Pain is Temporary

My Heart Aches for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days went by in silence. Dahyun still attended her classes, but she would just zone out thinking about Momo. When her final class finishes, she exits in a fast pace and her head down. She had no intention in staying on campus any longer than she should. All Dahyun wanted was to go home into her lover's arms.

However, Momo is less interested in her academics, deciding to skip her classes. Being on campus would automatically lead her to wait in front of the monolidded girl's classes, and she had agreed to give Dahyun space. So here she was, at the bar with Jeongyeon, mid afternoon.

"Hey, you need to slow down. You don't want to get wasted so early in the day Momo" Jeongyeon says with worry. She heard through the grapevine that something happened to the couple, and concluded it was major when Dahyun isolated herslef from her girlfriend and all her friends.

"Leave me alone, I should be allowed to drink as much as I want" Momo slurred, she did have a couple shots and was feeling the heat. Everything was getting blurry. 

"Its time to take you home" Jeongyeon states. She came to keep watch on the japanses after being invited to tag along. She's never seen the girl so down before. Jeongyeon calls Nayeon to come fetch them. 

--

Dahyun has barely slept a wink, constantly tossing and turning. There was a storm outside, streaks of lightning filled the sky and thunder shook her apartment. It painted what the inside of her head looked like. She hated herself for letting her insecurities take over. The thoughts in the back of her mind letting her know she was a burden and that she deserved to be alone. Dahyun covered her ears to drown out the voices, while tears slowly streamed down her face. She could barely breathe.

Dahyun got up from her bed. She had to see Momo now. Already dressed in Momo's hoodie and pajama pants, she puts her shoes on and head out the door. Dahyun honestly doesn't know what she's doing or what she's gonna say, if Momo is even going to answer the door. All these thoughts consume Dahyun's mind she feels like she can't breathe again. When she snaps out of her thought, she realizes that Momo's building is not far away. The Korean can feel the cold rain wash over her, it was refreshing.

Arriving at Momo's front door, she almost chickened out but she had to see the girl. Dahyun sees that its 3 am, knowing Momo is a heavy sleeper and probably won't be awake at this time. Either way, she knocks.

Its quiet for a minute, until the door opens to the sight Dahyun has missed these passed few days. The TV was on in the living room, its glow allowing to see Momo, and her puffy red eyes and bags, and her face seemed slimmer too which worried her. She was in Dahyun's hoodie with her boxers, wrapped in a fluffly blanket. Dahyun had missed her so much, her heart swelled.

Momo was surprised to hear someone at the door so late at night. After the bar, Momo slept the whole day and now couldn't go back to sleep; in fact, drinking is the only thing helping her sleep. Lowering the volume, she saunters to the door opening it to see her Dahyunnie drenched from the rain. Her eyes were red, her face puffy, like hers, and she was shivering. All Momo does is think about how Dahyun is doing and now that she sees her, her heart bursts into a million buterflies.

"Momoring" Dahyun sobs and Momo catches her into the warmest hug she can make. 

"Its okay I got you" she whispered into the tiny girl's ear, some tears rolled down her face from seeing her lover's state.

The only sound that could be heard were the korean's cries. After a few minutes, she began to calm down with a couple whimpers and sniffle being heard. Dahyun was still shivering, which worried Momo as she didn't want the monolidded girl to get sick.

"Come Dahyun, lets get you out of these clothes" as the Japanese attempted to step back, Dahyun instantly gripped onto her hoodie keeping her close, her cries getting louder. A plead came out , "P-please don't let me go".

"I would never." 

Carefully, Momo bridal carried her poor girlfriend into her bathroom and puts her into the shower. "While you take off your clothes, I'm going to fix the bath for you", she whispers.

Dahyun could only weakly nod, her voice cought in . As the older woman prepares the bath, a million thoughts flying through her head. They've been together for three years and have had their fair shares of ups and downs. Dahyun has opened up about her habits of closing herself from other people, but she had never done it to Momo. When the temperature is right, she proceeds to grab extra towels and dim the lights a bit. Once everything was set, Momo went to check on Dahyun to find her leaning against the wall looking exhausted- as if her energy was drained. It seemed as though she was struggling to take off her pants.

"Here let me help" Momo says softly, and kneels down. She inches her hand to the waistband , but looks up to ask permission. With a nad, she slowly pulls down her pants and underwear.

She delicately grabs the korean's limp hand and leads her towards the bath tub, helping her in. Momo slightly tilts Dahyun's head back, and with a cup, pours warm water onto her head. Dahyun relishes in the serenity of it all, closing her eyes and taking it in. She feels guilty for leaving her girlfriend just because she cannot control her own thoughts, then for Momo to take care of her. Of course Momo would take care of her, 'gosh you're an idiot dahyun' she thought. It was becoming too much again and before she can stop it, tears fall down her face.

Momo sees this and softly wipes her tears away. It makes her sad that her love is feeling so down and felt like she couldn't come to her; all she wants to do is take care of her. After the bath, Momo gets up, "Let's get you dried", and stretches her hand out for Dahyun.  The former helps her out the tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter