The long-lost Kim

SEOUL HIGH UNIVERSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

"Daewon, how much longer must I wait to meet our precious daughter? You promised they found her. Where is she?" The woman's impatience erupted in her words as she channeled her grievances toward her husband. The man could only release a profound sigh, his countenance bearing the gravity of the situation, as he extended a folder to his wife.

"I've been pondering how to approach our daughter. My operatives have maintained a watchful eye on her for weeks now," he elucidated with composure, resting his hands on the table, fingers interlocked.

Amidst their dialogue, muted cries seeped from the confines of the office, accompanied by a faint chuckle. "Is this our dear Yuna? Is this what she looks like now?" The woman's voice quavered, a cocktail of emotions as she scrutinized a surreptitiously captured photograph of a girl en route to school.

"She has my eyes. Our child is so beautiful," the woman observed, a mixture of emotions swelling within her.

"Our child..." the man's voice trailed off, laden with emotion. "She no longer answers to the name Yuna. She identifies as Kim Dahyun now."

"Kim Dahyun," the woman echoed with an affectionate smile.

Gazing at the photograph, the woman gradually comprehended that her long-lost daughter now adorned the same school uniform as Sana.

"Is she enrolled at S-SHU?" The woman's voice quivered, hope infused with concern.

"Yes," the man affirmed with a slight nod, his tone a gentle caress as he brushed away a tear tracing down his cheek.

"And what tier is she in?" The woman's query lingered, a blend of anticipation and apprehension lacing her words.

"An underclass," the man responded, his tone subdued. Tears cascaded freely down the woman's cheeks as she empathized with the challenges their daughter might be grappling with as an underclass student.

"Our dear child... I can scarcely imagine the trials she endures as an underclass scholar," the woman murmured, her heart aching for the hardships her daughter could be facing.

The man rose, enveloping his wife in a consoling embrace. "Daewon, let's bring our child home," she whispered, her voice a fusion of determination and longing.

Near their chamber, Jisoo inadvertently overheard the discourse between her aunt and uncle. Her jaw dropped as she registered the name of her long-lost cousin.

"Sooya! What are you doing here?" Jisoo nearly leapt out of her skin when Seokjin materialized behind her. As the couple emerged from their chamber upon hearing their voices in the corridor, the trio exchanged glances. Seokjin, baffled by their demeanor, shrugged it off and exited, earpiece in place, receding down the hall.

"Jisoo, were you eavesdropping?" Soohyun inquired, eliciting a nod from the startled girl. Daewon excused himself, attending to a call from the company that demanded his attention.

"So... Auntie, is it true? Do I really have another cousin?" Jisoo wasted no time in getting to the crux of the matter, as the woman welcomed her into the room for a private talk.

"Yes, it's true. We've traced her. We located your cousin," Soohyun affirmed.

"Hah! I knew it! I remember playing with a certain girl with monolids, but I could never fathom why she vanished overnight like a soap bubble," Jisoo mumbled, her memories piecing together.

"It's been fifteen years, and we concealed it to safeguard the family's standing," Soohyun conceded, her remorse palpable in her demeanor.

"If only Daewon had heeded me, she wouldn't have had to endure all of that." Soohyun's emotions surged, her frustration tangible. Being aware of her child's whereabouts yet unable to take action was a torment she grappled with.

"Don't worry, Auntie. I'll assist you in reaching out to her," Jisoo reassured, her resolve unwavering.

 

 

"Did you guys find anything?" Sana inquired, her gaze shifting from friend to friend, including her cousin Jennie who had volunteered to assist. The group wore visible signs of exhaustion, worn down from sifting through stacks of papers. Mina emitted a frustrated groan as she set down a tablet and a lengthy roster of students.

"Ugh, I can't take this anymore," Mina bemoaned.

"Come on, Mitang, stay focused and keep at it," Sana encouraged, simultaneously skimming through another pile of papers. Mina's pout deepened as she eyed the papers held in Sana's hands.

"If only you'd let me handle the ones related to the Kims, I'd be so much happier," Mina grumbled, attracting Jennie's attention with her comment.

"Really? So you can hunt down that girl you bumped into in the hallway? No chance, Mina," Jennie playfully taunted, triggering a momentary pause in their work as all eyes turned toward Mina in intrigue.

"What girl? Are you suddenly diving into the world of romance?" Momo chimed in, genuinely taken aback by Mina's sudden intrigue in someone.

"N-no, I'm not! I mean... Well, yes, she's kind of cute but... But..." Mina stumbled over her words, attempting to formulate a coherent explanation. "But she discarded the paper! That's, uh... suspicious!" she justified, her nervousness laid bare.

"She tossed the paper?" Sana's tone carried a newfound seriousness, captivated by Mina's revelation.

"Yes, I'm telling you!" Mina exclaimed, then stood up, leading the others to the exact trash can. Within it lay the crumpled paper. The group exchanged knowing glances before Jennie quipped, "So, who's going to re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter