I need a Time Machine

Time Machine

"Alone in the room that is more spacious than ever."

I woke up unusually late today, maybe because today was one of the coldest day in Seoul. Looking out at the window, Everything seems black and white. The only visible shadows I could see from the fog is the snow flakes falling from the sky, looking down at my backyard which was flooded by pile of snow, I reminded myself to clean it up.

I grabbed the cardigan that was hanged on a chair and put on my fluffy slippers and not caring on how my legs are freezing from its exposure in the cold air. Walking down the stairs, the silence from downstairs deafened me that it started to hurt my ears. Finally stepping down from the stairs, I looked around our-my silent living room. Looking around, noticing the dustiness has enveloped the furnitures. Sighing, I grabbed the feather duster and a damp cloth and started cleaning around. Avoiding the table where the picture frames of our memories were placed, I started by cleaning and dusting off some decorations that were personally bought by us which was placed on a table beside the cabinet you brought from your Japan tour.

"The story created by the two of us was also in vain."

Too many memories in one room, It almost suffocated me. Carefully wiping and cleaning the little glasses that was supposed to use to drink a shot, but since you hated drinking at the house, you decided to use it as a decoration. The wooden miniature statues I bought from an antique shop which you found disturbing as It stares at space with a distorted face, you have grown to love them and decided to name them as Huggy Bear, Snoogums and Sugar because they reminded you of me. Although that seems irrational, just that made me fall in love with you.

"The pain won't heal no matter what."

A tear escaped my eyes as my feet finally dragged itself in front of the picture frames, where our memories were recorded. The happy memories we used to reminisce together now left me with a broken heart. Every picture showed our genuine smiles we used to share with each other, the light of our own lives. But it seems like it was now the darkness as time slowly destroyed it. Shakingly lifting up a particular picture that disturbed me the most, our first anniversary. It was the best time of our life, well maybe for me. This is where the magic started when you first kiss me, when you first said I love you in the most sincere eyes. I could never love anybody else just like you, and that hurts the most.

"The punishment for my mistake is severe."

Finally finishing up, I wiped the tears that escaped from my eyes unknowingly. I suddenly remembered that I have to clean out the snow from the backyard, we used to do it together. I shook my head, pushing the memories that kept creeping on me. Finally changing my skirt to jean pants. And wore the brown jacket to give me more than just the warmness the cardigan gave me. Putting on brown leather boots, I finally grabbed a hold of the door and was welcomed by snow flakes, which looked like iced tears released by the sky. 

I started clearing up the snow covering the stoned path, finding difficulty in lifting up all those snow in just my own strength. But maybe it seems more heavier now since the weight in my heart adds up on it. I smi;ed, a memory passed by my mind. We used to take hours on just cleaning up the snow because every time we did, your playfulness just doubles up. It was annoying but it was kind of our habit, you play around while I do all the dirty work. But whenever you see me tired from it, you always insist for me to take a break and watch us my prince charming finally turn into a butler. It doesn't make sense at all, but you were right. At times I needed you, you were like a loyal butler that was ready to do just about anything for me.

Not realizing where I was going, I accidentally bumped a tree, making the snow piled up on it fall onto me. Hissing, I brought myself up as I dusted off the snow all over me. Standing up as I dusted off the snow in my head, I remembered something. This happened before too, In the verge of the coldness, the heat with the both of us increased. Getting lost in our make out session at the snowy weather, Accidentally I tripped and our bodies landed on the hard wood of the tree and the snow fell down on us. Screaming in annoyance, I shook the snow from my body while you only laugh at our situation. "It's not funny!" I whined,  wiping the tears that has formed in your eyes because of too much laughing, you stood up and reached over at the top of my head. Wiping off the snow and ruffled it, like how a brother would do to his younger sister to annoy her. Yeah, we were like siblings but If we were, they would call it .

"Just one mistake, just one regret."

I couldn't take it anymore, the memories that kept coming back, and the weather wasn't helping me at all. Going inside my house, I took off the boots and removed the jacket. I decided to read a book to remove my mind from everything that has been bothering me. Reaching up to a particular book that caught my eyes, I accidentally bumped a picture album and it fell down with a thud at the floor. Sighing, I picked it up, I was going to return it but something caught my eyes. I saw a piece of paper inside.

Deciding to look at it, I settled down on the couch and opened it. I widen my eyes at what it contained, pictures, pictures of us and the good times we had. I didn't know there was something like this kept in the shelves, Did he made this? A smile formed and it widen more as every picture showed not only the sweet memories we had but also the silliness we did together. Seeing a picture of me celebrating my 20th birthday, I remembered how my father challenged you to a fist fight to prove that you are deserving to have me, his daughter. But you refused, saying that even if you lose, even if my father forbids us, you'll always keep me in the bottom of your heart tattoed. My father scowled saying, "My daughter doesn't deserve you.." He said. "You're too perfect for her."

Finally, I arrived at the 2nd to the last page of the album. Surprised, to see a hole in the center of it. Besides it was a paper and something written on it, that was the paper I saw, 'Insert your finger' It said. I placed it in and it fitted perfectly. I looked through the last page and I sobbed, the words written in the sticky note made me feel more guilty. "Will you marry me?" Were you planning to give me this anytime soon? It only made my heart hurt much more. I just realized no matter how messed up our relationship is, we were happy and that's all it matter.

"If I'm able to meet you passing through time and space,

Even If it's heading to the same conclusion, I'm sure there won't be any regrets remaining"

Suddenly, I heard screaming voices. It seems that somebody was having a huge argument. Lifting myself up from the couch, I looked upstairs. And saw you, you and me. Having that last argument that ruined everything we had. "Stop lying!" I heard myself shout. "I am not lying, I'm telling you the truth. I'm not cheating on you, I've just been so busy with my career that I don't have anytime to visit you anymore." He explained, with a gentle voice. But no, I didn't believe him. "No, even from before, even If you were so busy with your career you always give time for me." I argued. "But now? It seems like I'm not that important to you anymore!" Tears flowed down, I watched myself tear up with me. "What the do you want then? I call you, I text you, I even video call. What else?!" You finally lost your patience. "I need you Jiyong, your presence itself. Not some gadget that only gives me temporary happiness." I confessed, you pulled on your hair in anger.

"The last words that you have left behind

Even now, I can't stop replaying the refrain."

"What happened to you?" You asked. "What happened to the Yeonhee I loved? Yeonhee was, no matter how distant we are, she always keeps her faith and trust on me. Where is she?" You continued, sending sharp daggers on my heart. "You've changed." And then I slapped you. "How dare you accuse me of the things you have done?" I shouted, still blaming everything to you and making my pride as a shield to your piercing words. "That's it.." I hear you grit your teeth. I ran upstairs, I watched you as you stormed inside our room and packed your bags. "W-what are you doing?" My old self stuttered. "I'm leaving." You said, with a cold and stern voice.

"N-no!" I shouted and tried to stop you, but my hands only passed through your body. It feels like I'm a ghost. I watch myself stare in nothingness, shocked and dumbfounded at your words. Picking up your bags, you rushed downstairs. It was too late before my old self realized you were already downstairs. Running downstairs and almost tripped, I watched myself cling onto you. "No, don't do this.." I sobbed in your back.  "You're not the same girl I loved." I heard loud and clear from upstairs. "That person I loved is nothing but just a memory that I will always cherish." Those words, it echoed loudly in my head, stabbing me with every word. Shrugging me off, you walked out of our house. I watched myself break down, watching the person I loved the most walk out of my life.

And then I ran, I ran downstairs, running past from my old self and tried to stop you from getting away. I ran as fast as I can, I finally reached where you are and hugged you from behind. Surprisingly, it seemed so real, your warmth and the way you gasp. Seeing me clinging on to you, As If some drama series. You faced me and hugged me in a loving one, tears streamed down and I gripped on your back. Bursting out all my regrets and pain into this moment, you only patted my back in comfort.

"Goodbye..."

"Before the memories of us are forgotten."

I jolted up from where I was laying down. Looking around, I found myself on the couch, still holding the album in my hands. I cried and hugged the album close to my heart. That dream seems so true, yet it was nothing but just a nightmare called reality.  The scenes keeps on replaying and I cursed myself for being stupid and selfish all this time. Looking at the clock, "I need a time machine."


And that ends this drama one-shot. ^^

Was listening to Time Machine while typing this so I had a lot inspiration. Hope you guys will like this :)

Until next time~