The Start?

I Will Love You Till The World's End (The Darkling Games)

~~~~~~~~~~

3 Years After The Dark Snow Incident.

~~~~~~~~~~

The large bus had heaved to a stop. I watched as everyone gather at the entrance of the bus.

I stood back watching them push and shove each other, fighting their way onto the vehicle, trying to escape the cold morning air.

I pursed my lips being the last one to step onto the bus. I hesitantly took a step on the bus.

There were only a few steps but I wanted to drag time as long as possible. I did not want to go to a new school. I pouted. Heck, I don't even know where the school is. The brochure wasn't even accurate, but it was free for Darklings, housing and everything was free. How could I reject that kind of offer? I would have been forced to go to this school and I probably couldn't go back to my old school anyways.

Everyone has changed after all...

The bus seats were luxuriously crafted black leather with armrests.

Frankly, the bus itself was fancy, clean, and everything seemed so expensive.

I sighed, sat down crossing my legs in an empty seat next to the window in the very front.

It's ironic how in cars people always argue and fight for the front while on buses people always fight for sits in the back.

The bus doors slowly started to close, until someone held the doors open, a pair hands held the doors steady preventing them from slamming shut.

A group of teenage boys barged in, apologizing to the bus driver who was more annoyed about his glass doors being covered in fingerprints than them being late.

The 5 boys noticed that the front seats of the bus were the only seats available.

They stared blankly at the seats opposite of where I was sitting and then the seat next to me.

The 5 of them started arguing over who had sit next to me, since there were 5 seats left and one of them was next to me. I watched them huddle in a group, they shoved and punched each other until finally they decided on a game, and then it seemed like they were playing rock, paper, scissors.

4 of them raised their heads, laughing in victory, as the feminine like boy gloomed in defeat.

The bus driver who had already shut the sliding doors shut was getting annoyed waiting for the 5 of them to take their seats.

The 4 of them paired off taking their seats on the opposite direction.

The feminine like boy looked at me with a frown and quietly took his seat next me.

I raised an eyebrow. It can't be the end of world sitting next to me. I mean, yeah my hair is dyed yellow, my ears are pierced, and I may be a tomboy, but seriously? It's only one bus ride and after that we might hardly see each other at school, it's not like it's going to kill you, unless I kill you of course. (Oops forget I said that *winks to  the reader*)

The bus started moving, it sped off onto the road, I pulled out my book from my small yellow Pikachu backpack, and started reading.

Several moments later the feminine like boy tapped me on the shoulder. I was so into the book and it had just got to a good part, annoyed, I looked up, observing his silent terrified expression.

I frowned, raising an eyebrow, I watched him point ahead, the bus was on course, straight for the edge of the cliff.

My eyes widened, and my jaw dropped as I watched the bus driver speed faster toward the end of the path, my book slid out of my hands. Closer and closer he drove the bus towards the sharp cliff. I had no idea how he could even get the bus to the mountains in such a short period of time.

People soon realized where he was speeding to and started screaming at the bus driver pleading him to stop the vehicle, while others hollered useless questions.

He ignored everyone and just started laughing.

HOLY ... This bus driver is nuts, he's really going to kill us all by driving us down a cliff.

The feminine like boy started to clutch on to me with his dear life as so did I as we reached the end of the cliff.

Hell, I bet everyone is holding to each other or onto something or someone because I bet are all going to die.

The bus sped off the cliff, flying in midair, everyone was screaming their lungs off, we were in all in mid air, at that moment, everything felt as if it was suspended in slow motion, while the bus driving was laughing crazily.

The bus free fell, it was falling face down and fast. This was it... I guess I'm going to die in a bus with a ton of people that I don't even know.

Until suddenly black seat belts flew out of the seats and quickly strapped everyone and I into the seats.

A black portal opened in front of my eyes, I shut my eyelids tight as it swallowed me and the entire bus whole.

The bus's wheels slammed on hard ground. My eyes fluttered open to the impact.

It magically arrived at the school. What? I was absolutely confused.

Everyone and I had let out a sigh of relief yet were confused about how we got here.

We have survived miraculously. All thanks to that strange black portal that appeared out of nowhere.

I had let go of the feminine like boy once I had realized we were safe. His eyes were shut closed still was attached to me, holding on tightly.

The bus driver had finally caught his breath from laughing.

The boy peeked an eye open realizing that we were no longer free falling from a cliff.

The feminine like boy realized he was still grappled onto me, he turned scarlet, and let go, embarrassed from what he had done.

I coldly watched the bus driver laugh breathlessly, "Ahahahahaha, Oh me, Oh my. Ahaha, I swear you guys should have seen the look on your faces!  Ahahahhahaha..." He imitated a few of our faces continuing to burst out of laughter.

I was purely annoyed after realized the bus driver was a darkling and it was all just a big fat prank.

Others were relieved or annoyed or angry at the bus driver and soon started to complain and somewhat threaten the bus driver.

He stood up straight, fixing his posture, and he had stopped laughing, "Now, now my darlings, don't get yourselves tied in a knot. After all I was only messing around, I'm the Headmaster for a reason, Ya know?"

Everyone looked at him confusedly. Headmaster? Him?

He smirked at our exchanged glances and confused expressions.

He sighed and held out a hand to the side. His palm facing inward.

A dark ball of some strange matter condensed in his palm. It opened up into a huge oval as he held it in front of him. Everyone watched, bewildered by his talent.

He stepped through the dark oval, and just like that, his clothes changed, the sunglasses, and cap dissipated. His handsome features were revealed.

In fact it was enough to make girls swoon over his looks.

His raven colored hair shone as the sunlight hit the bus windows, which was perfectly styled to his liking. He miraculously changed into dashingly stunning jet black suit with a silver tie.

His eyes glowed a bright amethyst. It were as if his eyes were bright orbs of lightly colored purple fire.

He was grinning from ear to ear after showing off his pair of sharp canine like teeth.

"Now that you've seen my little show and I've had my fun. Let us have our grand magnificent tour of this academy. Shall we?"

Everyone and I just stared and nodded, obeying the mysteriously strange man.

He lifted a finger over his head creating a circle motion over his head, a dark purplish portal stretched over his head, it swallowed him whole, and with that he was gone.

Some started to search around the bus wondering where he had went.

The back door of the bus swung open and there he stood leaning against the door.

Everyone directed their attention onto him and headed to the exit he had opened.

While waiting, I had to admit he got me there with that prank of his. I broke away from that thought. As I remembered my book that slid from my hand.

I bent down to pick up my book which was sticking out under a seat.

Another hand seemed to have grabbed it. I looked up, realizing that the feminine like boy had gotten it for me.

"H-Here", He gave me a slight smile and handed me the book.

"I -uh, am sorry for earlier, I didn't mean to come off as rude and cling to you like that. Sorry.", He added apologizing awkwardly.

"It's okay", I smiled.

He seemed relieved and smiled, "The -uh Headmaster really got us. Huh?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he did."

"So -uhm what is your name?", He cleared his throat and asked.

"Woo Rin Hyun. And you?

"Taemin, Lee Taemin. It's nice to meet you Rinhyun-ssi." He smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too, Taemin-ssi."

He noticed his friends were leaving without him and turned to me, "Well, I'd better get going now. See you around."

I nodded.

And with that he left following after the other 4 boys he had come with.

What a strange guy.

I shoved my book into my small bag.

Being last, I stepped off the bus, zipping it the bag as I stomped onto the cement.

The Headmaster grinned, eyeing me, "Ah, at last all of you are here together. Now if you'd all follow me."

It was a short walk and a huge flight of stairs.

He led us up the last stairs leading into the big dark building.

With one go, he pushed the huge wooden doors open, I watched as the doors swing open.

Everyone took a few steps inside, dazed by the enormous elegant lobby.

He smiled, "I the Headmaster. Welcome, all of you to Korea's new and finest Academy for the Darkly Gifted. This is the only brand new school in the world that is placed in the sky and the only Academy for the Darkly Gifted in Korea. This is the lobby."

I was speechless as my eyes scanned around the lobby, it seemed never ending with hallways, rooms, and stairs. I shuddered to the thought of getting lost in this place.

The Headmaster sighed, "Now, now, my new students, stop dilly dallying, we still have a long way to go with this tour."

He ushered everyone and me, through to the dormitories, the classrooms, the cafeteria, the offices, and explained everything.

Except for one part. Housing.

He led us to a big room that I think was a theater, but it was really fancy though.

He stood on the stage, facing the group of people including me.

"This is the last part of the tour, the theater. Normally this would be the end of this fantastic tour, I call out house names, the people, the dorm room numbers, and everyone goes off to their dorms, yatta, yatta, yatta, school starts the next day. However, I just thought of something fun, instead we will have a class tournament deciding the house you all would be in. Although, I would have just randomly put you all in houses, but what would be the fun of that?"

Some groaned while others cheered b with excitement or violence.

I honestly had no comment.

The headmaster directed everyone onto the red theater chairs. I noticed that people had already split into their own groups with their friends.

I sat alone in the front. The headmaster remained on the stage as he changed his clothes into a referee. I must admit, I love this headmaster already, I can't imagine our teachers. He snapped his fingers.

A black portal appeared above him, a clip board, a pen, a fancy hat, and a pair of glasses fell perfectly into his hands and head. The portal then poofed into thin air.

He put the glasses on and began checking off the clipboard with a pen.

"Ah let's see... seems like this group is an exception. There will be no need for them to proceed to a showdown as for they are excused. Will Choi Minho, Lee Jinki, Lee Taemin, Kim Jonghyun, and Kim Kibum, Please come up here?", The Headmaster called.

They all emerged from the group and raised an eyebrow as I watched Taemin line up on the stage with his friends and bow to the audience.

The Head Master continued, "I introduce to you, the first ever human house that was recently created by the founders of this school. They will be known Illumination. Otherwise known as SHINee."

The students clapped, silently watching them bow once again, as they left the stage.

He sighed, "Aishh, I forgot this environment isn't suitable for a tournament."

He lifted his hands into the air, dark inky purplish smoke emerged from his sleeves as it went its way around the room.

The room changed, the ceiling disappeared, the walls dissipated, the stage changed, everything morphed into a giant strange arena that words could not even explain.

The headmaster started to explain the rules. The exceptions were for those who could not use their power for combat and other reasons. The rules were simple, fight until the one is knocked out, or unless both participants are unable to participate or both agree to withdraw from the match. The dorms will be decided by him and if you lose doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to end up in the lowest house. Just depended on how you use your talent. He also said he would stop the match if it got out of hand.

He clapped his hands twice, a portal appeared. He slipped his hand into it withdrawing a sheet of paper. He then ripped them into even small strips of paper.

He threw the strips of paper into his hat.

He withdrew two strips of paper from the black fancy top hat. He called the two names.

I watched the matches pass by, their dark power, each and every single one of them unique in their own way yet could not used in combat.

Until, the headmaster called out, "Kwon Jiyong and Kim Jihee."