Final

Love and Other Foreign Words

There was definitely something between them. They just didn’t name the relationship.

 

Taemin poured some cereal to his bowl. Standing in front of his kitchen table, stirring blankly.

 

He was a little startled when a pair of big hands wrapped around his torso. 

“What are you gonna do today?” Minho’s chin on Taemin’s shoulder. Taemin’s hair tickling Minho’s face.

“Practicing piano, I guess?” Taemin started to enjoy his cereal.

 

Minho tucked Taemin’s hair to the back of Taemin’s ear.

“Can I watch?” A light peck was planted on Taemin’s neck.

“Ok.” 

 

Another light peck, followed by a harder one. Taemin was sure it would leave a mark later. He cursed himself for leaning to the touch, liking the warm coming from the other.

“What are you doing?” 

“Marking you.”

 

After a few spoons of cereal, Minho turned Taemin’s face and kissed him lazily. Taemin protested but didn’t push him away. 

 

“I want to have you so bad.” Minho whispered, kissing him again.

 

That day Taemin practiced “Hate Everything” with his piano. Minho watched with a proud smile. 

 

“Random thought, I didn’t know you are into boys, hyung.”

“Me too, until I met you.”

 

Minho told Taemin his failed relationship with a famous female idol. Taemin asked Minho to spill the girl’s name already.  

 

It turned out that Minho’s ex was actually Krystal. Taemin gasped because the same girl was the cause of his breakup with Kai. And at the same time Krystal was dating Minho. They broke up because of the same reason. Minho just didn’t know that the guy Krystal spent the night was Kai. Taemin too didn’t want to tell him.

 

“So Krystal is your type. I see.”

“Well, she is gorgeous.”

“Yeah indeed.”

“But I can’t tolerate my partner for cheating. So you too, Taeminah. Do not ever think on cheating on me!” That sentence just slipped out of Minho’s mouth.

“We are not even dating, hyung. I can do anything I want.” Taemin laughed. 

 

Minho was tensed. Taemin was right but Minho didn’t like to hear it out loud. 

 

Never in his life, he wanted to have someone so bad. Was he obsessed? Probably. However this was a good kind of obsession.

 

“Date me then.”

“The answer is obvious. No.” Taemin smiled, squeezing Minho’s hand.

 

The realization always hit hard. Was Minho the only one in love? Why did it have to be Minho who initiate skinship? But why did Taemin kiss him back? Why didn’t he push Minho away? Did Taemin feel anything for him?

 

“You are so confusing.” Minho said in a low tone, he met Taemin’s eyes.

“Am I?”

“Hmmm.” Silence. Their eyes met again, noone looked away. “Tell me you don’t love me. Then I will move on.” Minho whispered, caressing Taemin’s smaller hand.

 

That made Taemin thinking hard. Did Taemin hurt Minho? It made Taemin regret what he said.

 

“Hyung,”

“Yes?” Minho was ready with whatever answer Taemin was gonna tell him.

 

“Honestly I…” paused, “I don’t want you to move on.”

“Am I supposed to be happy to hear that? What does that even mean? Be more specific please. Are we dating or not?” Minho was a bit impatient.

 

“Well, there is no doubt that I love the idea of us in a relationship,” Taemin started carefully, “but the fact that we are both singers, things won’t be easy.” 

 

Taemin didn’t want to ruin Minho’s career. Minho loved his job and he was born to be an idol and actor. He worked really hard to be in this position. Taemin should protect him.

 

“Fine, then…” Minho was about to get up from his seat.

“Still,” Taemin stopped him from leaving, “I guess we can date privately?” both paused. 

 

Taemin was not sure if it was the right choice. But that was the heart talking.

 

“hyung? What do you think?”

 

Minho was still confused. Did he hear it right? Did Taemin just accept him as a boyfriend? 

 

“Is that a yes?”

Taemin nodded. Minho smiled ear to ear, like he was the happiest person in the entire galaxy.

 

“Oh I love you so much.” 

Minho crashed their lips and smiling to the kiss.

 

Sure there would be bumpy road ahead, but right now both of them only wanted to enjoy this moment.

 

***

 

A/N

 

So how is the ending? Is it too rush? Sorry if it doesn’t meet your expectation. And btw I always have this pacing issue. Not to mention my poor english. 

 

I just wanna say, I’m very thankful to all who read this ff.  Thanks for all your kind words. Support Guilty and keep Palestine in your prayer. Love you all.