Chapter 3

Love on the Rocks

Kyuhyun's POV

I awoke to the mouthwatering smell of bacon frying.  When I opened my eyes, and looked around I panicked slightly not knowing where I was.  As my eyes adjusted and I tried to calm my racing heart, I remembered.  I was no longer subjected to the indignity of living in a car.  I grinned and snuggled down into the bed.  I relished the feeling of actually having a good-nights sleep, and almost fell back asleep when the door opened slowly.

I peaked open my eyes and saw Ryeowook walk in hesitantly.  He wore a pink apron with small bunnies printed on it, he glanced over at me and looked unsure of what to do.  I almost laughed at his meekness, and sat up so he would see I was awake.

"Oh!  Did I wake you up?  Ah sorry Kyu!" he apoligized bowing in my direction.

"Don't worry, I was already up." I assured him, and smiled to show that I wasn't upset.  He grinned back relieved and announced,

"Well then, breakfast is on the table.  Go on and start eating, I have to go wake sleeping beauty."  I chuckled at his referance to Sungmin, and hopped out of my new bed.

"Kay Wookie, thanks!" I said in a teasing voice, using his nickname.  He looked about ready to say something, but I nudged him down the hall, as I headed to the kitchen laughing the whole way.

The table was laden with eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast, and fruit salad.  I looked at the spread hungrily, I couldn't remember the last time I had seen so much food.  I quickly grabbed a plate and loaded it with all the delicious smelling food.  I had already stuffed a piece of bacon in my mouth when Ryeowook and Sungmin entered the kitchen. 

Ryeowook rolled his eyes at me and I tried to hold back my laughter.  A half asleep Sungmin was attached to his waist, and Ryewook was dragging him along.

"Woookiee~!  It's too early!  Let me sleep some more!"  Ryeowook sighed and pushed Sungmin into a chair,

"Minnie, you're the one who told me to wake you up early today.  You have an appointment, remember?"  Sungmin groaned in response,

"Ugh, don't remind me!  You know I hate the dentist!  Come with me please!" 

"Min, be reasonable.  You're an adult, go by yourself."  Sungmin pouted and whined,

"Yeah well you're an adult, and you're still scared of the dark!  You're one to talk!"  Ryeowook blushed, and glared at his friend,

"Fine, you win.  I'll go with you."  I stifled my laugh as I watched Sungmin smile smugly, and reach for a pancake.  Ryeowook looked over at me and asked

"So what are your plans today, Kyu?"  I smiled when he used my new nickname, and replied,

"Eh, I don't really have any.  I'm pretty much free except for work."  He nodded,

"Oh yeah our shift starts at nine, tonight.  Well, you wanna come hang out at the dentist office with me?" he asked, his eyes pleading.  The idea wasn't exactly appealing, but I found that his puppy-dog eyes were hard to resist.

"Okay fine, but you're treating me for lunch."  He smiled brightly, and suprised me when he gave me a quick hug.

"Yay!  And don't worry about lunch, it's Minnie's treat!"  Sungmin perked up at the last part of his statement, and yelled,

"Hey!"  he went after Ryeowook who playfully dodged him and ran away screaming in mock fear.

I would have cracked up if I hadn't been frozen in my seat.  My heart was beating fast, and I felt heat on my cheeks.  Was this a reaction to his hug?  I was slightly alarmed, I had never had a response like this before.  What was going on with me?


srry for short rushed update im having a paaarrrtttyyyy! i got 2 go! bye luvs!