Epilogue

Rain

4 years later


 

"Karina! Winter's friend is here," Ningning rushes to Karina's office, not even bothering knocking.

 

"You could have knocked first, Ningning," Karina states, not even bothering to look in Ningning's direction, "also, which friend? The engineer?"

 

"Yes, I think she's about to be here. Do you mind if I keep the door open?" Ningning says as she fully opens the door to Karina's office.

 

"No, let them in. I just need to finalize this email I have to send to Mr. Lee," Karina replies, and Ningning nods before she leaves.

 

Moments later, Karina heard footsteps, yet she couldn't be bothered to look at who entered her space. Since Mr. Lee was their biggest client, she focused entirely on her screen, worried her thoughts would float away if she ever stopped typing her email.

 

Several minutes passed, and Karina finally sent the email, stretching her arms midair as she breathed a sigh of relief.

 

"I'm back."

 

"What the-"

 

Shocked by the stranger's presence, Karina falls off the chair and then hits her forehead on the table for trying to stand up.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

The stranger rubbed Karina's head as she helped her up, and when they finally caught each other's gazes, Karina couldn't help but touch the stranger's cheek in pure surprise.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, your engineer is here, Karina," Giselle whispers as their foreheads touch.

 


 

P.S. You can now reach out (and follow) me on my Twitter account @ohverflow :)