Extra: Puppy love πŸΆπŸ’•

A letter to no one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Β A letter to no one pt2 :>
Β 

Β 

"Now, you might be wondering, who am I and why did your child just send you this video of me? First, I'm your child's friend, either from school, games or somewhere else. My name is Kim Minjeong, and I understand you wanna spend the start of a new year with your kid but it's also my 18th birthday... and I've been wanting to confess to this friend of mine and just in case I get rejected I'd really like to have your kid there to comfort me. So just one New Year's Eve? Borrow your kid to me for just one new years." Jimin's mom brings her eyes back up to meet her daughters, worry festering behind her irises.

" And don't worry! No alcohol! If your kid goes missing just submit this video to the police so they can find me, and you can call your kid using facetime! Please?" The video ends and within moments Jimin is being dragged down to the couch by her mom, who clears and looks her daughter in the eyes seriously.

" Are you okay?" The 18 year old kid could only nod, biting her lip and restricting her breathing, not wanting to cry.

" I mean, who is she confessing to? I seriously thought you guys were dating this whole time and just hiding it from me or something." The older woman nibbles on her thumbnail and frowns to no one in particular.

" Ma, it was just puppy love, we were kids, less than 12 too. I mean look at all those love stories, it's almost always, never the childhood friend." Jimin could only shrink into a ball, tucking her knees up to her chin and sulking.

" I know that, but still... also this is reality, not a story? You don't know what will happen." The kid glances over to her mom, scoffing.

"As if- the cliches were all written based on one's experiences you know... so, permission granted?" A small part of Jimin wishes her mom would make her not go, that way she wouldn't have to watch as her unrequited love gets into a relationship with another. Afterall, there's no way this doesn't go well for Minjeong, seriously.

" Yea, I'll go make dinner now, so just prepare what you need for next week." Heading off into the kitchen, Jimin's mom ties the strings of the apron behind her back, sliding open the fridge and picking up some onions, thin sliced beef and two eggs.

With that, the teenager strolls back into her room and lays back on her chair, looking at her window that was plastered with pictures of a younger her with Minjeong, hugging, crying, fighting, kissing each other on the cheeks.

They had gone to an amusement park and went into the horror house, hugging throughout the whole attraction, so much so the actors took it easy on them, even helped their mothers snap a picture of the two screaming and hugging each other as if their life depended on it.

They had gone on a family camping trip and decided to play hide and seek, in the end the both of them had gotten lost and were only able to find each other. Minjeong’s mom had to find them at a clearing near the edge of a cliff and scolded the two kids who were found sleeping on each other on the ground, finding the sight of Minjeongs mom scolding the two cute, Jimin's mom decided to take a picture of the trio, the two kids holding hands and crying as the older woman rested a hand on her hip, her other hand shaking fervently at the kids.

It was meant to just be a hangout, but young Minjeong was a jealous little monster who crashed Jimin's hangout with a male classmate of hers, shouting that Jimin was hers, and to get his filthy Cheeto covered hands off her.Β 

Would it be weird for Jimin to say she loved that it happened? That it made her heart flutter and her smile tremble even as Minjeong started crying at her 'cheating'? But she did, she felt so happy she ended up letting Minjeong punch her stomach shoulder and back with a smile on her face, only throwing a punch back when Minjeong called her smiling face ugly. By then, Jimin's mom had come to check out the noise and was the one who took the picture. The two kids fighting, with a smile permanently plastered on one, annoyance evident on the other.

The last picture was of when they were 10, Minjeong was moving houses and the two had been all dramatic about it, acting as if it was the last goodbye even when Minjeongs mom said they'll see each other at school.

Minjeong had cried, but was still trying to dry her tears as she tried handshaking the older, "We'll visit each other!" They promised, sealing it with a kiss on each other's cheeks, their respective parents taking a picture of it and they both had it printed out and exchanged them.

Only for them to end up embarrassed when it turned out that they would only be seeing each other more and more often. That was evident the moment Jimin woke up the next morning to the sight of a moving truck outside her home.

Opening her window and peeking out, she could see a wide mouth and eyed Minjeong pointing at the neighbours house before swinging her finger over to Jimin's house, spotting Jimin midway and waving with a bright smile.

"Hello neighbour!" Young Jimin ran down the stairs and crashed Minjeong onto the floor with a bear hug, the pair needing to be separated by their mothers before they reluctantly stopped hugging it out.

A tear finds its way to the corner of Jimins lips, the teenager questioning where everything went wrong, wiping away the tear becomes futile the moment more and more moisture gathers behind her eyelids, forming a stream.

"Ya, Yu Jimin! Why crying? Open your window, cmon~" Minjeong throws a paper ball at the crying kids window, trying to get the others' attention.

Wiping her tears for the nth time, Jimin slides her window open before rolling her chair over to it.

"What do you want?" Words come out harsher than intended, but it's inevitable considering the reason she's crying is also the woman in front of her.

"Why are you crying at 6pm? Something on your little mind?" Jimin throws a paper ball at the younger and slams her window shut, only to give up, hearing the knocks on her window once again.

" They should've spaced our windows further apart." Sliding open her window, Jimin watches as Minjeong climbs in, feet balancing on the ledge of her window.

"I don't know, I think it's perfect the way it is. Anyway, here, sit and tell mama Minjeong what's making you cry?" A temptation to tell the truth surges within Jimin, who is nothing but logical and shuts down the urges immediately.

" I'm just...stressed. Also,,,mama Minjeong? Your birthdays not here yet and you're already acting as if we're the same age?" Jimin sits down next to the exact reason for her tears, leaning back and falling flat on her bed, the younger closely following right after.

" Need a stress reliever then?" A nod from Jimin and Minjeong immediately starts tickling the older, causing Jimin to scream and start smacking Minjeongs hands away from her sides.

"KIM MINJEONG! THIS DOESN'T WORK- AAA" Minjeong flips over and straddles the older, holding down her hands by lightly kneeling on them.

" I don't know about you, but I see no tears and I smell fear, which means it's a great stress reliever, don't you think?" Wiggling her fingers in front of Jimin's face, Minjeong laughs before falling back down beside the older.

" Wanna go out then? If that didn't work." Jimin opens her door, shouting to her mom.

"Mom! Call me when dinner’s done! Minjeong is kidnapping me for a bit!" A humm of approval travels from the kitchen, and the kids jump out the window onto the mattress they placed down below their windows.

Or well, Minjeongs mom did the moment she saw her 11 year old kid trying to climb Jimin's window, and failing to open the sliding window because her daughter, that she was in fact a little less proud of that day, was trying to pull open the window.

The next day she had bought a new mattress for herself and sawed her old queen sized one in half and overlaid them beneath the windows.

Which ended up being used immediately when the moment she decided to head back into the house, she heard a scream and a thud behind her.

"MINJEONG I TOLD YOU NOT TO JUMP! MY WINDOW ISN'T OPEN YET YOU IDIOT!"
Β 

" Ah, how long has this mattress been here? 6?7? Years? Hahaha. C’mon Jiminie" interlocking their fingers, Minjeong drags the older over to the nearest cafe that they frequent and drops the older off at the window seat before hopping over to the counter, ordering two milkshakes and a fruit bowl.

Sitting back down and placing the little plastic sign on the table, Minjeong looks at Jimin with a smile. Feeling bored however, Jimin decides to kick off a game of footsies, kicking the younger in the shin.

" That hurts?" Minjeong gasps with a dropped jaw as Jimin only pokes her tongue out.

"It's meant to, idiot." Minjeong scoffs and kicks Jimin's shin, the two holding the table stable as they continuously kick each other under the table.

"Hey that was my toe!"Β 

" Don't act innocent, you just kicked my knee!"

" Idiot Minjeong!"

" BakaMin!"

"Idijeong!"

" This is unfair, you play football!"

"It's more unfair for me? You're wearing sharp tipped shoes!"

" Oh, is it? Then why did you start it?"

" Wha- Your face looked annoying!"

" What was that?? I know you like this face of mine okay?!"

" Where did that false confidence come from?!"

"You have a folder of my selfies I post on insta!"

"WHAT THE-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter