Free Fall

Always with You (Drabbles)

-:-Lee JinKi X Kim GwiBoon-:-
-:-이 진기 X 김 귀분-:-

 

“JinKi,” GwiBoon said warningly, waving her arms a little to keep her balance. “When are you going to let me see?”

“When we get there,” I said, laughing a little as I carefully led her forward over the rocks. “I promise I won’t let anything happen to you,” I continued, pressing a kiss to her chocolate curls. “I just want this to be a surprise.”

“What’s so special that you’re trying to show me?” she whined, scrunching her nose up. It was so cute when she did that. “You drove me out into the middle of nowhere, and now you’re taking me on a hike,” she huffed. “Baby, you know I don’t like exercise.”

“I hardly think forty feet counts as exercise,” I laughed, leading her a few more steps forward before stopping. “Or a hike.”

“Well I didn’t know we’d be stopping so soon,” she mumbled, blushing and crossing her arms. “Can I take this thing off?”

I moved to stand in front of her, reaching back to untie the scarf. “Better?” I asked, smiling at her as she blinked to readjust to the light.

“Yes, better,” she grumbled, fixing her bangs and glaring my way. “Why would you do that? You knew it would mess up my hair.”

I just smiled wider, reaching out to try and help her. “Well, nobody is out here but us,” I said softly, running my fingers through her hair. “And you know that I think you’re beautiful no matter what your hair looks like.”

She huffed a little, blushing again as she pushed my hands away. “Yah, you sweet talker you,” she said, trying to sound stern, but failing since she was smiling. “What’d you bring me out here to see?”

“I wanted to show you something I found while I was messing around with JongHyun the other day,” I explained, moving behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist. I nudged her a little, encouraging her to walk forward. “If we go between these two trees here...there’s something really pretty.”

She hummed a little, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together. “This better be good,” she said, looking at me. ‘Or no chicken for a week,’ went unspoken, but it was implied.

I just smiled again, kissing her cheek and tugging her forward. “It’s really pretty, you’ll like it,” I promised.

I kept her close to me as we passed the trees, not wanting them to catch her hair or clothes. It would have made me a bad boyfriend, which I definitely wasn’t.

“Oh JinKi,” she breathed as we cleared the trees. “It’s beautiful.”

“Isn’t it?” I asked, smiling and holding her close. “I wanted you to see it.”

“There’s so many flowers,” she said, looking around at the wildflowers that were in bloom. “I’ve never seen so many flowers at once.”

“See? I knew you would like it,” I murmured, pulling her farther out into the small field.

“I really do love it,” she said, smiling the most breathtaking smile. “Thank you for bringing me out here,” she whispered, reaching up to kiss me quickly. “Even if I whined about it the whole time,” she laughed. “Although...why did you tell me to wear my swimming suit?” 

I tried not to seem nervous as I lead her around several bushes, the lake coming into view. “Um...this is why,” I mumbled, squeezing her hand.

She froze up almost instantly. “JinKi you know I’m afraid of heights,” she whispered, trying to tug her hand out of mine.

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close even though she was trying to run. “It’s only an eight foot drop GwiBoon,” I said softly, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “Only eight feet. But it’s still exciting, and the water isn’t that cold. It’s really fun, and not scary, I promise.”

“It’s scary,” she protested, trying to pull away. “I’m not jumping off of that.”

I cupped her face in my hands, moving so I was between her and the drop. “You wanted to get over your fear, right?” I asked softly, smiling a little.

She bit her lip, looking torn. “...Yes,” she admitted, not meeting my eyes.

I smoothed my thumbs over her cheeks, smiling wider. “Then do this with me. I’ll be here. The whole time. And we’ll only go once. But it’ll be a start, right?”

“I’m scared,” she mumbled, wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Don’t be,” I said, rubbing her arms and taking a step back, pulling her with me. “Think of it as an adventure...a challenge. Do you back down from those?”

She took a deep breath and I could almost see the gears turning in her head. “What do I get if I do this?” she asked, smirking a bit.

“Whatever you want,” I said, grinning. “That’s within my price range,” I added as an afterthought, laughing a little.

“Something specific,” she clarified, hesitantly stepping around me to peer over the edge.

I grabbed her hand, bringing it to my lips and kissing her palm softly. “I’ll take you to the fanciest dinner I can afford. Candles, wine, roses,” I murmured, smiling over at her. “Since if you do this, you’ll definitely deserve it.”

“...You’ll jump with me, right?” she asked, glancing up at me.

I smiled reassuringly. “Of course. I’ll be right here beside you the entire time. I would never make you go alone.”

She gave me a small smile. “Then...then let’s go,” she said, placing her hand in mine.

I nodded, holding onto her hand tightly as we stepped up to the edge.

“Hana...deul...set!”

We jumped.

 

 

 

A/N: Cliched, I know OTL But I hope you liked it anyway <3 I actually had fun writing it ^^
I'll put up a picture someday if I can edit one nice enough, or find one OTL

And this is quite possibly the fluffiest thing I've written in my entire life. Let me know if I failed.