005; business function

blossom [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I can't believe I'm wearing such a fancy dress to an even fancier event and even more so than I ever thought I would." Serena slightly complained, even if in awed.

She, her sister, and cousins arrived at the Four Seasons Hotel's venue hall thanks to Hanyoung and Junyoung on this lovely Sunday evening despite having their talent show practice earlier that day. The four wore the same styled strapless fitted gown, but in different colors. Serena in an off white, Kierra in a rose gold, Linna in a mauve rose, and Melanie in a smoky blue. They were rented out by the male duo when they went dress shopping yesterday and to rehearse in what they were gonna do and say throughout the business function. Despite the overall event being fromal, the male duo eased the nervousness of the quartet by suggesting something more comfortable for their friends while still staying classly. Each handed their invitations to one of the staff, indicating that they were invited to the said event.

"And not knowing that both Junyoung and Hanyoung came from such a sophisicated background, too." Kierra mumbled, messing with her dress.

"Right?" The other two agreed.

"They honestly don't seem like a chaebol."

"For real. They don't give off that vibe at all."

"Makes you wonder why they're working at Simplistic and not in an office." Linna remarked a the other agreed.

"However, I have my doubts about this whole thing now that I think about it." Serena interjected.

"Can we even make their exes jealous? I mean, they are from the elite and we're not. We give off obvious vibe, to be honest"

"We shall see since Junyoung and Hanyoung are pretty cool and not at all cocky or arrogant."

Melanie shrugged as she looked around them.

"Still, those exes lost out on some good men though."

"True that." Linna agreed.

"I just hope they find someone that appreciates them better though."

"For real." The other three agreed as they once again looked about the place.

"Now, where are those two at anyway?"

"Good evening ladies." Junyoung greeted them as they faced the male.

He flashed them a smile alongside Hanyoung. Junyoung wore a white beige three piece suit with a charocoal gray tie and handkerchief in the pocket whereas Hanyoung's looked the same, but in the colors of mid-gray and black.

"Wow, so handsome." Melanie compliemented as the other three agreed.

"Yeah, but honestly, never thought the two of you would wear such a thing."

The two chuckled as they looked down at their attire before facing them again.

"Yeah, it's been a while."

Hanyoung nodded as Junyoung pulled at his collar a bit.

"But they're so suffocating."

The quartet shared a laugh before the duo smiled at them.

"But the four of you all look beautiful tonight."

"I knew these colors fit you best."

"Thanks."

"So, which of the four of you is my date tonight?" The pair asked, looking from one to the other.

"She is."

Both Linna and Melanie slightly pushed their sisters towards the pair. The older cousins cast their sisters with a small glare as male duo chuckled with a playful smile.

"Ooh, excellent choice."

"Yes, perfect for the role."

"Yeah, right." Kierra and Serena sarcastically replied as the younger two snickered at their situation.

"Hopefully, I don't have to fend one of you off from other admirers tonight." Hanyoung joked as Junyoung agreed.

"Oh, yes. We can't have that either, unless one of you want to."

"Yeah, right." Serena and Kierra brushed off with a laugh as the males got prepared while the younger two giggled at the interactions.

"C'mon along, my dear Minseo, you're my arm candy tonight."

Hanyoung offered his arm to Serena as Junyoung did the same with Kierra.

"And the same to you, too, my lovely Hayoun."

"Ew." Kierra and Serena cringed at the whole lovey-dovey part of this, but it up.

"Y'all better not overdo it with the lovey-dovey stuff."

The males chuckled, but netherless, the male duo smiled in good-nature as the older two smiled in the same sense, but they were already here to play their parts to help their co-worker friends despite still feeling nervous. Linna and Melanie watched as the so-called couple walked arm in arm to do what they gotta do while they lingered behind.

"So, wanna check out the food table?" Linna asked a second later as Melanie nodded enthuasitically.

"Hell yeah. I'm starving."

The pair giggled as they made their way to the opposite side of the area to dine in to whatever the elite served for their event.

"Oh, pardon me." Serena excused herself from the table as she looked over at Hanyoung.

"I need to make a call."

He smiled and nodded in understanding. This was her code word if she needed a breather to escape and definitely needed the excuse to destress from interacting since arriving. She didn't realized that being Hanyoung's arm candy would force her to mingle with the others in attendance.

"I'll be right here still, sweetie."

Serena wanted to cringe at the pet-name, but remembered she was the one that gave Hanyoung the okay to call her that before being introduced around.

"Okay, sweetie. Thanks."

She knew he knew that she wanted to punch him for all this, but he flashed her a knowing smile as she bowed her head before hurrying away. She weaved in and out of the other guests all the while searching for her young cousin and sister, but didn't see them. She wondered where they had run off to as she knew that Kierra was still with Junyoung and socializing on the other side of the venue, but continued to make her way out of the hall and to other parts of the hotel. Serena found herself in another large room with one of the indoor pools on the lobby floor and was amazed by the nighttime view of it. 

"Wow, this is really pretty."

She moved closer to view the outside better, but avoided being close to the pool itself as she didn't want to fall in and ruined the rented dress since she wasn't the one that had rented it. Still, being at this business function made her realize this is definitely a world she wouldn't enjoy growing up in and being a part of. Both Junyoung and Hanyoung only came due to their parents to further their network circle, but also knew that their ex-girlfriends would also be coming. At first the two wanted the whole petty revenge of making their ex-girlfriends jealous, but later realized that they weren't worth all that at all. So, Hanyoung and Junyoung focused more on enjoying the event with their dates instead to give them a good time.

"Park Minseo?"

Serena heard her name being said from behind her in a familiar yet questioning tone as she slightly turned her head to see who the person was. She was surprised to see Heeseung standing there that she did a double take as he wore an all black three piece vested double ed suit and not the normal wear he usually wore. Serena just hoped it wasn't obvious because compare to Hanyoung, Serena seemed more surprised of Heeseung all dressed up and found herself feeling some sort of way about it. She shook those thoughts away and plasted a small smile on her face while turning the rest of her body to face him properly.

"Uh, hey, Heeseung."

"Hey yourself."

He flashed her with a friendly smile as he gave her a once over.

"You look lovely this evening."

"Uh, thanks."

The awkwardness settled in and she wished she could be anywhere, but here with him. Serena shot Heeseung with a small smile and with one of her hands, moving in an awkward up and down motion towards of his own attire.

"You look handsome yourself."

"Oh, thank you."

A chuckle escaped his lips as Serena grew shy in front of Heeseung. She however figured it may due to the event and seeing him and herself in this sort of unfamiliar setting outside of school and just out of their normal circumstances in general.

"So, um, what are you doing here?"

Heeseung chuckled.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Ah, true, but I'm here because my co-worker invited me as his date for a business function."

"Oh?"

Heeseung's demeanor slightly shifted, but a polite smile remained on his face.

"You're dating?"

"Oh, no. No." She answered with a sheepish laugh.

"Him and I aren't like that. It's just for tonight to help him out."

She gave him a curious look.

"What about you though? Are you here for the same business function that's taking place in the grand hall?"

"Ah, that, yes and no. I, Sunghoon, and a few others were invited by Jay and Jake to attend as their parents were unable to make it themselves. So here I am."

Serena realized that he mentioned three particular names and that there would be even three other certain people that would panicked if they came across those said three people. She hoped all went well tonight.

"Oh, I see. Well, aren't you a wonderful friend."

"Yeah, but I'm surprised you and I didn't run into each other earlier until now."

"Oh, yeah, me too. Hanyoung practically dragged me all over the room, but I don't remember even half of the people I've met tonight anyway."

"Well, you're not missing out."

The two share a laugh and just as Heeseung opened his mouth to ask a question, Serena got bumped from behind and stumbled into the pool.

"Minseo!"

Heeseung reached out a hand to catch her, but missed the opportunity by a few seconds. His head snapped to the right of him to see who had bumped into Serena to cause her fall into the pool.

"Did you do that on purpose, Yoo Taeha?"

"It was an accident, Heeseung. It's not like I purposely did it." Taeha countered.

Heeseung sighed, slightly annoyed. He ignored her as he crouched near the edge of the pool while holding out his right arm when Serena resurfaced.

"Over here, Minseo."

Serena glanced over while treading water to stay afloat. Others glanced over at the trio, but remained where they were. Only one hotel staff rushed over to assist with Heeseung informing the man to fetch a couple of towels.

"I'll help you out."

Serena swam over and took his offered hand. Heeseung pulled her closer to the edge of the pool before taking her other hand in his to help get her out of the water.

"What just happened?"

She looked up at Heeseung as he slightly motioned with his head towards Taeha once Serena's feet safely steady itself back onto solid ground. She quitely groaned, wondering how she was going to explain this to Hanyoung and the price it may cost to get this clean properly, too. However, she paid no attention to the other woman, knowing that this was just another jealousy moment on Taeha's end as Serena knew how she was like, having known her since high school as well. Anyway, Serena felt some type of cloth covering her a moment later. She realized it was Heeseung's suit jacket.

"Are you sure?"

Serena eyes widened at the fabric drapped over her. Heeseung smiled warmly before quickly glancing away.

"You're the one that needs it more than me at the moment."

"But I'm sure I could get a towel or something. I really don't need it."

Heeseung continued to avoid eye-contact.

"It's coming, but you definitely needed something right now."

The way his words came out made her questioned why he would say it like that. She glanced down and realized she was in white and the dress now seemed a bit too fitting for her than before. Serena shot him an uneasy, but grateful smile.

"Um, thanks."

"You're welcome."

Taeha didn't like the interactions as she tried to get Heeseung's attention again.

"C'mon, Heeseung.Let's return to the party."

Taeha made to grab Heeseung's arm to pull him away from Serena, but he turned his head and gave her a firm look while shaking off her grip.

"You do realized that I'm not really a part of this function, right?"

"Bu-"

Taeha instantly stopped talking once she noticed Heeseung's expression. She huffed, released his arm, and rushed off, leaving the pair behind.

"Did you want me to call your date or something?" Heeseung asked a moment later.

She eyed him weirdly as she heard the hesitation in his voice when he asked the question, but dismissed it and the situation at hand.

"No, it's okay. I don't want to bother him about what had just occured."

Just then a hotel staff returned with two towels. Heeseung immediately took them and placed one around Serena's shoulder and the other draped over her head.

"Need to make sure you get dry soon."

Please log in to read the full chapter