FHEL 2

Forever has Eight Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin snapped his fingers in front of his co-worker who was spacing out. Baekhyun looked at him and shot him a gentle smile, something the other admired in the older.

No matter how hard things were, he always smiled; never complained, and always looked at the good in everything. But Jongin was angry; angry at how the world treated an angel.

“Hyung, you keep spacing out. Everything alright?” Baekhyun nodded with a smile and went back to washing the dishes. The two friends worked in a café near their apartment.

Jongin was about three years younger than Baekhyun and in college. He did part times at a dance studio and the café to pay for his tuition fees and rent. His parents had thrown him out when he came out to them.

“You’re a disease, Kim Jongin!” his father had screamed when he was done telling his parents how he was attracted to boys and not girls. His mother slapped him, hard, he could only stare at her dumbfoundedly. It was the first time, the first time his mother- in her entire life- had raised her hands at him.

“Mom…”

“Get out!” was all she said and Jongin did. He needed love and respect and he knew he would not find it in his parents.

Jongin and Baekhyun did not meet under the best circumstances. He met the older when he needed a little sugar. He had kept knocking and went in when he realised the door was not locked.

He had found Baekhyun passed out in his apartment and saw the little bottle right beside him. Jongin was swift to dial 119 and luckily, Baekhyun did survive.

“Why did you save me?”

“Why did you decide to pull through?”

Baekhyun’s eyes went glassy as his hand unconsciously went to caress his stomach, “I don’t know.” Jongin gently squeezed his shoulder, “I think you do.”

The older began reciting everything, about his lover who had disappeared, leaving him to fend alone for their baby. Jongin as well explained his story and slowly the two became good friends in no time.

He was there when Taehyung was born. Jongin took pride in knowing it was he who had held Taehyung for the first time. He loved the little ball of sunshine more than anything and the beautiful rectangle smile he shared with his parent.

But Baekhyun only saw the giant ears and cried hard. The student had been by his side helping him with the baby since he was sure Baekhyun could never do it alone.

Jongin helped him buy the things for the baby like the formulas, diapers and everything. Despite Baekhyun stubbornly turning him down, the dancer was persistent. So the elder could only sigh and nod in the end.  

When Taehyung was a little older, Jongin convinced the new parent to leave his child with the kind old lady next door. Mrs. Choi absolutely loved babies and little Taehyung had the most special part in her heart.

In the beginning, Baekhyun was anxious about leaving his baby with someone and going to work but soon got used to it. He saw it was good for him to have a change of scenery though it was not much.

He knew he had to raise his baby well and he realised he had to start standing up.

_____

Jongin knocked on his neighbour’s door with a bright smile on his face. Oh, how much he loved the boy to bits. Seeing he got no reply, he punched in passcode before letting himself in.

“Baekhyun Hyung?” No response. He furrowed his brows. Even if Baekhyun could not answer, he would have heard the two little chubby feet on the floor waddling towards him.

Nothing.

Walking into the bedroom cautiously, he saw Baekhyun on the bed, eyes ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter