Prologue

Haunted House Escapade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yerim was entering university, which meant that she had to move to the city and rent out an apartment, which meant her savings for the past 2 years was going down the drain, which meant she was now broke, which meant she had to find a job soon or anything that'll give her easy money.

 

Cue the reality show that she signed up for with a promise of a hefty amount of money if she lasts 3 whole nights in a "haunted house".

 

She didn't even think she'd get picked; she sent out her name in a ballot for funsies, so when she got a call saying she was their new contestant, she tried to ghost the unknown number thinking it was a scam.

 

(It wasn't a scam. The producer had to drive 4 hours from the city to go to the Kim's to convince her to go because apparently the executives thought she'd be an amazing feature.

 

It didn’t make sense why they had to fetch her all the way from her house.

 

Then she found out her friends, Sooyoung and Seulgi, sent them a "demo reel of her comedy skills", whatever the that meant, and decided she was going to rack in viewers.)

 

So here she was now, with a bag of clothes and essentials, standing in front of this massive mansion in the middle of nowhere.

 

She was told that everything was free during her stay, and that the town was just 30 minutes away and she had her own personal driver that could drive her there in the daytime. 

 

There was also an allowance and a curfew.

 

(They didn't mention this, but she didn't care. Free money was free money, after all. Her broke was just glad there's easy money like this for her.)

 

Apparently, she was to come home at 5pm, and she could do whatever she wanted before that. She was, however, limited to only the town 30 minutes away, and cannot divulge any information about the haunted house while she was there. She was given enough money to buy groceries, some clothes maybe, and some stuff that would make her short stay comfortable.

 

That and the constant cameramen who followed her wherever she went.

 

(Another part of the contract was that she was going to be filmed the entire time. The cameramen were there in the mornings and afternoons, and the security cameras they installed were where they would get their content when it's dark.

 

It was just 2 days and 3 nights, so she didn't care. It wasn't like she was planning on doing anything else than snacking, binge watching some shows she had been meaning to, and look for cheaper apartments near her school so she could just walk instead of commute.

 

No doubt the cash prize from this stupid escapade was bound to give her enough for at least a couple months of rent.

 

Again, easy money.)

 

Maybe there was that certain comfort that she didn't believe in ghosts or anything related to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter