Finale Part 2: Affirmation and Surprises

Baby Good Night

 

“Are you ok Tabi?” Tiffany asked her boyfriend. “You seem distracted today.” She then rubbed his arms to warm him up. “You know what; whatever it is that’s bothering you, just forget it and focus to now ok?”

Top, who was avoiding making eye contact with her ever since that morning, ended up having one. She really doesn’t have any idea. Then that’s good then, right? “Yes, I’m ok.” He said and smiled reassuringly.

“People, everything’s set, yes? Then will the guests kindly get to their respective seats please? The show will start in about a minute now.” Informed by the PD–nim in- charge using his big megaphone.

Tiffany looked back at Top and knew that something wasn’t right. That his mind was flying far somewhere else. She never saw him this preoccupied before. She couldn’t think of anything that would make him act like this. It’s not his mom’s or dad’s birthday, it’s not my birthday. Everyone’s living their normal life so far. So far, I haven’t heard anyone having an accident. It was the first time he was keeping something from her, except for all his pranks and tricks. She was worried. But she decided not to push it if he’s not into it. She decided that she’d ask about it next time.

“Fany-ah!!” called Dara and Bom as they approached the couple. “We missed you. It has been a long time since you visited YG.” Dara said.

“My YG unnies!! I missed you too! I wanted to visit too, but it’s been a busy schedule for me recently. Why not come visit me at SM next time? You should try unnie!” squealed Tiffany out of pure excitement.

“Let me repeat, we’re about to start the show any second now so please will the guests take their seats ever so kindly?” PD-nim called out impatiently.  

“Anyway, Tiffany you look very radiant today. That’s a good sign.” Said Bom.

“A good sign for what unnie?” Asked Tiffany.

“Nevermind. And Seunghyun –ah.. fighting!” Dara and Bom said at once before going to their respective areas.

Tiffany saw Top tensed up out of nowhere after that. She held his hand to pull him with her to the set because she was pretty sure he didn’t hear anything about what the PD-nim said seconds ago. And she was pretty darn sure that his hand was very cold and sweaty as well.  

 

“Good Morning to you Dong Wook-ssi! And good morning to all the viewers! Yah, what a good morning this is.” Shin Dong Yeop announced as he stood beside Lee Dong Wook.

“You know Dong Wook-ssi, since we’re new here we don’t have a lot of experiences yet as part of Strong Heart family. But I’ve heard that this is the first time that Strong Heart has had a very early recording. Aigoo, this is such a suprise! I had to rush here because I woke up late, just like the rest of us here. Do you think, Dong Wook-ssi, that the Strong Heart family is bullying us? I was just joking PD-nim.

Actually I know the reason why we are recording very early today which gives the second surprise for today. It is because one of our guests today requested for it to be early. Because according to our PD-nim, this certain guest, who is behind this curtain, is going to do something very special and memorable and significant to his or her life.” Shin Dong Yeop stated with full of conviction.

“I’ve always had a feeling that this episode is going to be different from the previous once we have handled. I think this episode will have many surprises. It’s more reason we should not let our viewers wait any longer, and we’ll start by revealing who our guests are for this episode.” Dong Wook started to raise his arms as a signal to pull up the big curtain that was placed in front of the guests to cover them but Dong Yeop seized his hand.

“Wait Dong Wook-ssi, we haven’t formally opened the show yet.” Dong Yeop protested in a much scripted manner.

“Oh right, I’m always forgetting about this. Ok, yeoreobun, this is..” the two leaned on each other’s backs and raised their arm at once, “Strong Heart!” both of them yelled. “Now let’s get rid of the curtain!”

The small audience screamed and yelled as the curtain was gotten rid of and all of the guests were finally revealed. Aside from the fixed guests, which were Boom, Super Junior’s Leeteuk and Eunhyuk, and Jung Juri, there were the 2ne1 members Dara, Bom, Minzy and CL, and of course Tiffany and Top.

Tiffany was sitting from the upper row beside Super Junior’s Leeteuk and Eunhyuk while Top was at the front beside his co-company 2ne1. All of the guests waved their hands and smiled brightly to the audience and the cameras.

“Yah, we have such a beautiful and peculiar set of guests for today. Normally, we don’t see YG and SM artists in one show, but not today.” Dong Yeop said. “That should make our third surprise for today.”

2NE1 was introduced with Be Mine, their latest single, as their background music. “Yah! 2NE1 is finally back!” Dong Yeop shouted and clapped his hands in an outrageous way. “Next in line, we have Tiffany-ssi of Suh Nyuh Shi Dae and Top of BIGBANG! Let’s welcome them all!”

Fans that filled up the whole of the small audience area cheered their hearts out and the sound reverberated around the studio.

 

 

“What do you think is the reason why, you guys, some of the artists of YG and SM companies are here together now?” Asked Dong Yeop to everyone generally until his eyes landed on Tiffany. “Tiffany-ssi?”

“I don’t even know why I’m here as a guest, oppa. Manager-unnie didn’t even brief me. I’m the only SM artist here.” She smiled cheerfully.

“What about us?” Leeteuk pointed out.

Tiffany abruptly turned her head to him when she realized that certainly, there were the two of his closest oppas in Super Junior Leeteuk and Eunhyuk. “Oh, right,  sorry Leeteuk oppa, I totally forgot.” She smiled and let her aegyo do the rest.

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk only shook their heads to pretentiously disregard her.

“I know why Tiffany-ssi is here.” Boom interjected.

“Wae?” Tiffany asked.

“Because of Top-ssi.” Boom said indifferently.

Top threw a look at Boom with wide eyes to warn him not to reveal too much information or else the plan will be found out. He rubbed his chest lightly to calm his pumping heart and prayed that Boom wouldn’t uncover him. Boom threw him an apologetic look as a response.

“Yes, they’re rumored to be dating right?” interrupted by Jung Juri. Top also threw her a look who, in return, mouthed ‘Is it too early?’

“Yes. You have so many pictures of the two of you together leaked in the internet.” Dong Wook pointed out. Top was exasperated now; he rubbed his nape furiously and threw Dong Wook an infuriated look. Dong Wook winked at him and smiled confidently. Apparently, he didn’t get the message.

“Maybe but that’s not the only reason why I’m here today. I’m close with 2NE1 as well and I’m here to support them for their comeback. I actually visit them in YG from time to time.” Tiffany finally said as response.That should divert them off the course even just a little. She was always good at dodging issues. But she wasn’t proud of it. Most of the time, she wanted to just tell the truth about them, but she couldn’t do that. She couldn’t disappoint her company. And Top couldn’t disappoint his.

“This is just the beginning but I can already see a very happy ending  as we finish this episode. Anyway, we have 2NE1 today because, as Tiffany-ssi said, they’re finally coming back and I’m sure they’re gonna take on, not just Korea but also the world starting now. They’re here to promote their newest album, right?” Asked Lee Dong Wook to CL.

 

He tried to smile and laugh with them when there was something funny being told. He tried to be with them but he couldn’t help but feel every tick of the clock, because every second that passed would mean that it would be soon before the big surprise. His heartbeat won’t get any faster and louder than this. Every beat boomed on his eardrums. He was actually wondering why the other guests near him couldn’t hear it.

 “Top-ssi, will you explain to us about what is written on your board?” Asked Lee Dong Wook.

“Right, we’ve been intrigued by it for a while now... “The day of affirmation and surprises.” what does that mean?” Boom pretended to ask.

Top did not hear him clearly at first because he was still distracted with his train of thoughts. CL even had to poke him on his side to give his senses back to him. He noticed that everyone had their eyes on him.

“What was the question again?” He asked as he scratched his nape for the nth time.

This made everyone on the set laugh, so the question was repeated for him.

He looked at each of the people that surrounded him. Everyone was looking at him. He really felt the spotlight was on him. The cameras all focused on him at different angles. He noticed each of them had different expressions on their faces.  The MCs and the fixed guests had their look of pure anticipation, while 2NE1 gave him hopeful looks and smiles. Bom even clasped her hands together.

It became very silent as everyone was looking at him still. His eyes landed on Tiffany whose eyes were filled with worry. He knew the reason she was worried was because she doesn’t have any idea about what was to come. She looked so innocent. Her face made him calm down and breathe evenly. For the first time that day, he finally let out a genuine smile. She was the only person he could see, she was the only person that mattered. He then looked back in front but his eyes could only see Tiffany’s face through his mind. “Actually, I wanted to put, “I’m ready but are you?” and I thought that it would be lame and that it wouldn’t make any sense.” He laughed to himself. But it felt so loud since everyone was dead silent, eager to listen to every word he was about to say.

“Top-ssi, now is the time to tell your story.” Dong Wook said gently, and nodded his head as the go signal.

Top breathed heavily for the last time. “Ok then, first, I’m going to affirm that yes, I am responsible for rescheduling this recording early today. Because I can’t wait till afternoon to get the answer I’ve been dreading for the past two years now.

The second thing that I’m gonna affirm is that it is true that I am dating someone. And I’ve been dating her for the past two years now.”

 “Chincha?! Who?” Jung Juri excitedly asked while many fangirls in the audience squealed their surprise. “Is it with Tiffany-ssi?”

Tiffany only smiled as response. But deep down, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She couldn’t get why he would talk about such topic when she finally dodged it awhile ago. Does he want to reveal their relationship without asking for her permission? But she didn’t interrupt. Of course, he’s not going to do that!

“I will get into that noona.” Said him. “This girl, I’ve had a crush on her for ages. Even before, I was head over heels for her. I could not even make myself confess my feelings to her. That’s how much I’m in love with her. Then, it came a time that, maybe my brothers couldn’t take it anymore so they made a plan to make the two of us finally meet. Those morons.. But I’m most thankful for them. If not for them, she wouldn’t be mine right now. And since then, I couldn’t stop myself from smiling like a fool deep in love. She’s always in my mind. I was truly struck by Cupid’s arrow for her. I sometimes think that she must have made me drink a love potion or something.” Tiffany was close to protesting about it but prevented it.

“Before, work was the most important thing for me, nothing else. But it changed; she’s the most important thing for me and always will be. Her road is the only direction I’m going to pursue. All the decisions I make, I make for her. She’s my future too. I know. I have changed when she came along. And it was a good change, because no one seems to disapprove about the two of us being together. All our friends support us, I think. Another thing I learned from her, I understand girls more than ever since she has a lot of sisters. And since I’m like their big brother, I learned to be selfless. But most importantly, I learned to look at only one girl. And that it will only be her. I finally felt being jealous too because there are a lot of guys who keep tailing her.” Top paused for awhile. “If only I can tell you all our stories but we will ran out of time for sure.”

By this time, the cameras were divided between top and tiffany. Tiffany didn’t know what to do and what to think of it. She knew he was talking about her. And it made her feel like having butterflies in her stomach but she couldn’t get why he was saying all of these things. She did not really know why he was saying all of these. Unless he’s going to propose to me but that’s just...Oh my God.Is he going to propose to me?

“The third thing I’m going to affirm.. Uh, I’ve been contemplating on this thought for a very very very long time. Just for this precious confirmation/approval whatever you call it. I’ve thought about this last year, and a year ago but I knew that it was not yet the right time for it. I first made sure that we’d be ready for this when the time comes, and I hope this time will be the time. Although I haven’t asked for her permission about this yet but that’s the point why it’s called a surprise right? This yes will change my whole life.” Top stood up and walked over to where Tiffany was sitting. He went down on bended knee and rummaged something from his coat. The camera focused on Tiffany’s stunned expression with her hands covering . Top opened the little box. “Tiffany Hwang, Hwang Miyoung, babe, I guess you’ve heard my very long speech right? Will you marry me?”

Everyone held their breath and waited for Tiffany’s response.

“YES!”

Top stood up at once and gave her a brief but contented kiss and hugged her tightly. He was almost close to crying but he didn’t know why he wanted to cry so he stopped himself from it instead. The rest of the guests tapped his shoulders to congratulate them both. He wanted to thank all of them but he really felt like crying so he hid his face more on the crook of her neck. The whole studio rained with confetti. 

Tiffany smiled and hugged him back. “Yah! Is this why you wouldn’t tell me why you were so pale and stiff this morning?”

“Hmm.” He said with his muffled voice while still hiding on her shoulder.

“And why you wouldn’t look at me? And why your hands were so cold and sweaty?” She asked while his head.

“Hmm.” Top wiped the few tears that he couldn’t stop from falling with the back of his hand.

“And is this why you’re crying?” She asked and giggled.

“Hmm.”

“You always make me cry before because you are such a trouble-maker. But what did I do to make you cry?”

“Hmm.”

 

“Yah, this episode is full of surprises. Good surprises. I guess this answer the questions we imposed on Tiffany awhile ago. And guys, would you be surprised if Top-ssi will win for the best story? This had been Strong Heart. See you guys later and good day.” Dong Yeop said.

 

-----------------

a/n: this is the end! it's my first time to ever finish a story. and it's all for you guys. i made the story for my fellow deprived topfany shippers. i wanna be a writer someday, and i guess this would be a start for me. so thanks for my readers/silent readers, susbcribers, all of you, and all your comments. i love you! :3 

ps. i love topfany so i dont have any plans on stopping from writing more of them. but im open to other couples as well. :3

note! main image sourced from My Mind Mine retrieved from http://sasa3848.tumblr.com/