021; parties

blossom [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Y'know, Hayoun, I think our sisters are liking this life a little too much at times."

"Well, Minseo, concerning free food and wearing pretty dresses, then yes they are since it's the best time to enjoy fun activities."

"Highly true."

"Highly."

Both Kierra and Serena made their way back to the party after using the restroom. They were here in attendance for Chaeyoung's eldest sister's son's third birthday held a few days after Woojoo's weekend getaway. The party was held at a luxury resort that led out to a vast terrace with a beautiful garden and a swimming pool. 

"Then again," Kierra began, "Our lives haven't been the same since last December."

"Yes, true, but we can still write and live our life the way we want though."

"Yes, but it's a different story when it actually happens to you compare to what you see in a show series."

"Very much so, but it's kinda cliche to be honest."

Serena began listing some things.

"Interacting more and knowing more people, participating in a lot of activities with our school and friends, and some potential love life aspect, too."

Kierra scowled.

"There is no route for a love life."

"Says you despite what's been happening this past year."

Kierra didn't bother replying, knowing how true her cousin's words were. The cousins rounded the corner and came upon two familiar figures, arguing when another familiar face came from somewhere and slapped the other young woman's face. Then four more familiar people joined the trio with the one that just gotten slapped being targeted by the others.

"Do we really have to deal with Seo Yuri and es tonight?" Serena muttered, annoyed as Kierra shook her head in disbelief.

"And of course, Lee Yejun is the one at fault for bothering Hyeyoung."

So, the cousins came to their friend's rescue, instantly putting themselves between themselves both parries.

"What are you even doing here?" Yuri snapped at seeing the two.

"Back off so I can deal with this pathetic person for seducing my boyfriend once again."

"I was not seducing your pathetic scumbag of a boyfriend." Hyeyoung countered.

"He wouldn't leave me alone and even tried to follow me to the bathroom after being rejected so many times."

"I was doing no such thing." Yejun countered, flustered even.

"Yuri, baby, don't believe this girl. She was trying to get back together with me."

"Leave this alone and no one will get hurt." Serena advised them with a steady tone.

"Because it's not gonna be pretty when others come out here and wondered what the commotion is all about."

"So, either you, Seo Yuri, handle the situation between yourself and your boyfriend and leave our friend alone or you'll be dealing with not just the two of us here." Kierra added, voice hardening.

"Take care your pick and make it quick."

Yuri stomped her feet, angrily as she surpressed her screams while dragging her boyfriend away with the other four sending them glares, but hurried after them.

"You okay?" Kierra asked, Hyeyoung.

"Yes, and thank you." She thanked them, feeling relieved.

"I thought I would have to fight off all of them if something happened.

"You're welcome."

"Luckily, we came in time."

"Anyway," Serena gave her friend a look.

"Who do you know here besides Chaeyoung?"

"I'm actually a relative from Chaeyoung's sister's husband's side. I only came because my parents dragged me out here." Hyeyoung admitted with a laugh.

"Wow, small world." Kierra commented before motioning with her head towards the main hall.

"Anyway, let's head back to the party and we won't tell Chaeyoung about this."

Still, Kierra and Serena hoped they all could avoid the quintet and their boyfriends if possible.

"Look at who we have here."

The cousins' attention turned towards Yuri and friends. Luckily, their boyfriends weren't with them. However, the quartet thought they would be fine, being away from others as they had just gotten away from their friends and four particular men after interacting all night. Now they wished that Sujin, Woojoo, Hyeyoung, and even the four men were around right now.

"Why are you even talking to us?" Melanie remarked in a tired tone with Linna chiming in.

"Yeah? Don't y'all have to keep tabs on your boyfriends so that they don't wander?"

The four snickered as Yuri scowled. Still, the cousins didn't want to argue or cause a scene, especially at their friend's family gathering.

"Anyway, we're gonna go since y'all want this spot or whatever." Serena informed them as the four made to leave.

"Hey, wait a minute now!" Yuri called after them while trying to grab onto Serena's arm as she was closes to her.

Serena shook off Yuri's hold, but in the process had stumbled over her own feet and went crashing against her sister and cousins. However, the five took this moment to get back at the four by discreetly pushing them into the pool and making it look like an accident. The quintet ran off after that, not wanting to be blame for the so-called incident they didn't do despite pushing other people out of their way, causing even more to fall into the pool soon afterwards. The other guests watched on with very few lending a helping hand. The cousins swam to the other side of the pool as it was less crowded and avoided being in the crowded mess with the other guests flapping around, clumsily. All four lifted themselves out of the pool and caught their breaths while processing what had just happened. Soon they each felt some type of fabric being wrapped around them a moment later. They stared at the man's suit jacket as their eyes met with familiar faces.

"Thanks." The quartet thanked Sunghoon, Jay, Jake, and Heeseung for helping them.

"You're welcome."

They each helped pulled the cousins to their feet a moment later.

"Oh, no. What happened here?"

Chaeyoung's sister, Dayoung, came upon the scene and witnessed her sister's friends in their wretched state.

"You're all drenched. Are you okay?"

The quartet nodded as Dayoung came towards them with a worried look while the four men backed off to give them space.

"Are any of you hurt?"

The four shook their heads while Dayoung looked over the crowd and spotted her sister with a reassuring smile.

"Chaeyoung."

Dayoung motioned her sister over while telling her to take care of hers and if they didn't want to stay and needed cab fare to let her know. Chaeyoung nodded while motioning at her friends. The cousins apologized to Dayoung for causing a scene, but she brushed them off, saying that they weren't at fault. Dayoung took care of the other guests while being assisted by her husband and sister-in-law whereas Chaeyoung asked her friends if they wanted to wait for new clothes or if to just get out of there. They chose the latter and Chaeyoung knew that they would. So, she called them a taxi and while waiting she got them towels to help them out from the resort staff. However, she left them alone when Heeseung, Jay, Jake, and Sunghoon joined them shortly afterwards before bidding them goodbye when their ride appeared and that they would return them their suit jacket after getting it cleaned. It was returned the next day as they didn't want a repeat like Serena earlier this year.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlmen!" Seona greeted the crowd.

"And thank you so much for attending my birthday party."

The quartet found themselves in Gapyeong at a luxury resort for Seona's birthday celebration several days later and didn't realized that she also came from a wealthy background. Then again, in the past, they always celebrated at either Girls One or Girls Two's homes or at a restaurant until this year. Despite it being their friend's birthday, it seemed more like a business function as Seona explained that this part of the party was the only thing she had a say in. Which the cousins agreed to help Seona have the best birthday ever despite her parents still controlling it in the end. However, what Seona didn't tell her parents was that she allowed the the four and their other friends to spice things up to at least make it a night to remember for her than for her parents. She wanted it for her own happiness over theirs.

"Please give a warm welcome to, Color Me Pretty!"

Seona motioned for the four to join her on the make stage. The quartet's group name and stage names were based on their colorful dresses thanks to Seona. The cousins each wore an a-line off-the-shoulder asymmetrical chiffon lace cocktail dress with sequins alongsdise a lace-like choker pendant necklace with matching high heels and feathered sequin and laced masquerade masks. Linna in sky blue, Melanie in lilac, Kierra in daffodil, and Serena in mint green. 

"1, 2," Melanie began as they finished as a group,"We're Color Me Pretty!"

"I'm Lilac."

"I'm Sky Blue."

"I'm Daffodil."

"I'm Mint Green."

Melanie spoke again.

"Please watch over us kindly."

"Good luck and have fun." Seona wished as she left them to perform.

The four got into formation as performe to rearrange choreographies to Roller Coaster, Love U, and Gotta Go. The real fun began when the quartet performed to Dr. Feel Good. The song and dance were a little more provactive than the previous songs, but seeemed fitting for a distraction. Chaos ensued all around as Seona and friends got a hold of silly strings and water bottles and started spraying and splashing the crowd before the chorus hit. Then the song got cut off as yelling could be heard from Seona's parents to settled the crowd.

"I think we should go now." Serena informed the other three once she noticed some men in black looking like security guards.

"Oh, yeah, definitely."

Not wanting to get caught or having to deal with Seona's parents the four and the rest of their friends took off with Seona giving them encouraging smiles as they abandoned the spray cans where they were or tossing them away in a nearby trashcan. So much was happening, with loud shouting and yelling from everywhere and anywhere, but the quartet ran off laughing and not caring about them being in heels as an adrenaline rush came over them compare to the pain they would be feeling much later on.

"Oh, ."

While moving through the throngs of bodies, the cousins were separated from one another, but each unfortunately came across one of the men in black. Before they could debate on how to make an escape, they each felt a hand slip into theirs and pull them away from the security guards in another direction.

"Jay?"

"Sunghoon?"

"Heeseung?"

"Jake?"

Surprised, each gazed at their savior, wondering why they were here and where did they even come from. Still, the cousins were so caught up in helping Seona and planning with Sujin, Woojoo, and the others that they forgot that the young men attended the function, too.

"Let's go."

Each took their hand and made their way out through one of the side doors to the open rest area, passing the open gates, and onto the grasssy area of the resort. Unfortunately, they got caught amongst the sprinklers and became instantly drenched. The males panicked about the whole thing yet the females basked in the moment, laughing, causing him to stop and stare at her in a daze. In that moment, he quickly closed the distance between them, gently took her face in his hands, and tenderly place his lips upon hers. She stiffened upon the initimate action, but kissed him back, getting caught in the moment before realization hit her. She immediately pulled away and ran off, leaving him dazed once more yet not confused with a smile forming on his face. However, for the cousins distracted themselves with other activities, ignoring the males' messages and calls, pretending that nothing initmate happened between them.

"Good evening, everyone!" Hyeyoung greeted the crowd of 20 CUBE.

"Tonight, we have some spectacular performances for y'all tonight as we're celebrating 20 CUBE's third birthday since opening!"

The crowd cheered with several being the cousins' friends as they were participating in 20 CUBE's anniversay event thanks to Hyeyoung.

"Now, let's get this anniversary party started!"

The crowd clapped and cheered as several acts came and went until it was the quartet's turn. It's been a few days since Seona's birthday celebration.

"One, two," Linna began, as they finished as a group, "We're Summer Girls!"

The quartet didn't individually introduced themselves and had a quick talking ment as they got into formation for their Dolphin+Dun Dun Dance performance. However, during the stage they caught sight of him and weren't aware he would be in the audience tonight, but figured that Sujin and Woojoo invited the others to come out and have fun tonight. Still, they focused on their performance, not letting him distract her. Soon, the quartet bid goodbye to the crowd while the next set of acts went on to perform. The cousins weren't done yet for the night as they had a special dance performance with males friends from their high school days, but attended different universities. The males also worked for 20 CUBE and asked the cousins for helped with 20 CUBE's special event due to Hyeyoung's recommedation.

"Hi, we're DaengNyang!"

Serena and her partner, Park Hyesung, introduced their pairing name as they performed to I'm Yours+Down in the DM due to their puppy-cat concept and actual behavior to one another despite being close in general. Kierra and her partner, Ahn Youngjun, were next.

"Hi, we're NoonaSaeng!"

They performed to Noona You're So Pretty due to their slight age difference and song concept. However, they did date in the past. For the next performance, both Linna and Melanie teamed up with their partners, Yang Hyuk and Shin Yechan, as a team of four instead of like their sisters.

"Hi, we're Spicy Friends!"

Melanie and Hyuk, performed first with Linna and Yechan joining them later while performing to the song, Work (R3hab & Quintino Remix). The name was due to their share love for spicy food and even tried to start a club for spicy lovers in their first year of high school, but that idea fell through as they failed to recruit enough members and get a faculty to be their advisor.

"Whoo! Give it up for our performers tonight!"

Hyeyoung returned to the stage, clapping alongside the audience.

"Anyway, please enjoy the food, music, and do join us again next Sunday!"

The quartet were on their way out after changing and bidding their other friends godobye, but were immediately intercepted by their other set of friends to join them for roll cakes and milkshakes.

"Why didn't you tell us that you guys perform here often?" Sujin asked, pouting.

"It's not often." Melanie clarified as Kierra nodded.

"Yeah. We just come when Hyeyoung needs a favor."

"Forget that. Didn't your partners also attend Ailan High School?" Seona inquired, looking from one to the other.

"And didn't y'all date them back then or something?"

"Yeah, but I only went on a few dates with Hyesung though in my last year of high school." Serena clarified with Kierra doing the same.

"Yeah, Youngjun and I only dated for like a week during my second year of high school."

"Youngseo and I both went on a group date that involved Yechan and Hyuk during our first year of high school," Linna started as Melanie ended it, "But they ended up dating someone else afterwards that same year to which they're still with to this day."

"Well, despite all that, y'all still have some great chemistry with them." Woojoo commented with a laugh.

The others joined in on the laughter, but four particular ones weren't amused at all compare to the rest. It didn't really help that she kept ignoring him since that day, frustrating him even more as he wanted to know where they stood in the relationship between them now. However, he missed his chance to confront her when the four snuck away some time later despite sending her messages, too.

The cousins wer

Please log in to read the full chapter