Oh you kissed me, just to kiss me, not to take me home

Depollute Me / Gentle Angel (JMJ)

 

“You’ll love Jimin!” Ningning beams. “She’s the sweetest thing ever, but you have to give her time to warm up because she’s kind of got this resting face - but that’s just her normal face, as long as you do no wrong to her.” 

 

Minjeong blinks as Ningning blabbers on about the roommate she’s about to meet.

 

Since starting university, Minjeong’s money has rapidly disappeared and could no longer afford to live in her own apartment alone. Ningning had informed her a week prior that she had a friend who was looking for a roommate and Minjeong immediately snatched up the opportunity.


But she didn’t know the roommate was Jimin until now.

 

“Jimin?” Minjeong furrows her brows. “As in Yu Jimin, one year our senior?”

“Yes that Yu Jimin. Ignore whatever you hear about her.” Ningning waves her hand in the air and Minjeong frowns.

“I never listen to people.” She says.

“Exactly why you will be the perfect roommate and she will be the perfect one for you!” Ningning grins. “She won’t bother you unless you bother her. Easier said than done, right?”

“Right.” Minjeong nods sceptically.


 


 

Two weeks later she’s properly introduced to Jimin with Ningning as the mediator— making them shake hands as they enter the neat threshold of Jimin’s apartment.

 

“See, you two get along well!” Ningning pats Minjeong’s shoulder harshly and she lurches forward, almost stumbling into Jimin who smiles shyly.

“Thanks, Ning.” Minjeong grimaces before turning back to Jimin. “And thanks again too, for letting me move in and helping me settle in.”

“My pleasure.” Jimin shrugs, looking away.

“Great! I gotta go meet Aeri-unnie now, be nice to each other!” Ningning skips out the door and there’s a silence that follows and Minjeong can’t tell if it’s unsettling or simply nothing.

 

Minjeong turns to Jimin and smiles awkwardly.

 

“I’ll be setting up my room… if you need anything.” Minjeong clears and Jimin nods.

“Okay, Minjeong.” Jimin smiles softly and Minjeong nods before going into her room, closing the door with a resounding click.





 

It’s not their first time meeting, in truth. Having been going to the same university for the last two years, Minjeong and Jimin are bound to run into each other. It helps that they share a similar group of friends all over, but differences between them— Minjeong is rarely the talk of the campus.

 

It’s not unusual to hear gossip everyday and it’s even more usual to hear something about the infamous Yu Jimin.

 

She sleeps around and leaves people wanting more, but she is unmoving like stone rooted in the ground.

 

Jimin stands tall and stoic most days and only shares occasional laughs and smirks around her friends. Anywhere else, you’ll see her uninterested and closed off.

 

Naturally, it made Minjeong curious, but not curious enough to approach her.

 

And Jimin?

 

Jimin always noticed Kim Minjeong.

 

Kim Minjeong who is best friends with Ning Yizhuo— girlfriend of her best friend, Uchinaga Aeri, and practically the snow white of the student body. She’s kind, all smiles and warm gestures.

 

Jimin strays away from that warmth— finding warmth in hot bodies and burning pains in her chest, but she is left wanting more too.

 

They all see Yu Jimin and always want to keep hands on her to not let her go. They’re selfish and needy creatures.

 

Yu Jimin doesn’t think she’s any better.



 



 

Minjeong had meant to spend the evening studying in the library, but her night was cut short when she ran into her ex, Chaehyun, and awkwardly greeted her before walking in the opposite direction— out of the campus, and back to her shared apartment with Yu Jimin. 

 

When she stumbles into her apartment, feeling pathetic and stupid— she shrieks upon entering the threshold— with barely one shoe off.

 

There on the sofa she watched a movie two nights ago with Jimin— was Jimin herself on top of a shirtless man’s lap, making out quite sensually.

 

Jimin’s eyes widen and she tears away from the man, standing up and distancing herself.

 

“So sorry - I’ll be gone!” Minjeong picks up her shoe from the ground and just turns away, closing the apartment door, not caring if she only has one shoe on and is walking with just her sock on her other foot.

 

Jimin rushes out, stumbling and feeling dishevelled.

 

“Wait - Kim Minjeong!” Jimin opens the door and she looks around and sees the hallway completely empty without a trace of her roommate. “.”

 

She sighs, covering her face with her hands as her ears burn.

 

“Who was that?” The man from earlier stands up and stands behind Jimin at the door, wrapping his arms around her waist and Jimin freezes, turning around and pushing his arms away.

“My roommate.” Jimin tells him and then a beat after– “I think you should go.”

 

He’s not happy leaving, but a promise to see him next pacifies him and Jimin’s crossing her fingers behind her back with a faux expression.




 

Minjeong bursts into Ningning’s apartment and finds Aeri rolling up kimbap as Ningning lounges on her couch.

 

Minjeong takes a look at their couch and her groans, covering her face.

 

“What happened?” Ningning asks. “Did you run into Chaehyun?”

“Yes, but also not that.” Minjeong stalks over and plops right beside Ningning, leaning onto her shoulder.

“I’ll take a guess.” Aeri snorts. “I bet she found Jimin in a compromising position with someone.”

 

Minjeong blushes and she whines, clinging onto Ningning tightly.

 

“Seriously?” Ningning blinks.
“I’m so embarrassed!” She whines. 

“She can’t be doing that with you around.” Ningning frowns. “You guys live together now.”
“It’s not that - I mean, I did tell Jimin that I’d be in the library for the entire night, but I ran into Chaehyun and went back to the apartment because I got turned off, and opened the door and wham! Right on the couch.” Minjeong details her experience.

“I’ll tell Jimin off.” Ningning says, pulling out her phone but Minjeong stops her.

“Don't! What if she’s still… y’know.” She grimaces.

“She’s not.” Aeri says, coming over to show them her phone screen. “She’s asking for you.”

 

Minjeong’s eyes skim over the messages.

 

> Do u know where Minjeong is? 

< She’s with me and ning 

> Can u tell her to come back? I need to talk to her. 

< Lol what’d u do? 

> Something stupid now pls tell her to come back 

 

“Oh.” Minjeong blinks.

“Go.” Ningning chuckles. “Jimin’s going to want to apologise to you with her tail between her legs like a wet dog.” 

“Literally.” Aeri cackles.

“Okay.” Minjeong gets up. “I’ll update you guys later, I guess.”
“Wait - take some kimbap before you go!” Aeri tells her.





 

Minjeong stands outside the apartment she’s been living in for the past month. She stares at the door, suddenly feeling unfamiliar with it.

 

“Get it over with…” She repeats to herself.

 

With kimbap in one hand, she raises her hand to knock but her hand never meets the door as the door swings open and Minjeong yelps. Jimin’s eyes widen as she smiles sheepishly.

 

“Sorry - sorry!” Jimin winces. 

“It’s okay.” Minjeong smiles politely. “Um, I have kimbap - if you’re hungry. Aeri made it.” 

“Thanks.” Jimin smiles.

 

They settle into the apartment and Jimin takes a seat on the sofa, almost gesturing for Minjeong to sit but then she remembers what occurred earlier and she stands back up and heads to their dinner table.

 

“First of all,” Jimin takes a breath. “I just really want to apologise for earlier.”

 

Jimin thinks she’s never been so cautious of someone in her life, but Minjeong is her kind and quiet roommate who sometimes shares food with her. It’s common decency, but because Jimin genuinely wants Minjeong in her life.

 

“I didn’t mean for you to walk in like that - I promise nothing like that in the future will happen again, and if it does - I’d inform you, so please don’t stop being my roommate.” Jimin ducks her head and hopes Minjeong will continue to stay as her roommate. 

 

A gentle chuckle fills the room and Jimin looks up, almost delighted by the sound of Minjeong’s melodious laugh.

 

“I’m not going to stop being your roommate just because of that.” Minjeong smiles softly. “Thank you for apologising and yes, I would probably appreciate a heads up, but it’s partly my fault because I said I’d be out all day - and I came back early, so…”

“Thank you.” Jimin sighs in relief and Minjeong grins.

“So how about kimbap for dinner?” Minjeong asks.


 


 

“You guys made up?” Ningning asks when both Jimin and Minjeong arrive at the bar at the same time, arms linked with each other.

“You make it sound like we fought.” Jimin chuckles. “It was just a slight incident.”
“Slight incident.” Minjeong smirks and Jimin pouts, bumping her hip with Minjeong.

“Shots, es!” Aeri comes in behind the bar waiter and they’re served with a tray of shots.

 

Jimin and Minjeong are handed one and they look at each other with a smile.

 

“Bottoms up.” And down it goes.





 

By the end of the night, Minjeong and Jimin somehow make it home successfully as Jimin sobers up halfway, while Minjeong remains slow, sluggish and drunk as ever.

 

Jimin learns that Minjeong is quite the lightweight and doesn’t know why she drank so much today. Ningning tells her it’s because she wanted to keep up with Jimin and she finds it sweet.

 

Sweet Minjeong.

 

Drunk Minjeong is also clingier than her usual self as she refuses to detach herself from Jimin, so the taller girl ends up throwing the both of them onto her own bed.

 

Minjeong hums a sigh of relief and practically lays on top of Jimin, but then something changes and Jimin feels it in the pit of her soul.

 

Minjeong props herself up and gazes down at Jimin impassively. She’s looking down at her through her lashes, eyes roaming all over and Jimin’s heart stutters in her chest.

 

Jimin thinks that this is something that will happen to her over and over again. Someone’s always going to want to take something from her, to kiss her and to take her home to bed, and not to kiss her just because. She’s tipsy and Minjeong’s tipsy and she sighs, ready to be taken advantage of and to lose her mind to numbness.

 

But Minjeong proves her wrong— gently pushing Jimin down on her bed, she hovers over her, encasing Jimin’s body with her own like a ghost, lightly, and gently. 

 

Knees on both sides of Jimin, she leans down— one hand above Jimin’s head, propping herself up and the other hand at Jimin’s crown, rearranging Jimin’s hair to show her face properly.

 

Jimin looks up and she sees Minjeong’s eyes glossed over with something foreign and sweet.

 

Minjeong leans down and kisses Jimin’s forehead chastely. 

 

She presses a kiss to Jimin’s left cheek,

 

To her right,

 

Her nose,

 

Her beauty mark below her lips,

 

The underside of her chin,

 

Her neck,

 

Her bare shoulder,

 

And her collar bone.

 

“You’re so beautiful, unnie.” Minjeong says it's as simple as breathing in oxygen.

 

Jimin’s entire being burns— but not with want and passion, but an unsettling feeling of care and warmth she hadn’t felt in years. Jimin doesn’t want to touch Minjeong like others touch her. She wants to caress Minjeong and wants Minjeong to keep her forever warm like this.

 

Sweetly and kindly, Minjeong doesn’t take anymore, or anything from her at all.








 

Minjeong wakes up in a bed that’s definitely not hers, but it’s warm and smells good. Minjeong jolts up when she realises that she’s in Jimin’s room.

 

She steps out and finds no trace of Jimin in the apartment, except for a note.


 

Went out to buy some things 

 

 

  • Jimin

 


 

Minjeong smiles before heading to the shower.






 

When Jimin returns to the apartment, Minjeong is at the dining table with papers scattered across the table and with her laptop open— playing quiet music. Jimin takes in her appearance, short hair tied back and glasses perched at her nose.

 

She had never known Minjeong wore glasses.

 

“Hey - you’re back?” Minjeong stands up with a grin. “What’d you buy?”

“Yeah.” Jimin swallows. “Just some things for me and the apartment.”

 

Minjeong steps over to help Jimin with the bags but Jimin sees Minjeong’s hand incoming towards her own, and as they almost make contact— Jimin pulls back and one of the bags falls.

 

“Oops - I got it.” Minjeong bends down and picks up the fallen things, glad it was only a shampoo bottle and conditioner and not food.

 

Minjeong doesn’t address Jimin’s pulling away and flinching and Jimin’s curious as to why she wouldn’t like everyone else does.

 

“Sorry.” Jimin clears .

“It’s alright.” Minjeong smiles and it eases Jimin’s nerves.







 

The next time it happens again, they’re at a crowded bar and restaurant to celebrate Aeri’s birthday amongst a bunch of other friends.

 

Everyone’s around the giant circle table and Jimin and Minjeong are seated beside each other.

 

Jimin recently noticed that Minjeong isn’t as clingy as before. She doesn’t leave lingering touches, brief hugs, or doesn’t link their arms anymore. Jimin knows why because she pulled away and it might have spooked Minjeong.

 

But even though Minjeong doesn’t touch her a lot anymore, there’s still that persistent presence and comfort that Minjeong brings to Jimin, and because they live with each other. Minjeong would sit beside her or walk beside her and to still let Jimin know she’s there, Minjeong would brush their shoulder’s together occasionally and ease Jimin’s body.

 

Like now at this dinner, even though there are many people all over, Jimin’s chair crosses over the sections slightly as she sits almost shoulder to shoulder with Minjeong.

 

Minjeong wore a skirt today and the expanse of the smooth unblemished skin at her thighs is quite distracting and in need of Minjeong’s touch again, Jimin thinks of putting her hand there to hold Minjeong’s leg.

 

But she doesn’t.

 

It is a mere thought.


 

“You guys have been attached to the hip all this time,” Somi addresses the two of them. “You come to gatherings together and then leave together. Is there something you’re not telling us?”

“I wanted to ask too!” Yunjin grins sheepishly.

 

Jimin chuckles at the diverted attention as they distract Aeri momentarily to bring the cake out. Minjeong stiffens and her ears grow warm for no apparent reason.

 

“We’ve been roommates for a bunch of months.” Minjeong answers.

“What?!” Somi’s eyes widen.

“Seriously?” Chaewon blinks.

“And no one said anything?” Yunjin blinks.

“No one asked.” Jimin grins slyly.

 

The winter approaches them and a sparkling candle catches Aeri’s attention, which then triggers everyone to sing happy birthday.

 

“Oh my gosh - cake!”  





 

Jimin heads to the bathroom and when she exits, she bumps into a tall figure. She stumbles and a strong hand grips her wrist and she attempts to pull away but the hold is strong.

 

“Hey, Jimin! What a coincidence.” The guy grins and Jimin blinks, suddenly out of her element. “Remember me, right?”

“Right.” Jimin blinks— the failed escapade. 

“You promised another night but you haven’t called me yet, how come?” He asks.

“I’ve been busy.” Jimin lies, finally able to yank her wrist out of his hand.

“Really?” He tilts his head, features darkening. “Not even a small text? I sent you messages and you didn’t reply either.”
“I’ve been busy and I’d really like it if you’d move out of my way.” She scowls.

“You’re not doing anything after, right?” He stops her, backing her into the wall. “Come back to my place.”

 

Jimin moves away and she bumps into someone again, wearing her patience thinner but she relaxes when she sees that it’s Minjeong.

 

“She is actually doing something after.” Minjeong says, pushing Jimin behind her slightly.

“Doing what?” He scoffs.

 Me, so back off.” Minjeong drags her hand down to Jimin’s and intertwines their hands firmly.

 

She pulls Jimin out of the restaurant and begins to trail behind their friends who are walking off and laughing loudly in the distance.

 

Minjeong then realises that she’s still holding Jimin’s hand.

 

“Sorry.” She pulls away but Jimin links their hands together again.

“Don’t be.” Jimin smiles softly, wondering why she would ever flinch at Minjeong’s touch.







 

When they’re back home and Jimin’s still holding Minjeong’s hand— she reluctantly has to let go when Minjeong offers to make them tea.

 

When Jimin takes a sip of the tea and looks up at Minjeong who looks so beautiful in their kitchen under the dim yellow night light— she bursts into tears and Minjeong’s at her side immediately.

 

“You’re so nice to me, Minjeongie, and gentle…” Jimin says quietly when Minjeong’s rubbing her back soothingly.

“Of course I’d be.” Minjeong chuckles nervously as she frowns at Jimin’s sudden outburst. “You’re a great person - of course I’d be nice to you.”

“I’m sorry - I’m kind of a mess right now.” Jimin sniffles and Minjeong chuckles. 

“You’re lovely.” Minjeong tells her and Jimin’s sent back to the night they were both drunk and Minjeong gave something to Jimin instead of taking something away.

 

“Do you…” Jimin doesn’t know how to go about this since they haven’t spoken about it for weeks. “Do you remember that night we were all at a bar and we came home together? You were drunk and clingy so I took you to my room… Do you remember what happened?”

 

Minjeong smiles softly.

 

“I do.” She nods and Jimin blinks— fully expecting Minjeong to have dismissed it.

“Oh.” Jimin blinks, rendered speechless.

“I like you.” Minjeong says and Jimin opens and closes like a fish. 

 Oh.” Jimin’s cheeks flare red.

 

Minjeong cups Jimin’s face and wipes her tears as Jimin’s eyes flutter close before leaning in and kissing both her eyelids. Jimin grows weak at the knees for Minjeong.

 

“Cute…” Minjeong grins with a chuckle. “C’mon, it’s late. Go wash up.”




 

Jimin showers in deep thought and when she’s in her room and listening to Minjeong showering, she decides something.

 

Minjeong lays down in her bed, lights off and warm in the soft comforter. 

 

A knock on her door interrupts her peace, however not unwanted. 

 

“Minjeong?” Jimin calls out, turning the knob.

“Mm?” Minjeong croaks.

“Is it… is it okay if I sleep with you tonight?” Jimin asks, hands fidgeting at the hem of her shirt.

 

Minjeong doesn’t verbally answer, but she’s lifting up her comforter and Jimin relaxes, entering her room and shuffling into the warmth of Minjeong.

 

“Is this okay?” Minjeong asks, wrapping an arm over Jimin.

“Yeah.” Jimin answers, but she feels something is lacking, so she turns around to face Minjeong instead— still able to see Minjeongs features in the light coming from outside her window. “Pretty.” 

“Me?” Minjeong smiles.

“Who else?” Jimin snorts.

“I was thinking you were looking at yourself in my eyes, beautiful.” Minjeong smirks and Jimin rolls her eyes, snuggling closer to Minjeong until they’re practically nose to nose.

 

“Did you mean it romantically when you said you liked me?” Jimin feels dumb asking.

“If letting you into my bed and kissing your face doesn’t tell you that - I must be pretty terrible at articulating my affection.” Minjeong grins, reaching a hand out to tuck Jimin’s hair behind her ear and Jimin blushes.

“Why do you like me?” Jimin asks and Minjeong hums.

“I don’t know, does there have to be a reason?” Minjeong shrugs with a warm smile. “Is it too simple to say I just want to take care of you?”

 

It's adequate— one of the best answers Jimin’s ever heard from someone, and Jimin knows it’s a good answer when she’s leaning in and kissing Minjeong, hand at the back of her neck, pulling her in more.

 

“I think I like you more”, Jimin whispers.

Minjeong grins, “Impossible.”



 



 

Minjeong rests her head against the cool table as she sighs with a smile.

 

“Look at our lovesick Minjeongie.” Ryujin snickers and Minjeong pinches her.

“She’s so beautiful.” Minjeong hums, watching Jimin dance with Yeji.

“Yeji? I know right. I love my girlfriend.” Ryujin grins. “Don’t be trying to take my girl.”

“Sure.” Minjeong snorts. “I’m talking about Jimin.”

“Yu Jimin?” Ryujin’s eyes are full of surprise. “Really? Wow. Didn’t know she was your type.”

“Why are you so shocked? And I don’t have a type.” Minjeong shrugs. “I just like Jimin.”

“Are you confessing to me or her?” Ryujins blinks.

“She already knows.” Minjeong smiles bashfully.

“She knows you like her? Are you guys dating?” Ryujin asks.

“No.” Minjeong says, eyes still on Minjeong.

“Okay, well good I think.” Ryujin says sceptically. “You should be careful around Jimin. I hear things.”

 

Minjeong frowns and turns back to Ryujin.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She questions.

“Well, y’know - she sleeps around and doesn’t commit. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Ryujin shrugs and Minjeong’s frown deepens.

“You shouldn't talk about someone like that without knowing them.” Minjeong says darkly and Ryujin blinks.

“Minjeong - I’m sorry If I offended you.” Ryujin apologises immediately. “I didn’t mean it like that.”
“Still said it.” Minjeong shrugs.

“Okay - so I indulge in gossip sometimes. Guilty.” Ryujin smiles sheepishly and Minjeong rolls her eyes. 

“Don’t listen to terrible rumours if you want to make friends with Jimin.” Minjeong says.

“I’m sorry.” Ryujin bows deeply and Minjeong chuckles. “I will make an effort to be friends with my friend’s girlfriend.”
“She’s not my girlfriend.” Minjeong shoves Ryujin.

“She could be.” Ryujin grins like the devil and Minjeong threatens to hit her.

 

Yeji returns and tells them that Jimin’s at the bar to get drinks, but it’s been a while and Minjeong notices what’s occupying her. Minjeong’s fingers tap against the bar front table in a steady slow rhythm as her eyes narrow in on Jimin at the far side of the bar, supposedly grabbing drinks.

 

“I’m still studying actually.” Jimin tells the woman.

“Really?” The woman takes a sip of her drink. “What do you want to be after?”

“Maybe a writer.” Jimin says bashfully, cheeks tinging red from the alcohol. “What about you?”

“Interesting. I’m actually a marine biologist.” The woman says, gaining Jimin’s interest. “I work at the aquarium uptown.”
“You’re a marine biologist!” Jimin’s eyes light up. “No way! I love sea animals!”

“You do?” The woman leans forward, hand inching towards Jimin. “What’s your favourite animal?”

“Definitely sharks - but I can’t pick one.” Jimin smiles. “I love all of them.”

“That’s adorable.” The woman purrs. “How about you come around next week and I’ll give you a private tour of the animals.”
“Seriously?” Jimin’s eyes widened, body buzzing with excitement at the thought of being at an aquarium.

“Sure, just-”

 

A hand slides against Jimin’s hips and an arm wraps around Jimin’s waist protectively. There’s a warm body pressed behind her and a sharp chin at her shoulder— Jimin doesn’t need to think to know who it is.

 

“Minjeong!” Jimin’s smile blooms with affection.

“What’s taking so long, baby?” Minjeong says, pressing a kiss to the underside of Jimin’s chin. “I thought you said you were getting drinks?”

Jimin pauses momentarily, forgetting her train of thought because of Minjeong, but recovers after remembering the woman seated next to her. “I was, but then I met this girl here and she’s a marine biologist!” Jimin tells Minjeong excitedly. “She works at the aquarium too, can you believe it? She said she’d take us on a private tour.”
 

Minjeong turns to the woman and looks her up and down— causing the woman to stiffen. She turns back to Jimin with a smile.

 

“Really?” Minjeong’s lips curl into a smirk.

“Y-yeah, might have to check with the boss, though… gonna call him now, excuse me.” The woman hops off the stool and pushes through the crowd, disappearing.

 

She rolls her eyes and scoffs as she steps away from Jimin and stands in front of her, leaning against the bar front.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jimin asks, noticing Minjeong’s annoyance.

“Nothing.” Minjeong shakes her head with a smile. “Did… did you realise she was flirting with you?”

“Flirting? Me? When?” Jimin blinks and Minjeong softens with a giggle.

“You know, for someone who was a notorious flirt and was flirted with often - you’ve lost touch.” Minjeong smirks and Jimin backhands her stomach lightly, a blush blooming at her cheeks.

“Shut up.” Jimin pouts. “Maybe it’s because I’ve already found what I wanted and I don’t need to flirt anymore.”
“Really?” Minjeong gazes at Jimin with warm eyes.

“Yeah.” Jimin almost whispers— eyes dropping down to Minjeong’s glistening lips, but Minjeong hears it over the booming music and busy throngs of people.

 

Then a beat—

 

“Do you wanna go home?” Jimin asks.





 

It escalates fast, but Jimin’s pressing Minjeong up against the closed door of their apartment, kissing her with all of her might. Minjeong’s hands find purchase of Jimin’s biceps, holding her close yet tightening her hold as she grows nervous under Jimin’s frenzy of affection.

 

They stumble into Jimin’s room and Jimin sits back on her bed, leading Minjeong to her lap slowly. Minjeong swings a leg over and sits on Jimin’s lap, wrapping her arms around Jimin’s shoulder’s hesitantly as Jimin holds minjeong in place at the small of her back.

 

Jimin dives right back in, kissing Minjeong and her hands trail under Minjeong’s shirt to the expanse of her , below her bra clasp— causing the younger girl to tremble with her eyes closed tightly. 

 

Minjeong releases a shaky breath as Jimin presses wet kisses at the length of her neck and she digs her hands into Jimin’s shoulders— bunching up the fabric of her shirt.

 

“J-Jimin?” Minjeong swallows.

“Hm?” Jimin answers, halting her movement as she looks up into Minjeong’s eyes, blinking curiously.

 

She then notices the dishevelled state of Minjeong, red cheeks and swollen lips. Jimin’s heart swells and she blushes.

 

“Can I ask a question?” Minjeong says. “I mean - it’s kind of rude, but not really - I mean, it’s a genuine question - and just to be safe, y’know-”

“Minjeong, yes.” Jimin chuckles. “Ask me anything.”

 

Jimin doesn’t let go of her hold on Minjeong’s bare midriff, liking the warmth of her skin there.

 

“Right… um.” Minjeong clears . “You’re… clean, right?”

“Of course. I get tested every three months.” Jimin answers. “You’re clean too, right?”

“I am but…” Minjeong’s ears burn red and she covers her face with her hands, feeling embarrassed as she’s still seated on Jimin’s lap.

“What?” Jimin smiles, pulling Minjeong’s hands away from her face and kissing her wrists. “Tell me.”
“I’ve never actually… y’know .” Minjeong says, feeling shy.

“Oh.” Jimin blinks, freezing. “Do you want to stop this? We don’t have to if you’re not ready.”
“No! I mean, no - it’s not that I’m not ready because I definitely do want this with you. Just you.” Minjeong says and Jimin softens.

“I thought you dated Chaehyun for a while?” Jimin asks and Minjeong smiles wryly.

“It wasn’t for that long but I kind of was all in… but then she told me she was only experimenting when she broke up with me, so… there’s that.” Minjeong sighs and then she blinks. “Wait - how did you know I dated her? Only a few people knew.”

“Oh. I kind of saw you guys kiss one time when I was avoiding class.” Jimin says and Minjeong frowns.

“Yeah… it was kind of a secret thing - what we had.” Minjeong says dejectedly.

“I’m sorry.” Jimin wraps her arms around Minjeong and pulls her closer.

“It’s not your fault.” Minjeong smiles softly down at Jimin.

 

Jimin leans up and kisses Minjeong’s lips chastely.

 

“Get up for a second.” Jimin says and Minjeong complies. They both stand up and Jimin turns them around and leads Minjeong to the bed. “Lie down.”

 

Minjeong scoots up on the bed and lays flat on her back. Jimin crawls up until she’s hovering over Minjeong like the younger girl had done to her those nights ago.

 

Minjeong gulps audibly and Jimin smiles encouragingly.

 

“If you’re ready then… I’ll make sure to make you feel good.” Jimin leans down and kisses Minjeong soundly, moving a hand down to Minjeong’s shirt as she pushes the hem up, feeling her soft skin again.

 

She breaks apart and Minjeong feels like her body has been in front of a furnace all this time when she’s with Jimin.

 

“You’re not a secret and you’re not an experiment.” Jimin kisses her again. “You’re everything to me.” 

 


 



 

It's different, waking up beside a warm body who slots in with yours just like a puzzle piece. Jimin knows she’s not a religious person anymore, but she thinks God may have just made Minjeong for her. 

 

She leans over, kissing Minjeong’s bare shoulder and it stirs Minjeong awake.

 

“Jimin…?” Minjeong turns over, pulling the blanket up to warm her shoulders. “How long have you been awake?”

“I just woke up now.” Jimin says.

Minjeong grins, leaning over as she nudges Jimin’s cheek with her nose affectionately before kissing her chastely on the lips. Jimin pulls back and blushes.

“I haven’t brushed my teeth yet. Morning breath.” Jimin pulls the blanket up and Minjeong pulls it away.

“I don’t care. Neither have I.” Minjeong grins, leaning down to kiss Jimin again, who squeals with delight.

“Stop - it’s ticklish!” Jimin squirms and Minjeong only peppers more kisses all over Jimin.

“You smell so good.” Minjeong hums, nuzzling her nose against Jimin’s neck.

“I smell like you.” Jimin chuckles and Minjeong presses a kiss at her neck.

“Exactly.” Minjeong grins. “You’re mine.” 


 


 

“Yeah! Here’s to finishing the semester!” Yunjin cheers and everyone clinks their glasses in the middle.

“WOO!” Ningning yells and Minjeong winces at her volume.

 

Minjeong takes the shot and immeidately wants to throw it back up again. She places the shot back down on the table and it’s still half full. Her body is just not stomaching the alcohol these days.

 

“Minjeongie, why didn’t you drink it all?” Jake, one of their juniors speak.

 

Ah— the bane of Jimin’s existence.

 

Jake who doesn’t use honorfics and excuses it as he’s from Australia, but Jimin knows he’s just a little .

 

“A-ah, I’m just not feeling it.” Minjeong says, shoulder’s brushing up against Jimin’s.

“I can take it for you.” Jake says, taking the shot and drinking it down.

“Ouuuu~ indirect kiss…” Ningning says conspiratorially.

“Date.. date, date, date!” Jay begins to chant and Minjeong flushes.

 

Jimin huffs through her nose, placing a hand at Minjeong’s thigh and resting her hand there to keep herself calm.

 

“Guys - shut up!” Minjeong whines and Chaewon shoves Jay, and he grins sheepishly.

 

The dinner progresses well and Jimin’s slightly annoyed about sitting in between Minjeong and Jake.

 

“Minjeong-ah, can you pass me a tissue?” Jake says and Jimin’s had enough.

“Oh, sure-”

“Here.” Jimin reaches over and throws it right in front of him. 

 

Everyone blinks and doesn’t question Jimin’s usual behaviour.

 

Minjeong smiles, turning over to Jimin.

 

“Are you jealous?” Minjeong mouths and Jimin scowls.

“No…” She pouts and Minjeong grins, intertwining their hands underneath the table.

“I like you.” She leans over and whispers to Jimin.

 

Jimin grins.

 

“No.” She shakes her head. “I like you more.”

 

It’s unusual this night, Minjeong can’t stomach drinks and Jimin feels warm and a bit tipsy, unlike her usual heavy drinking tendencies.

 

She slumps onto Minjeong’s shoulder, head against Minjeong’s shoulder and arm around her waist. Minjeong stays still to steady the both of them and her body feels warm against Jimin.

 

“Yah Yu Jimin!” Yeji points a finger at her. “Let’s find you someone hot tonight!”

“Don’t wanna!” Jimin whines, catching everyone off guard with her unusual childish tone.

 

Minjeong chuckles.

 

“Let Minjeongie breathe - give her to Jake!” Yeji slurs with her face red and eyes squinting.

“No!” She groans. “Minjeongie’s mine!”

“What!” Somi gasps and Minjeong blinks, cheeks flaring red.

 

Jimin wraps both her arms around Minjeong and holds her tightly.

 

“You heard me…” Jimin mumbles and Minjeong turns her head slightly, pressing a kiss to Jimins hair— making their friends gasp.

“We’ve been hanging with you guys and you didn’t say anything to me?! Yah! Kim Minjeong - you betrayer!” Ningning stands up, pointing at Minjeong who smiles sheepishly.

“Called it.” Aeri nods with approval.

“Minjeongie - let’s go home.” Jimin pouts and Minjeong chuckles.

“Okay.” She smiles. “We’ll go home.”


 


 

Minjeong and jimin return home and they’re in Jimin’s bed this cold night, but no cold creeps in under the warmth of Minjeong’s gaze upon Jimin.

 

“Can I kiss you?” Minjeong asks and Jimin chuckles, the corners of lifting up into a delighted grin.

“Of course.” Jimin answers and Minjeong’s leaning in again— sweetly.

 

The kiss is short and gentle, like Minjeong’s care for her depollutes her tainted body, and the rot right out her bloodstream. 

 

“I like you.” I love you— Minjeong says.

“I like you more.” I love you more— Jimin whispers.




 

 

 

THE END <33