Chapter 1

Two sided love
Japanese words in this book Okiru (おきる) = Wake up Ittekimasu = See you/ill be back Itterasshai = see you/take care Chapter 1 first Day «Yui, Wake up! You’re going to be late!” “YUI!” I hear three knocks on the doorframe and my name again. “Yui, Okiru!” “Huh” I respond. “OKIRU!” “I’m up, I’m up!” I say half awake. I feel the blanket over me being taken away. “Noooo, it’s cold!” I complain. “Yui, get up! You're going to be late!” my mom says. “What do you mean late?” I Say sleepy. I stop hearing my name, my eyes go wide open as I realize it’s the first day at the new school. “MOM WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!” I rush past my mom who looks like she's about to give me up. I rush back into my room to get dressed, then to the kitchen to make some food. “LOVE YOU, MOM! ITTEKIMASU!” I scream as I rush out the door with food in my mouth and the backpack halfway on. “ITTERASSHAI!” I hear my mom shout behind me. I have never been that fast before, I think while I'm still in a rush. **** “SORRY, I’M LATE!” I apologize. The teacher let out a little laugh as I bow deep. “AND THIS IS OUR NEW STUDENT!” the teacher shouts out to the class. “Why don’t you introduce yourself?” the teacher says and gives me a little nudge on my side. “Yeah of course!” I respond “I’m Yui, Yui Nakamura! I moved here from Japan!” I try to say it loud enough so everyone can hear. “Thank you, Yui! You can go sit with Milo” the teacher says smiling “MILO RAISE YOUR HAND SO YUI CAN SEE WHERE YOU ARE!” the teacher shouts out in the room. I see a boy with black fluffy hair that is blond in the front. I walk to him and sit down. “So, you are from Japan?” Milo asks, I nod “That’s pretty cool” Milo says interested. the teacher walks up to where me and Milo are sitting. “Milo, can you show Yui around?” she asks, “Yes of course!” Milo responds smiling a bit. The teacher nods and smiles then walks away. Milo grabs my hand, and we walk out the door. “Okay, so this is the art room, all the rooms have a different color on the door or something that makes the door different, so as long as you remember the color to the class, you’ll be good” Milo explains while pointing at the different doors. “Have you got a locker yet?” Milo asks I shake my head in response. He grabs my hand again and he drags me to some lockers. He opens a locker that seems to be his. “Here, you can have your stuff in my locker until you get one, it usually takes some time before you get lockers here. Trust me!” he says, stepping a bit to the side so I could see the inside of the locker. “Thanks!” I say and bow. Milo smiles “What?” I ask. He laughs a little “It’s cute” he says then closes the locker and walks to a green door. It's cute?! That I bow? People that are not from Japan are weird! “Are you coming?” Milo asks loudly “Yeah, sorry!” I apologize. “This is the math room, the yellow door over there is the science room and the dark purple door is English” Milo says pointing at each door, I nod and look at each door trying to memorize them. Milo grabs my hand again and he almost runs down some stairs. “This is the Music room” he says pointing at the orange door. “History is the blue door and light purple is art and crafts, Oh yeah! And PE is over there” he points. “And here’s the cafeteria” he says pointing at a place with a lot of tables and even more chairs. “Want to eat lunch together? It's only about 30 until lunch” Milo asks. I nod and give a little bow. He smiles at me then looks away. “So, tell me more about yourself. I only know you're from Japan, your name is Yui Nakamara, and you came late to class” Milo smirks. I give him a little stare before I start introducing myself. “I have a little sister named Jasmine and my mom is from Japan, I really like the color” I say before Milo cuts me off “What about your dad?” Milo asks. “He’s no longer with us” I say. I make it clear to him that I don’t really want to talk about it “I’m sorry” Milo apologizes, “It’s fine” I respond. “Okay, so you really liked what color?” Milo asks trying to get the conversation going again. I smile “Purple, Pastel purple to be exact” I smile. We talk and laugh some more. I can’t help but notice how soft his hair looks, it looks like those soft but super expensive stuffed animals. “And what are you guys doing here? Don’t you have a class to be in?” a voice suddenly says from behind us. I turn around to see a man that looks a little old. He’s wearing some shorts that look way too tight and a dark and light blue striped t-shirt with a white collar under. “I’m sorry Mr. Treusch! Ms. Maria told me to show this new student around” Milo quickly explains. Treusch looks at me with a serious expression on his face before he smiles at me. “Nice to meet you, I’m Treusch” he says holding his hand in front of me. “I’m Yui, Yui Nakamura” I say shaking his hand. Treusch smiles and nods then walks away. “That’s our PE teacher, he is really strict” Milo says when Mr. Treusch is out of sight. I nod, “The teacher in art class is Maria. She's really kind” Milo continues, I nod again. Were quiet for a while. There's quiet in this school. I turn to look at Milo, but he’s already looking at me. he quickly looks away and so do I. I wait a bit before I turn back to look at him to tell him something. I open my mouth to say something but get interrupted by the school bell. “Oh, it's lunch now!” Milo says excitedly. “Did you bring lunch?” he asks me. my eyes go wide open when I realize I was in such a rush this morning that I forgot to make lunch. “I forgot” I murmured as I looked down at the floor. “You can have some of mine, I packed extra” Milo says smiling. He reaches out to grab my hand again, but before he reaches my hand someone yells his name. “MILO, I FORGOT MY LUNCH AGAIN!” some guy screamed. Milo quickly pulls his hand away from mine. He gets this bitter look on his face as he answers the guy. “Sorry Jackson, but I was going to give it to Yui, she’s new and forgot her food” Milo says. The guy snorts. “Fine” The guy leans towards Milo’s ear and whispers something I can’t hear. Milo doesn’t respond to whatever the guy says, instead, he grabs my hand and walks away. “Who was that?” I ask as I'm trying to keep up with Milo’s speed. “My brother” Milo explained. He didn’t seem so happy about it. “He’s not like that at home, but at school, he’s a ing idiot!” Milo Snapped. He sits down on the ground and buries his face in his hands. I stand there, I don’t know if I should say anything or not. “At school, he bosses me around, takes my lunch, and thinks that every girl I talk to is my girlfriend!” Milo says. “I've never been so good at comforting, I’m just clumsy” I reply, like that makes him feel any better. Milo let out a short laugh before he gets up from the ground. “Still want lunch?” He asks. I smile and nod.