Chapter 1 - I Am Scared

My Dying Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm not afraid."

"I'm Yoon Seon-a, I'm not afraid."

What she told herself in her head was not true. 

In fact, she was terrified. Yet when she looked into the eyes of Jae-won, who was looking at her so encouragingly, it made her persona even stronger. 

To the point her fears were nonexistent and buried in the very back of her brain. 

The man held her hand, both of them paddling their surfboards with the other. 

"Get ready, we're gonna have to stand up soon," Jae-won informed as his eyes remained ahead, looking at the oncoming waves. Just by the looks of it, he could tell that it would be a big one. 

Eun-oh let out a nervous smile, nodding her head in response. 

"You ready?" Jae-won shouted over the loud clashing of waves. 

And again, in response, Lee Eun-oh let out a smile and nodded. Letting go of each other's hands and, getting ready to stand up, Eun-oh finally looked ahead of her, her persona faltered. 

Her eyes widened, her heart pounding against her chest. 

"Jae-won-ah," she called out in a trembling tone. 

This caught the man's attention, and he turned to her immediately. "M-museowo." 

But it was too late for him to even respond, the wave was approaching. They had to get up. 

And in the brink of time, they did, but it only took seconds for Eun-oh to fall off of her board, the waves dragging her down with their strong forces. Every time she tried to swim upwards, another wave, stronger and bigger than the last would bury her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter