Prologue - The Line where the Sun meets The Sea

Chasing The Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All Byulyi wanted was a scapegoat to not fall the fate of every eldest daughter— wedded with no choice, burdened by commitments of marriage and expectations of tied families.

 

She would do anything to escape such a fate. Her youngest sister had just been born, establishing that she’s the eldest of three. Other than taking care of them and helping her mother with their business, Byulyi often hears her grandfather's stories— a distant war.

 

A war of the past— something full of bloodshed and of glory. None of which really rang a bell of curiosity to Byulyi.

 

But one, one story— suddenly echoed back into her memory. Just as she saw her little sisters injured and bullied by some other kids.

 

It was her sisters’ tears when a smoldering ember stoked within Byulyi. She remembered the very story her grandfather told her— one where a e went to the military during a time of desperation, the losing days of war to change the tides one last time.

 

It may have not ended in a political victory but she was able to protect her family and her people, at the cost of her own breath— she changed the conqueror’s war into a stalemate, a peace treaty.

 

And despite the woman never seeing the peace treaty be applied, she was able to defend those who cannot fend for themselves.

 

With this newfound passion to protect, Byulyi became less and less helpful to the family business and even the preparations for marriage— she’s always on the run from her actual responsibilities, worsening her status as an eldest daughter of nobility.

 

She’ll be found stealing texts and scrolls, or in the forest cutting wood or in the gardens doing peasant work— 

 

Because Byulyi has always been into what her father does. Drawing, building, crafting. And along with her grandfather’s stories, she’s usually hiding in the archives of their family library, reading and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter