Encounters

SEOUL HIGH UNIVERSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was obviously a hard decision for Dahyun as she stood in front of the private property. She sighed heavily contemplating her choices. A notification popped on her phone just as she was checking for any message.

 

"I'm really glad that you've made up your mind to do it. I'm sure Aunt Soohyun will be delighted.” It was a message from Jisoo. She can’t help but heave a sigh even more. The mother and daughter bonding seems to be more serious than she had expected.

 

“You can do this, Dahyun-ah. Do this for little hyuniee,” she mumbled to herself before finally walking towards the entrance. Before she could even step inside, a man dressed in a suit immediately welcomed her.

 

“Ms. Kim Dahyun, Mrs. Kim has been waiting for you at the lobby.” The man said, before beckoning her to come and follow him. She can already see the back frames of her mother who seemed to be waiting patiently for her.

 

“Dahyun-ah!” the mother welcomed, spreading her arms in the air as she waited for Dahyun to come closer and hug her.

 

“M-mom,” she awkwardly mumbled, Soohyun then flashed her a smile and took her hand bag from the couch.

 

“Let’s start this bonding, shall we?” the mother urged. Dahyun gave her a faint smile as she observed the interior of the place. It turns out to be a private building for cosmetics and beauty treatments mainly for privileged people. Dahyun can’t help the unease creeping up on her. She didn’t expect the mother and daughter bonding to be like this. She thought that watching movies or eating some delicious street foods would be enough for them to enjoy. She must’ve forgotten that her biological family is well off.

 

However, Soohyun, who has been looking at her, felt her unease. She halted, even surprising Dahyun. “You can leave us now.” Soohyun uttered and instantly, the bodyguards dispersed from their sight.

 

“Dahyun-ah” The mother called. Dahyun, who was perplexed, turned to look at her. Soohyun heaved a sigh, realizing that she had made a mistake. She shouldn’t be the one deciding today, but her child.

 

“Do you have somewhere else in mind?” She asked. Dahyun was quick to refuse, saying that she’s fine anywhere but her tone couldn’t convince Soohyun that she is.

 

“It’s alright sweetie. You decide. Where should we go?” Dahyun sighed in defeat, finally accepting the chance. “Uhmm, if you say so. I know a restaurant somewhere.” Dahyun shyly spoke. Soohyun was somewhat nervous after hearing that, but she calmed herself thinking that it was her child whom she had lost a decade ago. And so, she’ll do what it takes to earn her back in the family.

 

“Let’s go, Mom!” Dahyun uttered, a smile now visible on her face. Soohyun’s heart can’t help but flatter the moment their hands clasp.

 

 

 

 

The two went to the said place and ate the food they had ordered. Soohyun didn’t expect much of the place but she was surprised after several bites, the delicious taste melted in making her proud of the decision to let Dahyun choose. After eating, they went inside the mall which was just across the street where the restaurant is located. Soohyun insisted on buying her child anything she wanted. They went to several department stores with Soohyun urging Dahyun to change into clothes she picked for her. This of course didn’t fail to touch Dahyun’s heart.

 

The feeling of having your parents pick clothes for you, regardless of its price. The thought of those days when she had encountered a mother and daughter picking a dress while she stared from the outside. That surely pained her broken heart. And now, she’s in front of her mom who was smiling ear to ear. Complimenting her good physique and engulfing her in a lovely hug. It sure was a dream come true.

 

The two ended their day with dinner. They sat silently as they devoured each bite of their food. This time, Soohyun was the one who suggested the place.

 

“Oh right, about the restaurant earlier, how did you know about that place? Did a friend of yours treat you there?” she opened up the topic. Dahyun smiled faintly, remembering the days of her past. She clearly understands why her mom is inquiring about that, since the price of each meal isn't something she can afford for herself.

 

“Uhmm, yes.” she answered. Soohyun smiled at that, thinking that her daughter must’ve found a good friend who can treat her to a pricey meal.

 

“Oh, a friend from SHU? You can invite her next time we go out, so we can treat her.”

 

“They’re not my friend.” Dahyun sighed momentarily. Soohyun, who have noticed her distress, halted from eating as she waited for Dahyun to speak.

 

“A rich couple adopted me before. They’re the ones who treated me there.” Dahyun explained awkwardly. She didn’t know if it’s right to tell her mom about these things, es

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter