003; valentine's day

always with you [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

The cousins and Yunjin ended up on deciding to make chocolates on Valentine's day. The latter more on hoping it would give her the courage to confess to Yeonjun while the former just wanted some good chocolate treats. Then again, Linna thought about giving hers to Sunghoon when she had discussed this plan with Yunjin, but decided not to in the end. The pair actually joked with Melanie to do the same for Jake, and Melanie found it annoying as she now basically set herself up for being teased about a nonexistent crush. The group of five arrived early in the morning to a workshop that would be teaching them on how to make homemade chocolates.

"What should we do now?" Yunjin asked after leaving the building while carrying their chocolates filled inside a cute gift bag.

"Can we go eat?" Serena suggested.

"I missed breakfast, chocolate making took too long only because it's Valentine's Day, and it's way past lunch time. I'm hungry."

"Oh yeah, let's eat. I'm hungry, too." Kierra agreed.

"So, where should we eat then?" Linna asked while looking between her friends.

The friends discussed where they wanted to eat until Yunjin asked about their chocolates.

"Anyway, now that we made chocolates all morning and they're done. So, who are y'all gonna give your chocolates to?"

"No one." The cousins responded as Yunjin glanced between Melanie and Linna.

"No. I believe we should give our homemade chocolates to our crushes."

Yunjun motioned at herself.

"I've decided to give Yeonjun my homemade chocolates."

"Finally!" Serena cheered quietly while doing a little clap and glanced at the trio.

"Good luck."

Kierra wasn't as cheerful, more out of having to do an activitiy that didn't concern her.

"Wow. Y'all could've done that without me."

"Well, it's already done." Yunjin reasoned before a mischievous look graced her face.

"Besides, you could give your chocolates to Jay."

Kierra whipped her head to glare at her.

"Why would I do that?"

Her eyes narrowed at the other three, already knowing that her sister and cousins thought so, too.

"Y'all think I like him or something?"

"Well," Yunjin began with a nervous laugh, "The two of you do banter like y'all are close despite you saying that you aren't."

"No, I don't."

"Yeah you do." Her cousins and sister countered and Kierra rolled her eyes.

"Whatever."

The others laughed as Yunjin focused her attention onto Linna and Melanie.

"But no, for real. I think this is a great opportunity for us to confess since we didn't confess the last time on the last day of the year."

"Anyway," Linna interjected, wanting to change the topic.

"Enough about confessions. Let's decide where to eat now."

"Wait! One more thing." Yunjin said as she remembered something.

"Serena just needs to give her chocolate to whoever she likes."

Serena burst out laughing at her friend's wild thoughts.

"I don't like anyone, Jennifer."

Yunjin's English name is Jennifer as the later shook her head.

"Lies! I know you have someone you like."

"Oh, well. Believe whatever you wanna believe as I already know the truth."

Yunjin grumbled as the others laughed.

"Oh! The others wanna do a group date and then dinner afterwards for Valentine's Day." Melanie commented, checking their friend group chat.

The others except Yunjin eyed her.

"Um, group date?"

Melanie nodded as she read the message.

"Yeah, the couples wanted to set this up for those that were single to get together and to helped those like us to get closer to our crushes."

"Well, I'm not interested for a group date." Serena declined.

"Or trying to get closer to whoever you think I might like."

"Me either." Kierra added

"And I don't like anyone, especially Jay."

"I third that."

"And I fourth that."

Linna and Melanie followed after Yunjin made a face.

"Oh, c'mon, you four. It might be fun."

She gave them a curious look.

"When was the last time y'all went on a group date though?"

"Before winter break." Melanie answered.

"When Girls Two wanted to meet those guys from Hanyang University."

"Oh, right. Anyway, let's go."

Yunjin looked at them eagerly.

"Nah. Just go on without us and get your moment with Yeonjun." Kierra insisted.

"We'll just do our own thing."

"Are you sure?" Yunjin asked, unsure.

"Yes." Serena confirmed.

"We'll be fine since Yeonjun may change his flirtatious nature once he finds out that someone still likes him while being that way."

"You think so?"

"Kinda, but you'll have to find that out for yourself for sure."

"Thanks."

"Mmhmm."

"Besides, you seem more ready to confess compare to me and Melanie anyway." Linna reasoned as Melanie nodded.

'Yeah, so just go for it and we'll do it on our own when ready."

Yunjin grumbled as she argued with reasoning.

"What if Sunghoon ends up dating someone else because you're not there, Linna?"

"I mean, Sunghoon is a great catch and he can date whoever he wants. If I haven't made a move after high school, then I doubt I will."

"But you could today."

Linna sheepishly laughed, shaking her head.

"Yeah, no."

"Ugh, fine. Melanie?"

Yunjin shifted her attention onto Melanie.

"What if the same with Jake, huh? What if he falls for someone else on this group date."

Melanie shrugged.

"It is what it is. Besides, I only said he was cute just so you back off. I don't even like him like that."

"But y'all hang out so much."

"He's my tutor. There's a difference. I don't like him like that anyway."

Eventually Yunjin dropped the topic as she was unable to persuade the cousins. The friends soon parted with Yunjin heading towards the train station while the four continued towards the bus stop up ahead. When the cousins got onto the bus, they happened to see Woojoo and Sujin at the back of it, looking depressed and their eyes and face red and puffy. They later learned their friends had caught their boyfriends, which none of their friends knew about, cheating on them earlier.

"If I see Park Jaehyuk and Song Hyoram around campus, then I'll exact revenge for y'all." Serena stated with a disgusted look as she munched on a rice ball.

The six ended up at Simplistic as it was on the way home so that Sujin and Woojoo could rant at a safe place and during the ranting the pair showed the four pictures of their ex-boyfriends. The cousins also ended up giving their chocolates to the males working today as all the females got it off for the said holiday and having to put up with them as well.

"Yeah, the two of you deserve so much better." Melanie stated, sipping a Red Velvet flavored slushie as it was one of the Special items.

"Men are jerks, but women are just as much as jerks as them, too." Linna commented with everyone agreeing.

"Right." Eunchan interjected into the women's conversation with a sweet look while bringing out something from behind him.

"By the way, this is from all of us to help cheer up your friends."

He placed a large bowl of rabokki for all of them to share after he noticed they ate nothing, but sweets.

"And these, too!"

"We hope you like it!"

Two other workers, Hwang Junyoung and Lee Hanyoung, placed two freshly baked cakes with white frosting and icing and in the shape of an obscure animal.

"Thanks." The six thanked the male as two others joined them.

"We hope you like them and enjoy it." Seohoo beamed brightly.

He and Chanran each set a special dessert drink in front of them.

"This is the extra pieces from the cake." Chanran informed them.

The six thanked them once more as the five returned to work. Despite how the items looked, it was delicious and the cousins were appreciative of their co-worker friends in caring for their two friends like that. They made a mental note in gifting them something next time for their consideration.

"Okay, so we got the work boys gift certificates to shop wherever they wanna shop at." Melanie said as she handed the envelopes to Serena.

"What?"

Serena looked at her sister, but not taking the envelopes.

"Hold on to these because your bag is bigger than everyone."

"Wow."

Nevertheless, Serena took the gift certificates and placed them inside her tote bag before looking at the others. After bidding Woojoo and Sujin goodbye after leaving Simplistic, the quartet found themselves in Hongdae to shop for family back home and for their co-worker friends.

"So, what do y'all wanna eat for dinner?" Kierra asked once they were back on the streets.

"It's getting a little and if not, then should we buy and make food at the house?"

"Either works." Linna replied with a shrug before suggesting a few spots.

"Unless we go to Seogyo Bap House, Meal Plan B, or even Amando. Whichever works."

The four continued to walk along the sidewalk as they debated on what to do about dinner.

"Oh, yeah, Seogyo Bap House. Let's go there." Melanie said, deciding on a spot.

"Okay, cool." The other three agreed.

The cousins moved down the streets to get to the restaurant and when they arrived, they happened to noticed Ni-Ki and friends once they entered the restaurant.

"Nevermind. I change my mind. Let's go to Meal Plan B instead. I want a burrito." Melanie said as Linna nodded.

"Yeah, let's head over there. Besides the burrito, I've been craving their hotdogs, too."

"Don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they won't notice us."

Serena brushed off their concerns.

"Besides, there's other places to sit and they're already eating, too."

Serena spoke too soon as Ni-Ki, Jungwon, and Sunoo noticed them in the distance and actually waved them over.

"Right. Wouldn't noticed us." Kierra remarked saracastically as Serena shrugged indifferently with a chuckle.

At that moment, Jake, Sunghoon, Heeseung, and Jay focused their attention to them with the cousins slightly waving out of politeness.

"Honestly, this would be like a Valentine's date of sorts if we ended up being seated near them and they try to have us join them."

Melanie looked at her sister and cousins.

"We should just leave."

Before they could decide on doing that, a waitress came up to them to lead them towards the group of seven.

"It's just dinner. Let's just eat and we can dip afterwards." Serena assured as the other three glared at her.

"Of course you're not bothered by this."

"Just treat it as an outing with friends and we'll be fine." Serena reasoned with a shrug.

"I mean, it's not like y'all will be seating beside your crush or person of interest."

The trio still didn't like the idea, but they were hungry and the wait wouldn't be that long as it would've been.

"Fine."

"Okay, cool."

The four followed the waitress as she sat the four of them next to the seven male's table and left after getting their orders.

"Hi!" The seven greeted as the four flashed them all smiles, doing the same.

"Hi!"

"Anyway, no date for a couple night out?" Ni-Ki teased as the cousins eyed him.

"No, but what about you?"

"Yeah, no dinner date either?"

The six males laughed as Ni-Ki rolled his eyes, but continued speaking.

"I thought the four of you would join the rest of our friends for an amusement park and dinner date thing they had planned."

"Nah." The quartet dismissed, causing four others to feel relieve upon hearing that.

"Anyway," Serena looked over at the males with a small smile, "We're just chilling."

"Hey, do you know what happened with my sister?" Jungwon suddenly asked.

"She said she was with y'all earlier along with Sunoo's sister."

"Oh yeah, did something happened to them? They wouldn't tell us." Sunoo added as the four shrugged.

"Girl stuff, but they're fine." 

Throughout the whole dinner, both tables casually and comfortably conversed with each other despite the space between them. Even though three of the four cousins were tenses, overthinking things whenever a particiular someone directed minor attention onto them. Serena had no issues, conversing with them all, but became aware of the other three and so didn't tease them and even directed the attention elsewhere if they felt uncomfortable. Once dinner ended and they were all leaving the restaurant, the subject of coin karaoke came up and th

Please log in to read the full chapter