013; changes

always with you [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Good evening, everyone." Hyeyoung greeted the customers of 20 CUBE, a cafe that had an entertainment corner, where she worked.

"Tonight, I would like to introduced, Grey Skies!"

The customers cheered and clapped as the cousins walked onto the small stage in dark colored clothing and shoes with matching face masks. Hyeyoung had asked the four to help her out as her work place needed another act last minute. Hyeyoung glanced at her friends before facing the crowd again.

"So, before any of y'all get the wrong idea about them, these four ladies would like to bring down the mood a bit for their segment in tribute to those that have been wronged in love or gotten out of a relationship."

The quartet decided to go the route of break-up and sad songs to help Melanie and Linna get over this feeling and mood as quickly as possible.

"But don't worry, we have other wonderful acts after that that will bring up the mood once more!" Hyeyoung assured the crowd before motioning at her friends again.

"So, please be kind to our friends, Grey Skies!"

Hyeyoung walked off the stage, leaving it to the quartet. Serena started them off.

"1, 2..."

Serena glanced at the other three as they nodded to indicate they were ready while finishing the introduction altogether.

"We're Grey Skies!"

The crowd cheered once more as the quartet each introduced themselves starting from Serena, then Linna, followed by Melanie, and last with Kierra. However, Linna and Melanie spoke with as much enthusiasm as they could. Their stage names fitted their new group name.

"I'm Gyeoul Bi!"

Winter Rain.

"I'm Gaeul Bi."

Autumn Rain.

"I'm Bom Bi."

Spring Rain.

"I'm Yeoreum Bi!"

Summer Rain.

They finished the rest together.

"And once again, we're Grey Skies! Please watch over us kindly."

More cheers as Serena continued speaking.

"Yes, we're bringing the mood down, but please do vibe with us for now."

She looked at the trio as they took a seat on stage with the chairs Hyeyoung and staff had prepared for them.

"Let's begin with the first song of our segment, Good Night Like Yesterday."

The quartet motioned with their hands in front of them to signal to Hyeyoung that they were ready whenever they were.

"Music, cue!"

The soft melodies played as the rest of the segment continued on with I'll Back Off So You Could Live Better, then, What Do You Know, followed by, Only One, and lastly with GHOST with miminal breaks in-between for them to grab a drink or take a breather.

"1, 2..." Serena began while looking at the others once their segment ended and finished as a group, "We were Grey Skies!"

The quartet bowed as they thanked the crowd for listening in on them and letting them express themeslves.

"Please, another around of applause for Grey Skies!"

Hyeyoung took over once more to introduce the next act as she quietly thanked her friends for participating.

"Now, the next act..."

However, the four weren't aware that Jake, Sunghoon, and company were in the crowd and witnessed the cousins pouring their hearts tonight. Still, the seven knew without a doubt who the four were for sure, but left it alone as to not cause a scene. However, Jake and Sunghoon were seemingly affected more than the others as if these songs were directed at them and the guilt of their actions plagued their minds, wanting to right what they did wrong.

"Are you on a group date, Park Youngseo?"

Melanie and company turned to face Nara as Melanie answered her question.

"Yeah, most definitely."

It was more out of sarcasm, but Nara didn't catch it. However, she became pleased although her own boyfriend stood right by her, seemingly annoyed. The four were waiting outside the restaurant for Eunmi and her sons to arrive as the quartet came earlier than expected. Eunmi had an announcement to make and invited them as she saw them as family since Eunmi also knew their fathers since they were children. Anyway, Nara couldn't mind her business as she came up to them with Jinwoong in tow when Taeyoung, Hanjun, and Seohoo arrived before their mother and greeted the quartet.

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

Melanie couldn't care any more about the situation despite still feeling weirded out about the overall situation in general although she knew that she still had to interact with Jake eventually. She ditched her last tutoring session and ignored him in class. Other than that, Melanie just wished Nara would leave her alone. The others didn't intervene, allowing Melanie to handled it on her own accord.

"Now, if that's all you came here for, Kim Nara, then we're done here."

"Wait. I wanna know about Jung Jiyeon and Sunghoon, too. Are y'all still dating?"

Nara pointed at Linna as the latter replied with a nochalant attitude.

"We broke up, too. You can tell Choi Rika that she's free to chase after him."

Linna and Melanie boredly stared at her.

"Now, please leave us alone."

"Ha, wonderful!"

Jinwoong cast his girlfriend a look.

"How is that wonderful?"

Nara realized he was still around and that she was committed to another person. She flashed him a sweet smile, being cutesy and all.

"Let's eat somewhere else."

"But I-"

Nara pulled Jinwoong's arm and hurriedly led the two away from the restaurant. The male trio stared at Linna and Melanie.

"Y'all had boyfriends?"

Melanie and Linna didn't want to talk about it and so Kierra and Serena intervened, directing the attention to someone else.

"They did."

"That's not important."

Seohoo felt offended.

"I went to school with y'all, but none of you told me though?" 

He pouted as everyone laughed while his brothers .

"Not such a ladies' man are you?"

"I wouldn't date you if I was them either though."

Seohoo ignored his brothers' words as the group of friends continued to converse until the rest showed up a few minutes later.

"You didn't have to lie to me, Hayoun." Jay remarked in a heated tone, catching Kierra by surprise.

Kierra had exited the women restroom and was on her way back to the others as Eunmi unexpectedly announced her sudden engagement to her then boyfriend now turned fiance, Kang Minwoo, when Jay intercepted Kierra in the short hallway. Kierra cast him with a puzzled look, unaware that Jay was dining here, too.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Jay."

"Clearly you actually have a boyfriend, Jung Hayoun. You shouldn't have strung me along."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but I've never strung you along, Park Jongseong."

Kierra matched his energy despite being fully aware they were still in the restaurant where onlookers could possibly here her if she spoke any louder. Kierra remained calm and collect as she tried to not get defensive, wondering if Jay's close friends were around, too.

"And I don't have a boyfriend. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to you last time and if I did, then it wouldn't have concerned you anyway."

"It does and I saw it with my own eyes, Hayoun. You were having dinner and that guy had his arms around you all night."

Kierra frowned, wondering if Jay didn't see that th guy that had put his arms around her was Minhee, and that he also had his arms around Serena all night, too.

"Minhee is just a friend. I'm sure you've seen him around campus and with our other mutual friends. Also, I'm not sure why you're so upset by this, Jay, but I'm here having dinner in support of my aunt's engagement to Minhee's father, in a way making Minhee family to me "

She didn't give time for him to speak.

"Did you not see that he had his arms around Minseo, too? Or the fact that he only did that was to ward off these two creeps sitting behind us. Still, I shouldn't have to explain myself to you. So, what's your deal, Park Jongseong?"

Kierra changed her mind. She didn't want her mood to sour the evening with the others, especially for Eunmi and Minwoo.

"Look, Jay, forget it. I'm not in the mood to argue with you so I'm going back to my dinner and I suggest for you to do the same. Cool down and talk to me when you figure yourself out because I don't have time for your bull."

"Wai-"

Kierra interrupted Jay as he seemed apologetic.

"Have a good night, Park Jongseong."

Kierra continued to use his full name, indicating that she was still upset with him. Kierra walked passed him with a shake of her head while putting on a cool face as to not alarm her sister, cousins, and the others. He stared after her, thinking about how he should have handled that better and letting Kierra's words sink in. He didn't know why the thought of Kierra having a boyfriend bothered him so much or that guy putting his arms around her when he's seen his other friends doing the same, but it still irked him. For the remainder of the night, both parties minded their own business despite knowing that the other party were around, but kept to themselves as Jay was out with his family since his father was in the country and would be traveling again overseas in a few days.

"Hi, Hyunkyung." Serena greeted the male upon meeting him at the front gates the following morning.

"Here's the slice of oreo tiramisu cake and a pineapple smoothie you requested."

Serena handed Hyunkyung his bag of 20 CUBE items while holding onto her own treat bag.

"Thanks a lot, Minseo."

"You're welcome and thank you for always helping me out in class, too."

"Yeah, no problem. Any time. "

The two started walking towards their classes.

"How is it going with Riae?"

Riae was Hyunkyung's girlfriend. He let out a deep sigh.

"She's still barely talking to me."

"Well, you did break the ceramic cup she worked very hard on the day she gifted it to you."

"I know."

"Maybe the two you should try out a pottery class together."

"Actually, I never thought of that. Thanks."

"Welcome."

Serena happened to spot Riae walking in the distance and nudged Hyunkyung aggressively.

"Yo, go after her and suggest that pottery class date."

Hyunkyung almost took a step before facing Serena with a sheepish look. Serena pulled the small box from her own bag and offered it to Hyunkyung.

"Only because it's for Riae and to help you out even more."

"Thanks. I got you next time."

"Yeah, yeah."

Hyunkyung took the box before running after Riae. Serena watched her friend's disappearing figure as he chased after his girlfriend while she rounded the building's corner before turning on her heels, but almost ran into another body. She immediately side-step to avoid bumping into the person while apologizing halfway before recognition settled in and she stared up at the person.

"I'm sor-oh, um, hi, Heeseung."

She sheepishly smiled at Heeseung as he flashed her a smile of his own.

"Hi to you, too, Minseo. We gotta stop running into each other like this."

"I'm pretty sure that's more you than me."

Suddenly thoughts flooded Serena's head with all sorts of cliche-like scenarios whether good, bad, and all that in-between.

"Where did you come from anyway?"

Serena tried to remain calm as she gave him a half-smile.

"I happened to see you unexpectedly." Heeseung replied with a smile still lingering on his face.

"So, I thought we could hang out since we still have less than two hours until our first class actually begins."

She was surprised he still remember that piece of tidbit. Then again, she was hoping he wouldn't ask as she didn't feel like being around him as certain feelings began making their movements within her and the fact that two of his friends hurt her sister and younger cousin's feelings.

"Right. We do."

Her response seemed quieter than normal and Heeseung wondered if she was recovering from something.

"Are you okay?"

"Hmm?"

Her focus went onto him.

"How are you feeling?"

"Peachy."

She flashed him a smile, but it didn't quite reach her eyes and Heeseung didn't believe her.

"Are you sure?"

Honestly, Serena rather sleep right now as worrying about her sister and younger cousin's well-being these past several days made her tired than she should be.

"It's really nothing, Heeseung, but thanks for your worry."

She shot him a tired smile and this one relieved him.

"Okay. So, do you wanna hang out with me?"

Serena gave in. Maybe having the company of someone else that wasn't family might do her some good at the moment.

"Um, sure, Heeseung. Maybe you can quiz me for our finals coming up and I can do the same for you."

Heeseung's smiled.

"Sounds like a perfect idea. Central or Lift?"

"Lift. Central's pack right about now."

The pair began making their way to the Lift Library when Serena remembered the items she held.

"Um, so..." Serena began, "Would you like some cream cheese roll and either a watermelon juice or a mango juice, by the way?"

"Good morning, Jiyeon." Sunghoon greeted Linna upon waiting for her outside the school's gates.

He flashed her a sweet smile, but she faked a similar one in return.

"Morning."

Linna's greeting was flat as she walked passed him and Sunghoon's smile dropped upon the curt interaction. Usually by the now the two would be walking hand-in-hand to Linna's first class, conversing freely. Nowadays, ever since that day, Sunghoon would try to engage with Linna, but she continued to ignore him. However, he never gave up and persisted as matched Linna's stride while they walk side by side with a distance between them.

"So..."

"No." She cut him off, pausing in mid-walk and pointed in a random direction without looking at him.

"You don't need to keep walking me to my classes anymore, Park Sunghoon."

Today was the day that Linna wanted to make it clear to him since he's been continuing this like nothing happened between them despite her constantly ignoring him.

"You can just head on over to yours."

However, Sunghoon assumed with time and space that he could explain himself and that Linna would hear him out.

"Bu-"

"Don't care."

"Lis-"

"No."

"Ji-"

"Sunghoon, please."

Sunghoon instantly closed his mouth upon her using just his first name and hearing the pleading tone in her voice. Linna slowly faced him with a neutral expression as she mustered the courage to not fold under Sunghoon's gaze.

"We've broken up, remember?"

She continued speaking as to not falter.

"You can go back to your normal routine before all this and just treat each other like classmates again. Now, please leave me alone."

Linna her heels and hurried away. However, Sunghoon stood frozen where he was, watching Linna's figure get further and further away. He was still dazed when Rika came up to him and placed a packed lunch into his hands, talking about having lunch together. Sunghoon just walked on to his own class absentmindedly, not even aware of Rika being around.

Melanie entered her Monday late afternoon class a little later than usual due to not hearing her alarm going off and having to be awaken by Kierra before she left for her own class. Serena and Linna still had their early classes to attend while Kierra and Melanie only had their one class today as their other classes were cancelled for students to focus on studying for the finals.

"You got this."

Melanie unknowingly made eye-contact with Jake, scanning the room for a seat when he shot her an awkward smile and waved. He sat in the same spot where the two would normally sit, but she turned her attention away from him and walked to a different part of the room to sit instead. Despite wanting to keep things civil and only interact if school related, but Melanie ignored that. She messaged Jake yesterday that she wouldn't be attending tutoring session with him at all as she needed time to herself even though she's skipped a few sessions with him since then. Surprisingly, Jake t

Please log in to read the full chapter