Final

Stupid Book (MiShu re-write)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua is bored at the dorm and everyone is out (Yuqi is knocked out in bed) except for Miyeon who is too busy reading her stupid book.

It's a Friday afternoon where time seemed to be passing too slowly for Shuhua's liking. Shuhua had exhausted all her patience in the few phone games she was playing. The fact that she couldn't get past a certain level made her pissed. Soyeon and Minnie were at the company, something about composing a new song. Soojin was out with the other 98 liners, finally getting time to reunite with Eunseo and SinB. The night before, Yuqi was complaining about a horrible headache and was currently knocked out in bed with her arms tightly wound around a (a billion?) stuffed rabbit. ("It's called Gigi!" Yuqi yells for the nth time though no one really cares.) 

Hence, the only person available for Shuhua to pester was Miyeon, who was currently comfortably seated on the couch while reading a book. 
Shuhua stared at her. She had always thought that Miyeon was beautiful. Over the past couple of months, Miyeon trimmed off some of her hair,  letting it fall just above her shoulders and Shuhua found it gorgeous. She just wished that their stylists would stop making Miyeon wear hair extensions. The way Miyeon's facial expressions changed when she read made Shuhua soften. Sometimes, her face would contort into a small frown or she would let out tiny gasps at the seemingly 'hella cool' scenes. And her eyes, Shuhua loved them. Those large doe eyes that looked at everyone with love. (Shuhua liked to think that she had an extra dose of love from Miyeon compared to the others). Miyeon reminded Shuhua of a real life cartoon character with her expressiveness and Shuhua will never get tired of her cartoon-like actions.

Fifteen minutes passed and Shuhua was getting bored of watching Miyeon read. Honestly, she was expecting the older girl to feel the lasers from her eyes, just begging for attention. But it seemed like Miyeon's attention was going nowhere and Shuhua wasn't going to be noticed anytime soon. It's as if Miyeon was into the book, rendering her unaware of Shuhua's intense stare.

"Unnie, what are you reading?"

"Deception Point by Dan Brown. Sana bought it for me."

Of course it was from Sana. Shuhua's oh so favourite bestie. Shuhua couldn't help but sulk a little bit because she's sick of always hearing Miyeon talk about Sana. Not that she has anything against the Japanese girl, of course, Twice is also one of her favourite groups. But she doesn't like the fact that everyone always labels Miyeon and Sana as "girlfriends". Why? She's not really sure right now but whatever.

"It must be really interesting for you to be so absorbed in reading it"

Miyeon merely hummed in acknowledgement.

Silence.

Seriously? Was Miyeon going to let this 'conversation' end just like that? 

Shuhua would be lying if she said that she wasn't slightly annoyed. Maybe she was spoiled. After all, she was used to having all her unnies' attention even when she doesn't want it. But now, Miyeon isn't even sparing her a glance. Her Cho Miyeon unnie who would do anything she asked, even if she was being unreasonable. (All she had to do is to show some rare aegyo to get Miyeon to agree) Everyone knew that Miyeon had a soft spot for Shuhua. Which was why the youngest member would always gets away with things that the other members wouldn't. 

Once, Yuqi tried to steal a slice of Miyeon's red velvet cake and she ended up getting her whooped. However, when Shuhua got caught sneakily trying to steal a bite, Miyeon ended up just giving her the whole box. Yuqi who witnessed this sulked in a corner while muttering something that sounded like "Stupid whipped loser" but Miyeon pretended to not hear her.

So, why was Miyeon ignoring her now?  Shuhua glared at the book and huffed. Stupid book. This  book was stealing all her unnie's attention.

"Unnie, I'm bored."

"Go watch TV or something.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter