Chapter 1

Love and Other Foreign Words

After debuting as a solo singer, doing a promotion in every music show, and being a guest in every variety show for a whole month, finally Minho has a proper rest. Knowing how much hard work his manager did during those tiring days, Minho offered him a relaxing vacation in Jeju.

 

“My friend recommended me a really nice cafe. We should go there.” Said manager hyung, once they arrived at the airport.

“Fine.”

 

The weather was really nice that day. Minho didn’t really want to explore the island honestly. He visited simply to have a good sleep and enjoy delicious food.

 

“We are here. Let’s grab something for lunch.” Manager hyung must be really hungry. 

“It’s nice, hyung.”

 

Both chose the table with beach view. Now it just felt like vacation. The cafe itself was a book cafe with a little artistic vibes. They had this grand vintage looking piano and of course  alot of books. Some inspirational quotes also written on the wall.

 

It was not lunch time yet, but some tables were already reserved. 

 

Minho and manager hyung couldn’t help but amazed with the view. They just stayed there and enjoyed the ambience for a few minutes. However their stomach couldn’t wait too long. 

 

Because they were in Jeju, of course they had to eat broiled black pork and seafood ramyeon. 

 

While the foods were being cooked in the kitchen, there was this little girl trying to play the piano. She started to play the basic notes of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with her tiny fingers, rewarded by her mother’s applause. 

 

Minho didn’t really watch the whole scene but a few seconds later he was surprised how the performance suddenly increased to a whole different level, like chopin etude level. Now he couldn’t hide the curiousity. He looked toward the piano. There he saw the same little girl playing side by side with a certain guy in his 25 probably. Minho couldn’t really see clearly without his contact lense, but even with blurry eyes Minho could guess the guy was handsome.

 

The girl beside him looked so impressed by how smooth the guy played the piano. Well Minho was impressed too. All eyes were on them and they gave applause even standing ovation to the performance. The guy ruffled the girl’s hair, who was staring at him with a blink blink eyes and mouth wide open.

 

The guy stood up and went to the kitchen area. So Minho guessed, that guy could be the waiter here.

 

 “Woaaaah, that’s cool.” Manager hyung commented.

 

Few minutes later the piano guy served their foods on the table. Minho now could see the slim figure clearly. But he swore to God he didn’t observe him like the way he tied his two toned hair in a half bun ponytail. Or the way he rolled up his shirt sleeves. Or the unmatched earrings and  thumb ring he wore. Or his ripped black jeans  that fit perfectly. Or the high nose bridge and the binding smile on his perfect plump lips. Or maybe the pale skin. Or the soft baby like scent he had. Once again Minho swore, he didn’t observe him.

 

“Would you like anything else?” The guy asked with a polite smile.

“That’s all, thanks.” Manager hyung aswered.

“Then please let me know if you need anything else.”

“Sure.”

 

The guy just about to leave their tanle when Minho said suddenly, “you are very talented by the way.”

 

The guy looked at him, “I still have a lot to learn, but thank you so much.” He said humbly.

 

Manager hyung realized the look Minho gave to the younger guy. 

 

“Ya. Are you flirting again? Don’t even start, Minho.“ 

Minho responded with a loud laugh. “What do I do hyung? He is so attractive.”

His manager almost hit him on the face. Minho still laughing hard.

 

Minho never disappoint if it comes to work. But he caused a lot of troubles in the past. Too many dating rumors that gave too much headache to his manager. Most of them were true, because really, Minho was a player.

 

This time too, he already set his target. He always got whoever he wanted anyway.

 

Minho’s eyes followed the guy who was busy serving foods to the customers tables. When he went to the table beside Minho’s, Minho could hear the girls flirt with him shamelessly.

 

“Taemin oppa, can you play one more song?”

“Since you are our regular customer, I will gladly play any song you want me to. What song is it?” So his name is Taemin.

“Im in Love from Brown Eyed Girl Narsha.”

“Sure.”

 

There again Taemin showed off his skills. And of course another round of applause was heard the whole place. The girl was smiling from ear to ear. “Happy birthday to me,” she said with both hands on her chest, feeling her heartbeat.

 

“Beautiful.” Minho mumbled.

“The song is sure beautiful.”Taemin said while putting the bill on Minho’s table.

“No. You. You are beautiful.”

The manager coughed on his coffee. Taemin himself was only smiling, looking straight to Minho’s eyes.

“Thanks.” 

 

The manager then hit Minho’s head. “Ya!” Manager hyung shouted. “Can you just behave?”

“That hurts hyung. Calm down. I can handle this.”

“What do you think you can handle? Arrrrrgggggh. I knew this vacation is a bad idea.”

 

***

 

Minho and manager went to the hotel after lunch. Both of them were exhausted. So they decided to take a nap. Minho woke up to the snoring sound of his manager. It was almost 7pm. He decided to go to the gym.

 

However when he saw a certain Taemin in a restaurant he passed by, he suddenly changed his destination.

 

From afar Minho could see Taemin trying to chase away a guy from his table. So Minho approached them.

 

“Sorry, he is with me.” Said Minho. The guy sent Minho a deadly look, but he didn’t care.

Minho sat across Taemin.

“We meet again, Taeminah.”

 

Taemin was somehow different from the Taemin he met earlier in the cafe. He was cold. He only looked up to see Minho for a second, and continue to read his book again. 

