Chapter Two

My Snow Princes

I ran up the hill as fast as I could trying to get there with time to spare. I didn't have a bike so I couldn't ride that so that's why I was running. On the up side, it's great exercise. Since my alarm was trashed in the break in so it didn't wake me up, that's why I'm most likely going to be late for school. When I arrived at the dry cleaners I just went around to the back since I knew they wouldn't be open this early. “Ajumma!” I called out as I stopped at the back door. I knocked on it a few times and after a few minutes she came to the door dressed in sweats and her hair pinned up sloppily on her head, a cup of what looked like tea in her hand.

 

“Cho Hee-ah,” She said in surprise seeing me standing there panting in the early morning. “What's wrong?”

 

“Don't worry, ajumma.” I said as I bowed politely and as I tried to slow my breathing so I wouldn't get to dizzy. “I just came to get my uniform and to pay your since I didn't get here yesterday.” I said with a smile at her to assure her I was fine even if I wasn't completely fine.

 

“Come in dear.” She said as she opened the door and I walked in. She lived in a little room behind the dry cleaner's. Her husband had died and her daughter was in the States, so she lived by herself. “Have you ate breakfast?” She asked me and I shook my head and next thing I know she had set a huge bowl of white rice and soup in front of me. “I know it's not what you'd typically eat for breakfast but I find that if you eat something that isn't classified as 'breakfast food' for breakfast it seems to taste better.” I thanked her and quickly at my food while she went to go get my uniform. When she brought it back I was almost done eating which made her laugh. “You must have been really hungry.” I nodded with a sheepish smile. She smiled as she sat down across from me and watched me with a smile. We were really close to each other, so close it was like she was my aunt or some part of my family.

 

“I hate to eat and run but I need to leave for school before I'm late.” I said sadly as I stood up. She nodded and told me where the bathroom was so I could change for school. I combed my hands through my hair then stepped out of the bathroom.

 

“Have fun at school. And if something happens...” She sighed and gave me a look with sad eyes. “Just try and slide under the radar.” I nodded with a smile.

 

“Don't worry, I'll be fine.” I assured her and left her house and headed to school. I stopped at the bus stop were that buss route goes right past my school. As I sat on the bench waiting for it to come I swung my legs back and forth as I tried to mentally prepare myself for the day to come. I knew it would probably be worst today because I had skipped yesterday, they probably thought that I was to 'scared' to come back. Sighing I quickly climbed onto the bus and soon it was on it's way towards school.

 

---

 

Briing!

 

I jumped out of my seat, grabbing my stuff as I hurried out of the school. They had bothered me earlier on in the day but luckily they didn't catch me on my way out so it was a decent day. I skipped towards the bus stop while smiling it really was a great day because even this morning they hadn't bothered me that much. Just a little pushing me around while teasing me and talking bad about my family. It wasn't as bad as most days but that just made me a little more worried about the coming days because that probably means that they will come back harder. When I got home I changed clothes and grabbed an apple before heading off to work.

 

“Hello, ajumma.” I bowed when I has stepped into the store. She greeted me and soon I was put to work. I worked hard till it was time for the shop to close, but I had to stay after because she asked me to clean up the store then lock up. I gladly took the opportunity to show her how hard I work. Closing and locking the door I headed home. It was really dark and one of the things about living in the city was how bright everything was at night which made it so you couldn't see the stars at night. I climbed off the bus I had boarded and started walking home, I was a little nervous to walk home by myself because of the fact that those men who messed up the house were still out and about. Hopefully they didn't know what I looked like so then they wouldn't bother me.

 

“Umma! Appa! I'm home!” I called happily as closed the door of our house behind me. I was surprised not to see any lights on or the smell of food cooking. Confused I walked towards their room thinking that maybe they had went to bed early because they had been working so hard. I pushed the door open, the hinges squeaking loud in protest, to reveal their room but no sleeping bodies in the bed. Panicking a little I quickly the light to see better and had to make myself take slow breaths hoping it would help clam me down. I dropped my stuff and ran out of the room and into the living room slash kitchen hoping to see them or any sign of them, but didn't find any. I ran back into their room and looked at their bed. It was perfectly made like they always left it before work, but there was one thing that wasn't normally there. A note. I slowly walked towards it and picked it up and started reading it.

 

 

     Our beautiful and joyful daughter,

     Your father and I have gone away for awhile. There are some men looking for us so we're going to go on a

trip for awhile. Want you to know that we love you and always will. And that it's for your safety and our own that we are going away. We hope to come back very soon to be with you. We have left something for you in our secret spot, and with that we will know how to contact you.

                                                                                                                                            Love always,

                                                                                                                                          Umma and Appa

 

 

I stared at the letter and felt tears roll down my face as I dropped down onto the bed. They left? Because of those men that came to the house yesterday? So now I was all alone. By myself in this house to fend off those men if they come back. Did they think of that? The fact that the men might still come here looking for them while I'm home and I get attacked. I wiped off my tears and walked into my room and grabbed my snowglobe and brought it into the kitchen with me. After I had made me some ramen I sat on the floor and stared at my snow globe. It was a special gift from my great great grandmother. She had given it to me on her death bed telling me that it wasn't like other snow globes. That it was a magical snow globe and that as long as my wish was pure and true it would come true. Me being the little kid I was believed her and I still sort of do to this day, but I couldn't ever remember a wish that I made ever coming true. I picked it up and looked around inside the snow globe. It was a small town with little tiny people inside, it was beautiful. I bit my lip and made up my mind. “I wish that I had best friends who would always be there for me when I need them and won't ever leave me.” I whispered and shook the globe. It was silent for a few minutes as I waited for something to happen, but nothing did. I opened one eye then with a disappointed sigh I opened the other. I finished eating then went to bed, leaving the snow globe on the kitchen counter.

 

---

What do you think? Did you like it? Teen Top is in the next chapter! XD