister and mother, just right then, the pain in her chest doubled, overwhelming her, and she couldn’t held it in anymore, “He said it hurts.” She started, “He said he wanted t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter