0.1

Falling for the wrong-ish (Markhyuck)

(Mark Lee)

The number one thing I promised myself when I moved to Korea was to not fall in love again……

And I did…… it.

 

If you ask your 5-year-old self what the number one thing you want to do when you grow up is, you will hear “I want to be a chef” or “I want to be a babysitter “or “I want to be a housewife”. But for me it’s……. “I want to be a CEO….” I want to be CEO aka Chief executive officer. (Well, let’s just say I used to) but this is what 5-year-old me wanted at the time. Everyone looked at me with shocked faces. It means nothing but someone's face did, and I wish I never saw that handsome face…… but I did.

Canada was where it all started…… that was the start of my life. Well, now it is. When I first got told that I was moving on my own to Korea I didn’t think much of it, I mean I can speak the language thanks to my parents, and I’ve been there more than once. So, I think I got this in the bag…… but I was wrong…… VERY wrong.

They made me stay with my older brother (or should I say, I made them let me stay with him). I was always close to my older brother; I look up to him and still due to this day. The reason why he doesn’t live with us is because my parents are just being dumb and …… he’s gay.

He moved out when I was 5. And that the way my parents found out was what they call “you don’t need to know the weird thing Markie…… just stay away from him”. But now that am 18 and can go to places by myself, I can live with him and his new boyfriend whom I just got to know about after a long time of my life. And this is my brother’s second boyfriend. I don’t know anything about his first and I don’t think I will because I don’t, he wants to talk about it…… maybe he will but I’ll give him some time to tell me…… I am not like my parents anyway……. I am nothing like them, and never will be……. All because of a secret I have……...

They wouldn’t like it……. But as if I give a .

It’s my life after all.

My brother and I secretly text each other every day and every night, and we start planning how I can get to Korea…… this is how the whole “moving to Korea thing” all started. But my parents don’t know about this whole thing (of course) I just found a way to let me “learn about my Korean” side of the family tree. They didn’t like it at first (because my brother was there) but I used the “am 18 and I can do whatever I want” card and it worked. And they had no choice but to let me stay with my brother and his boyfriend.

Which I’m so excited for.

I’ve never actually left Canada before……

So, this is going to be easy but hard……

But…… if I have my brother and make new friends then I won’t have to be alone……

I can do this……

(Or so I thought……)