 

“What are you reading?” Minho asked, trying to get his attention.

 “1984.” Taemin answered, drinking his wine.

“What is it about?”

“A novel?”

“Yeah.”

“You like novel?”

“Yeah.”

“What is it about?”

 

Taemin finally looked up again. His eyeliner a bit shaky. “Can you please not ask too many question?”

 

Taemin was annoyed. It was his time to read. He tried to find a quite place, yet people just kept coming to him.

 

“I will just keep asking question until I get your full attention, Taeminah.”

“Fine.” Taemin closed his book. “What do you want?”

“Your attention. I told you.”

 

Minho was smiling, no, smirking. He was amused by this version of Taemin. He looked so different. 

 

Minho could see an inviting collarbone peeking from under the black leather jacket. 

 

“You are no different from the guy earlier?” Taemin smirked.

“What do you mean?”

“I know what you want. You want to get into my pants. Im so sick of people like you.” 

“Can’t say no to that.” Minho confessed honestly. “But I want to enjoy the chase too. I have two weeks here, you know.” Minho continued.

“Sounds good, Choi Minho ssi.” 

“You know?”

“Obviously.”

 

That was unexpected. All of Minho’s girlfriends always agreed to go on a date with him because he is not just anyone. Yet this Taemin didn’t seem to care.

 

A guy who looked like the same age as Minho suddenly approached Taemin.

“Taeminah, it’s your turn to perform. You promised me already.” 

“Hyung, my friend here is a great singer, so i promise he can do better than me. Right?” Taemin shot Minho a “just ing say yes to him” look. Minho coudn’t reject him.

 

When Minho just about to go on stage, Taemin left without saying anything.

 

Key, the owner observed Minho carefully, “you are Choi Minho, right?”

“People told me I look like him.” Minho answered.

Key laughed, “well whatever. But if you try to flirt with Taemin, I would say, it’s not going to be easy. You might fall really hard for him. I have seen a lot of cases like that.”

“Interesting. I can’t give up just like this.”

“I love that spirit. You can see him everyday in his father’s cafe by the way.”

 

Key thanked Minho for singin in front of his customers. An experienced singer indeed.

 

***

Taemin was cleaning the table when Minho came again early in the morning.

 

“Are you busy?” Minho approached him.

“Good morning, Sir. We are not open yet.” The polite Taemin was back. It made Minho laugh.

“What are you doing, trying to act nice, after forcing me to perform for free last night? My fee is expensive, Taeminah. You must pay me.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about, Sir.” Taemin tried to avoid Minho, going to the other table.

“You owed me a date, Taemianah.” 

“I’m very busy right now, Sir.” Taemin tried to calm.

“Dinner with me then.”

“I will be very busy tonight too, Sir.” Taemin told the other waiters to go to the kitchen, as they watched him and Minho.

“Buy me coffee then.”

“Coffee on the house it is. But before that, please promise me one thing, Sir.” Taemin then leaned closer to whisper in Minho’s ear, made Minho flinch a little, “don’t you ing disturb me while I’m ing working.”

 

Minho really just stayed in his table while watching Taemin. He called Taemin a few times to order more foods or only to annoy him.

 

“What again, Sir?” Taemin hold his anger.

“Why dont you untie your ponytail, Taeminah? Let me see you with your hair down.”

“Tha’s such a random and absurd request, Sir. I dont think I can do that.”

 

***

 

The next day Minho even walked Taemin to his house. But Taemin felt like he was being FOLLOWED by the later. That’s two different situation.

 

The day after that Minho didn’t visit Taemin in his cafe.  Taemin thought Minho gave up already. But he was more than shocked when he found the exact Choi Minho having dinner with his parents, in his house.

 

“Minho is here, Taeminah. Come join us.”

Taemin almost hit Minho with his car key when Minho winked from the table.

 

That night was Taemin’s parents movie night. So they left in a hurry.

 

“What are you doing here?” Taemin asked after finish his dinner.

“I came to visit your parents. They are very kind.”

“Then you should go now, my parents left already.” Taemin raised his voice.

“I told Mr and Mrs Lee, I will stay here tonight.”

“Are you crazy?” Taemin was mad. Minho laughed.

 

Taemin excused himself to shower with his not so polite voice. He hoped Minho gone once he finished showering.

 

“.”

Taemin cursed when he found Minho in his bedroom, reading one of his book.

 

Minho laughing, then stopped suddenly when he saw Taemin in his oversized white t shirt and sweatpants. Minho approached Taemin all of sudden, cornering him to the wall, and then inhaling his shampoo on his wet messy hair.

 

“You know what. You are so hot right now, Taeminah. I feel like kissing you.”

“You ert.” Taemin was trapped. Both hands held by Minho on the wall.

“I’m serious.” Minho’s lips on Taemin’s crown.

“Stop it, you crazy.”

“What about another deal? Lunch with me. Tomorrow.”

“Deal. Now let me go.”

“Good boy.” Monho let go of Taemin’s hands and walked to the door, “Now I’ll get going. Tell your parents my gratitude for letting me join dinner.”

“Whatever.”

“Oops I forgot Taeminah.”

“What?”

He turned to Taemin and pecked Taemin’s forehead without warning.

“Yaaaaaa.” Taemin threw a pillow right to his face.

 

***